The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

Ok, that dress is ADORABLE! I love how the Mickey and Minnies are kinda subtle. And the style looks flattering too. Not crazy about the black ribbon belt but could easily swap that out for something else (or preferably wear it without a belt). I might have to get this one!

Ok, that dress is ADORABLE! I love how the Mickey and Minnies are kinda subtle. And the style looks flattering too. Not crazy about the black ribbon belt but could easily swap that out for something else (or preferably wear it without a belt). I might have to get this one!

You'll definitely make the dress a stand out sensation! Hope to see photos! :hug:

What dress are you looking at purchasing? I posted a size chart for what I think was perfect for a specific dress. It did help the person who needed the info. I'm not sure about some of the newer dresses though.
Definitely the Tiki room. But I also love the Up dress, and maybe the Pirate one for Pirate night on our cruise. Maybe the Dole Whip... I can't pick, so I might get more than one.

Definitely the Tiki room. But I also love the Up dress, and maybe the Pirate one for Pirate night on our cruise. Maybe the Dole Whip... I can't pick, so I might get more than one.

Oh darn! When I posted the size chart I must have "Cut & Paste" instead of copy & paste. It is true to the Tiki room dress but I'm not sure of the others as I don't own them.

Who wanted the Cat Dooney & Bourke?

As of 8/05/19 they are still available at the Emporium in Magic Kingdom.

Me me me!!! I have been stalking Shop Disney as well. My birthday is in 3 weeks - I was told to go ahead and treat myself by my fiancé but still having a hard time committing at the price tag. I am in Canada, so its a bit extra even at the already large list price! Ha Ha.

Me me me!!! I have been stalking Shop Disney as well. My birthday is in 3 weeks - I was told to go ahead and treat myself by my fiancé but still having a hard time committing at the price tag. I am in Canada, so its a bit extra even at the already large list price! Ha Ha.

I'm in Michigan. I plan on going to Universal / WDW Aug 27-Sept 4, if you want that bag I'll do what I can to secure it for you at no additional cost. I also recommend you take a look at the August 2019 thread, there are a lot of amazing people there and I'm sure they would help you out. Some are posting daily reports. ;) If I were in your shoes, this is how I'd go about getting it. Here's the link:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-official-august-2019-thread.3697627/

Some of the merchandise that was supposed to be exclusive to the DL Haunted Mansion anniversary parties later this week is actually out in WDW today. Does anyone know if the dress is at the Dress Shop yet? So far we've only seen the sketch.

I am so envious of you all! Everyone looks amazing in their Dress Shop purchases. I have purchased and returned several of them because they all fit strangely on me (as in top is too snug and bottom is voluminous). However, I love that Mickey/Minnie floral dress. We'll be in Disneyland this month so I might have to see if they have it there.

I also love the Beauty and the Beast themed D&B bags. I recently treated myself to the Small World satchel so I'm not sure if I can justify another D&B purchase.

I don't understand why they went with a black belt. There isn't even any black in the dress. The pink/coral color of the band at the bottom would have been a better option.

Some of the merchandise that was supposed to be exclusive to the DL Haunted Mansion anniversary parties later this week is actually out in WDW today. Does anyone know if the dress is at the Dress Shop yet? So far we've only seen the sketch.
Some of that new stuff isn't specifically for the 50th. If it doesn't have the 50th Logo it's regular stock and both coasts are stocking the shelves with new merchandise. ;) I'll ask the August Thread about the dress!

they all fit strangely on me (as in top is too snug and bottom is voluminous).
I think if the top is too snug you need a larger size and the voluminousness on the bottom is the style of these dresses. I think it maybe a style you're just not used to but they were very popular in the 50's & 60"s.

I don't understand why they went with a black belt. There isn't even any black in the dress. The pink/coral color of the band at the bottom would have been a better option.

I think the black makes it pop!

I think if the top is too snug you need a larger size and the voluminousness on the bottom is the style of these dresses. I think it maybe a style you're just not used to but they were very popular in the 50's & 60"s.

I own the blue and white Belle dress. I am apple-shaped and have lost over 100 lbs (pockets of loose skin and fat, despite all of my muscle building and cardio workouts), and my bottom is much smaller than my top. I wish they would sell more of these patterns as skirts alone. I don't want to spend the extra money to have a seamstress separate the top from the bottom and create a skirt.

I own the blue and white Belle dress. I am apple-shaped and have lost over 100 lbs (pockets of loose skin and fat, despite all of my muscle building and cardio workouts), and my bottom is much smaller than my top. I wish they would sell more of these patterns as skirts alone. I don't want to spend the extra money to have a seamstress separate the top from the bottom and create a skirt.

My girlfriend lost a lot of weight too and had the same issue with loose skin. She had an operation and they removed it. Yes she had a lot of stitches but she healed quite nicely and it made her feel so much better.

I actually bought a few of these dresses to turn into skirts when they were on super sale. Haven't done the work yet as I'm working on Halloween but ShopDisney has:

Mrs. Potts and Chip Dress $108.00 $48.60

Pineapple Swirl Dress $128.00 $57.60
Not sure how much your seamstress would charge but if you removed the top carefully then that should help lower the cost of making a skirt.

Going to be at WDW next weekend! I'll be keeping my eyes open for Cat Dooney, Haunted Mansion, and anything Little Mermaid for my friend (she said it's sold out, I didn't keep up with those bags well enough to know for sure). Also thinking I'll do the Vineland Outlet when I arrive...maybe. I'm probably staying with a friend so we'll see if it'll be easier to go to the outlet first or her place to dump my bag. Flying Spirit so I'll only have my little duffel, but that darn thing gets heavy! Haha. I got some new small packing cubes so I shove as much as possible in there. :rotfl:

Going to be at WDW next weekend! I'll be keeping my eyes open for Cat Dooney, Haunted Mansion, and anything Little Mermaid for my friend (she said it's sold out, I didn't keep up with those bags well enough to know for sure). Also thinking I'll do the Vineland Outlet when I arrive...maybe. I'm probably staying with a friend so we'll see if it'll be easier to go to the outlet first or her place to dump my bag. Flying Spirit so I'll only have my little duffel, but that darn thing gets heavy! Haha. I got some new small packing cubes so I shove as much as possible in there. :rotfl:
Have a great trip and happy hunting!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter