The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

For the poolside cabana rentals are they strict on the number of people? We have four adults and four kids and I believe they allow for six?

Does anyone know which towers have King beds? Or more specifically room numbers? My fiancé and I will be there for our honeymoon and would obviously want a king bed. Honestly...it would be nice to have a view but I could really care less as long as we have a king sized bed lol

I believe all towers have King size beds. The only things specific I have heard about the towers aside from different suites is the Fantasy Tower has some rooms with balconies and the Adventure Tower only has some standard rooms. You can call the Disneyland hotel front desk and request a King size bed, and I would assume more than likely you would get it. We placed a request for adjoining rooms and each room to have 2 queen beds. It is only a request and they do not have to meet it, but I would assume not many people are requesting King bed only rooms :)

Does anyone know which towers have King beds? Or more specifically room numbers?
Some friends had room 2048 in the Adventure tower, 2nd floor facing the pool.
The room was smaller than a typical room, a quarter of the usual floor space was a closet accessed from the hall.

Bathroom had a single sink, and the toilet and shower were separated by a door. The typical layout at DLH
has a door to the bathroom with 2 sinks and shower, then a second door to the toilet.
dlh_king_bath_web.jpg
The king bed is centered on the wall (to give an idea of overall room size)
dlh_king_web.jpg

If your budget allows, you might also consider the Fairy Tale Suite.
This is essentially a "Honeymoon Suite". Located adjacent to the concierge lounge (access is included).
Some VIP viewing (fireworks, WOC...) might also be included.

I haven't stayed at the DLH since I was a kid. Can someone tell me what the "view" options are if we book a standard view room? (as in, are their better/worse options or things we might want to request?)

Some friends had room 2048 in the Adventure tower, 2nd floor facing the pool.
The room was smaller than a typical room, a quarter of the usual floor space was a closet accessed from the hall.

Bathroom had a single sink, and the toilet and shower were separated by a door. The typical layout at DLH
has a door to the bathroom with 2 sinks and shower, then a second door to the toilet.
View attachment 157991
The king bed is centered on the wall (to give an idea of overall room size)
View attachment 157990

If your budget allows, you might also consider the Fairy Tale Suite.
This is essentially a "Honeymoon Suite". Located adjacent to the concierge lounge (access is included).
Some VIP viewing (fireworks, WOC...) might also be included.

Thanks Nonsuch....we've already booked the trip and do not have the budget for an $800 a night five night stay lol

When I was there in 2014 my father, my son and I stayed in the Frontier tower 9th floor 2 queen and a daybed. The bathroom had everything in one room with one sink and a little nook outside of where the actual beds are located. Apparently not the typical floor layout. We're not concerend with room size as it will only be the two of us and most of the day will be spent in the parks, just wanted a king bed :)

I haven't stayed at the DLH since I was a kid. Can someone tell me what the "view" options are if we book a standard view room? (as in, are their better/worse options or things we might want to request?)

As far as I am aware a Standard view will more than likely get you a lower floor with a view of the "city/parking lot". If you are able to get one of the Standard view rooms in the Adventure tower then you will either be facing the trees of DTD or the trees of the DLH pool. The next level up would be Deluxe Resort view. Those are supposed to be somewhat in the middle level of the towers that face the pool or from what I read the tops of the trees in for DTD in the Adventure tower, but if your in the Fronteir or Fantasy I would assume you could still get a "city/parking lot" view. Premium view rooms are on higher floors and same thing unobstructed pool view or I believe "theme park view" in Fronteir, or Fantasy. Adventure tower premium view would be unobstructed pool view or DTD view. I may be wrong, but that is what I gathered reading this entire thread. I have stayed at DLH once and booked a Premium view room and was put in the Fantasy Tower on the 11th floor facing the pool. I liked the view, but was hoping for DTD view in the Adventure tower.

Also from reading this thread I learned the first 2 numbers of your 4 digit room # indicate what floor you are on :)

Hello, thank you all for the great information. We are staying at DLH ( sounds silly but a dream of mine since I was a little girl) for spring dapper days to celebrate my sons 16th birthday. I was wondering if anyone knew how much it would be to upgrade to concierge level? Is it per a person or per a room? And what does it include? Thank you for your help

...I was wondering if anyone knew how much it would be to upgrade to concierge level? Is it per a person or per a room? And what does it include?
Upgrade price varies, but approximately $200/night. Charge is per room, regardless of the number of guests (5 max for a regular room). Primary benefit is access to the concierge lounge.

For standard rooms is there a preferred tower for folks? August will be our first stay ever at the DLH. I know they do not have to but wondering if I should ask to see if we can be in a particular tower?

Is there something I'm missing for rates? All of the info I've read says it should be $215-$300 a night, but all of the travel sites to book it are $650cdn and up.

I'm looking for one Saturday in December. Was thinking of splurging, but this is way too much.

Is there something I'm missing for rates? All of the info I've read says it should be $215-$300 a night, but all of the travel sites to book it are $650cdn and up.

I'm looking for one Saturday in December. Was thinking of splurging, but this is way too much.
Rates close to $250 offered for conventions (also Gay Days and Dapper Day) are the best available. Weekends in December will be expensive, some promotions might bring the rate down to $500.

Hi, me and my family are staying at the DLH June 12 -14 and I'm just wondering if anyone knows which tower we will end up in if we have booked a Premium View Room?

We booked a Premium view room last May at DLH and was put in the Fantasy tower facing the pool on the 11th floor. I asked when we checked in if they had anything available facing DTD and they didn't. If you have a preference you should call the front desk 1-2 weeks out and put a request in for whatever tower/view your wanting. That may help, but it is only a request, and not all requests can be granted.

Should we get turndown service each night? This is our fourth night and only received it last night. I have been tipping daily.

Also today I tipped and they only left us one set of towels. There are 3 of us in the room. They did send up more when I called.

Should I complain about the turndown service or is it not worth it?

This is our third time here and it seems like service has gone downhill.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Should we get turndown service each night? This is our fourth night and only received it last night. I have been tipping daily.

Also today I tipped and they only left us one set of towels. There are 3 of us in the room. They did send up more when I called.

Should I complain about the turndown service or is it not worth it?

This is our third time here and it seems like service has gone downhill.

Thanks!
We have not had turn-down service when staying at DHL or PPH.
When we have stayed at GCH we had turned-down service every night of the stay.

To me it's not an issue. The little candy on the pillow did spark enjoyment with the kids.

Great thread!! :sunny: We may add a few days at DL after our Phoenix, AZ trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter