The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

So far, no side effects. Arm has not started hurting as is the only complaint I have heard. Maybe because when I arrived back home went to Tractor Supply & PU 4- 20# bags of bird food plus 4 - 40 lbs of deer food. I feed the deers, not kill them. I have heard from some of my friends the 2nd shot did not make them sick. Two of my cousins felt bad for less than 12 hours on their second shot.

I get my 2nd shot on the 19th. About half of my staff have had both. The younger ones (under 40) had the most side effects after the second one. (headache, muscle soreness, fatigue), but they said it only lasted a day and nothing bad enough they wouldn't do it again.

I'll see. I'm a fair amount over 40, so I'm not too worried.

j

Oh Marty, bless your heart, I'm gonna be playing golf, napping outside, walking the Atlantic beach during the sunrise, touring lighthouses, and maybe seeing a rocket launch if I am lucky.

Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, and Disney Springs/Raglan Road HERE.I.COME! :cool1:

Bama Ed

PS - DW has requested that I post less ("but it's only a request") ......

Just added on a night to my April camping reservation at Gulf State Park. :cool1:

I have #16 on the lake (sort of across the street from where tiggerdad camps in #18) and it's the same site I was in last April. Back then I wasn't retired so I made my reservation before I left for 2021 (same week, same site) but in on a Sunday and out on a Saturday. Thinking at the time was that would give me a day at home on each weekend. But now I'm retired so EVERYDAY is a Saturday as far as I'm concerned. :rockband:

I was cruising the GSP reservation site this morning and saw the open Saturday right before my arrival so I called and added it on. It was the only day available immediately before/after my stay but I might keep checking to see if I can snag another day or two. That time of year is so perfect to be down there.

Retirement is rough, I tell ya.
IconCool_zpsusdsvwyx.gif

Bama Ed

@bama_ed Retirement is meant to be enjoyed, sounds like you are doing just that.

Still working on April plans. If racing goes as scheduled there are 3 events that month. I am not sure I will work all 3 weekends. We started looking at places to go. I saw Lake Gaston in NC, not too far away. But south in April usually means warmer temps to enjoy. Or it could end up being just a weekend with me and my lovely wife to Devils Backbone brewery and stay at their campground.

Melissa gets her second Pfizer on the 28th. I am on wait list, though we think I qualify for the states group 1c which is critical infrastructure employees.

We both got our 2nd Pfizer today. I'll let you know how it goes. My staff have been about half and half. Some said it knocked them on their butt. Others nothing. Some general aches and tired.

j

I've been "man sick" as DW says. Aches, soreness, sniffles, and just plain tired. I napped in the chair for a few hours and I feel better than when I got out of bed, but not great yet. I'm glad I don't have to be at work today, but I could've managed if made to.

I got 2nd Moderna end of January. I had more achy feeling with 1st shot than I did 2nd one.

I got 2nd Moderna end of January. I had more achy feeling with 1st shot than I did 2nd one.
Thank you for being a part of the great genetic modification experiment. I am going to wait and see what the long term issues are. The experimental Anthrax vaccine was enough for me...

It's in the high 30s, struggling to break 40. So might as well break out the smoker. Have a rack of baby back ribs and a whole chicken running through their paces. Glad to be out of the grip of winter for a minute.

I just wanted to take a moment to say how much I love our little DISboards camping community! It's been so awesome to see all these little meets popping up all over. While I can't make them all yet, one day hopefully I can. AMAZING group of people you all are! Special thanks to @2goofycampers for all you do to keep us straight and keep the boards organized!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!