The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Not surprised really on the Galactic Cruiser. While it sounded awesom, that stopped at the price.

Got the truck shocks wrapped up today. Rears were super easy. Can also see the timbren in the photos. so far I’ve liked the towing ride with he timbren. The unhitched ride is a little stiffer, but not horrible. Maybe with decent shocks it will be nicer.
IMG_6365.jpeg
IMG_6366.jpeg
I did ask if it was expected to always ride without a gap. The manufacturer said it depends on what’s in the bed and more normal on the DRW. Extra fuel, tools and the hitch is enough for it to rest on the lower stop.

@Sjm9911 Edit, reread that. Just did not look like my eternabond, if its an offbrand makes sense. Sometimes its best to get the work done when you know you can. I feel like that is exactly what I am juggling right now.

Tomorrow will likely be yard work and rest, Satruday we head to Hampton, VA for the day for DD's state gymnastics meet. She competes starting at 4pm, but we are going early to cheer on other teammates competing in the noon session.

Yea, last time I got eternabond it was old and I couldn't get the backing off it, so tried this one. Good reviews half the price. Same stuff underneath. Figure it will last 10 years or more. By then I will be in another camper.

Ok, so sugery on my meniscus went well. They found a sizable bone fragment that didn't show on any tests. So I guess it was good to have it done. Camper roof is mostly done, and I will be ready to camp on fathers day!
I had a meniscus repair done about the first of the year. It's not the most fun, but hopefully you manage well with PT.

Super proud step-papa moment here. This past weekend was DD's state level gymnastics competition, and the culmination of the season. For the second year she has been competing in Xcel Silver (equal to to Junior Olypics (JO) level 3). Biggest difference is Xcel doesnt travel as much as JO, and routines can be catered to gymnasts to show of skill level rather then the exact same routine for all level competitors. We already knew she was moving to Xcel Gold (equal to JO levels 4/5).

For her final Silver team competition Jessica brought it all to the table and showed her hard work paid off. She scored her highest in all 4 events this year and earned her entry into "club 38" which is a cumulative score of 38 or higher (requries a 9.5 score average!!) Her final placement was 5th on floor with a 9.525, 2nd on vault with a 9.6, 2nd on uneven bars with a 9.775, and 1st place tie on balence beam with a 9.6. And her all around score of 38.5 earned her 1st AA for her age group beating out 6 other gymnasts. We are so proud of her accomplishment and hard work. She LOVES this sport and we hope she takes that passion forward.

347135021_1451327999012274_287842427858166753_n.jpg

Earlier in the day we got her a shirt from the event that had the event logo and list of names on the back from her gym. We joked and said if you won all aorund, we would go back and get her a sweatshirt. Well she won! Soooo.

348441978_735832178279703_582811133359229005_n.jpg

@Sjm9911 You don't have to beat it. Celebrate your own achievements. That is great news on bearing weight and getting moving!! Next thing you know youll be running out for some wings and a beer...

I did figure out what migh have stuck the fork in truck batteries. I installed a lower cost dash camera with hardwire kit 2 years ago now in the truck, its worked great until this season. It has been giving me fits and doesnt seem to go into parking mode (low power use) anymore. I just happend to find a sale going on from Rove Dashcam, a US based company. So I picked up a Rove R3 to replace the old one. I already have a Rove R2-4k front only camera I used last year for the rental car trip to FL. It lives in DD car now. So I am planning to install that and start detailing the truck, get started on repacking the trailer wheel bearings, and generally making sure we are ready to go for July. Their hardwire kit not only has a better way to go into parking mode, but has a voltage cutoff selection where it will stop powering the camera if the batteries go under xx volts.

I will post more later but spent Saturday traveling to Yellowstone NP. It’s Wednesday and we are in Grand Tetons till Saturday for our drive back to SLC.

It’s amazing. Stayed 2 nights at Old Faithful Inn and have a kicking it while waiting for the Geyser. Saw all kinds of animals and baby animals.

View attachment 762741View attachment 762742View attachment 762743View attachment 762744View attachment 762745View attachment 762746
It's truly an amazing area.

I recommend the Signal Mountain of nachos at the Trapper Grill in GTNP

The lobster roll (along with clam cake with a bite out of it) at Aunt Carrie’s. Had Del’s frozen lemonade (another Rhode Island original) for dessert after that… back relaxing with the cornhole board and a walk around the campground in a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_8871.jpeg
    IMG_8871.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 4
Trip Report Yellowstone and Grand Tetons no RV. Sorry folks I can’t take the RV out west until we retire as I need at least three weeks off from work to do that.

We headed out on Saturday May 20. We had the first flight out of Atlanta to Salt Lake City. From here we picked up the rental car, a Kia Sorento, it was nicer than we expected. We stopped at REI to get a cooler and bear spray (yay for it also being the anniversary sale time of year) and then hit the grocery store for staples. We got to West Yellowstone around 5. Got gas and Subway sandwiches for dinner and finally into the park.

First up Madison Junction.
madison junction.JPEG

Next we hit Norris Geyser Basin. We were exhausted but saw Steamboat Geyser and then headed to the hotel. We were staying at a cabin in the Canyon Village. It was quite nice, especially with parking right outside our cabin.

Sunday May 21, first thing was out to Lamar Valley for animal sightings. On the way we got passed by Bison and babies on the road. At Lamar, we saw a grizzly, lots of bison, pronghorns, a wolf (but it was hard to see with binoculars) and a coyote. After Lamar we hit Mammoth Springs. I liked the village, and I am glad we stopped at Mammoth but if we did a second trip I would skip and replace it with hiking. Next, we went to hike Bunson Peak. We did not make it all the way to the top because of snow. When we got back down more bison by the car.

baby bison.JPEG

bison 2.jpeg

Our final stop of the day was at the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone and to see the real Artist Point. It was fabulous, probably our favorite thing in Yellowstone. We actually went two more times after this.

sign ap.jpeg

artist point 2.jpeg

artist point 3.jpeg

artist point.JPEG

As bama ed would say...rolling to the next page

Monday May 22, as we left Canyon we stopped again at Artist Point. Then on to Lake Yellowstone, Fishing bridge, West Thumb and finally to Upper Geyser Basin. Tonight we are sleeping at Old Faithful Inn on the East Wing. We did a hotel tour that was really nice and then watched Old Faithful go off. Our room was not ready until well after check in time. We went to the bar for a drink while we waited. Finally, the room was ready. It left us with enough time to get the bags up and shower then head to dinner at the Dining Room at OFI. I am glad I went because the dining room is beautiful. The food was a buffet, overpriced, not a huge amount of choices, crowded and not very tasty.

OFI.jpeg

OFI lobby.jpeg

OFI Dining room.jpeg

Tuesday May 23, we started by watching old faithful with absolutely no crowds (they must have had tours in on Monday it was stupid crowded). Then we went to mid geyser basin and saw Grand Prasmatic Spring (probably our third highlight). I wanted to do it again in the afternoon but there was absolutely no parking. Glad we got there early this morning. Next was lower geyser basin and then back to OFI to park the car. We then hiked around Upper Geyser Basin. We saw Riverside Geyser go off and Castle Geyser go off. We walked to the black sand basin. It was a lovely time. Then it was dinner and we had the OFI dining room booked again but we canceled it. Instead we went to the Obsidian Dining room at the Snow Lodge. I recommend this place. All the food was good to very good. Favorite was probably the bison tartare.

grand prasmatic spring.JPEG

grand prasmatic spring2.JPEG

Rolling to the next post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter