The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

RE: Hocus Pocus

Overall cute print but why did they have to make the Sanderson sisters so ugly? Pass.

Haunted Mansion Wall Paper Dress $128 - Yes please!

Hocus Pocus Spellbook Crossbody Clutch by Loungefly – $65.00

The new Hocus Pocus dress & Spellbook Crossbody are available at Magic Kingdom most likely at the Emporium.

The HM dress would be beautiful if it was just a black print without the creepy yellow eyes.

Had a chance to try on the HM dress today and was not a fan of the fit. I'm usually a M with these dresses (tiki room, orange bird, dumbo) and the waist area was way too tight. Going up to a L the waist fit much better but the top was too big. I think this particular style may be better suited for those with an hourglass figure. Hope this helps someone with sizing!

Had a chance to try on the HM dress today and was not a fan of the fit. I'm usually a M with these dresses (tiki room, orange bird, dumbo) and the waist area was way too tight. Going up to a L the waist fit much better but the top was too big. I think this particular style may be better suited for those with an hourglass figure. Hope this helps someone with sizing!

Thanks for the heads up.
I think the HM dress looks like the Trader Sam's dress, the only difference Disney removed the gathers near the shoulders which was a great decision as they made the TS dress fit a bit weird.

I ended up canceling my pre-order for the Haunted Mansion dress, I'm pretty bitter they flipped the colors of the bust and the waist. Didn't like the real product nearly as much.

Attachments

• dress_switch.jpg
    dress_switch.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 74
Thanks for the heads up.
I think the HM dress looks like the Trader Sam's dress, the only difference Disney removed the gathers near the shoulders which was a great decision as they made the TS dress fit a bit weird.
View attachment 424671

View attachment 424672
Does anyone else struggle with the size of the waistband in these? Not how loose/tight they are, but now looooooong they are? My torso is NOT that long and the waistband extends down onto my hips (you know the widest part of my body) which creates an incredibly unflattering look. What's wrong with my body. :guilty:

Does anyone else struggle with the size of the waistband in these? Not how loose/tight they are, but now looooooong they are? My torso is NOT that long and the waistband extends down onto my hips (you know the widest part of my body) which creates an incredibly unflattering look. What's wrong with my body. :guilty:

My daughters and I are all short waisted and were actually suprised to find the waistbands are fitting very nicely on us. We almost always have issues with waisted dresses, so it was surprise to us.

Based on your photos, nothing is wrong with your body. It's the dresses, period. :hug:

I don't know what to do about the HM dress. I originally ordered the 1X at the event, and tried it on at pickup over my clothes, since there was nowhere else to really do it (I could have gone to the bathroom, but then I would have ended up in a really, really long line to return). My friend had trouble zipping it up because she didn't want to get my shirt caught in the zipper, ( I am very busty) so I ended up exchanging it for a 2X. When I took it back to the room and tried it on, without extra clothes, it seems not quite right on the top and huge in the waist. To get it where I would like it, I have to pinch it in quite a lot. I can't return the one since I bought it "via the event". But I'm wondering if I should have my Dad pick up the 1X in WDW and then I can see which one really fits better. Or just have the 2X altered, but I'm not sure how much that would cost because it would have to be taken in so much at the waist.

But I love the dress, the color and the pattern. I just want it to fit right.

Ok, this might be a stupid question but is 1X the same as XL? I'm looking at buying a dress from ebay (I just found out today that we're going to MNSSHP!!!! Omg!!!!) and I'm seeing lots of listings for 1X. I assume it's the same as XL but I know some brands have sizes xs-xl and then 1x-3x or whatever. Do the Dress Shop styles have a 1X and an XL or is it the same?

Ok, this might be a stupid question but is 1X the same as XL? I'm looking at buying a dress from ebay (I just found out today that we're going to MNSSHP!!!! Omg!!!!) and I'm seeing lots of listings for 1X. I assume it's the same as XL but I know some brands have sizes xs-xl and then 1x-3x or whatever. Do the Dress Shop styles have a 1X and an XL or is it the same?
The 1X runs bigger

XL and 1X are not the same thing. XL is the largest "ladies" size and 1X is the smallest "woman's" size. This dress came in both, so be sure to get the one you need.

I did just get this dress on Saturday. I went to the Dress Shop in DTD CA and they were running a little low, only had 2x not 3 and since I'm pretty busty I figured I was out of luck but would try it on just to see if a little bigger would even be worth waiting for. Surprise surprise the 2x fit perfectly! I do think it's made for more of an hourglass figure. If you don't have the bust volume to fill it up, I could see how the waist would hang low.

Thanks for the info! The dress I’m looking at is actually the tightrope girl one with the little cape but I’ll have to be careful with the size (my other dresses are very roomy in the bust at XL so 1x would be too big).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter