The DIS Dad's Club V - Man's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm home with baby Girl today while she puts on enough weight to go to the sitter. (one more week or so for then).

in the meantime, i've gotten into 2 book series. Fabelhaven:thumbsup2 and Kingdom Keepers:confused3. I'm bringing up the kingdom keepers because, well, it's Disney. I'm about 100 pages into the 2nd book, and hoping someone has read it and it gets better. Right now, i'm kind of bored. How bored? I folded laundry today. :scared1:

Also, I watched the Infomercial on Disney Vacation Club. Man, Disney's commercials make me want to buy DVC. Sure, it's their job, but as soon as I have an extra $20 grand laying around, it's all mine.

Also, I watched the Infomercial on Disney Vacation Club. Man, Disney's commercials make me want to buy DVC. Sure, it's their job, but as soon as I have an extra $20 grand laying around, it's all mine.

Every person I've talked to says that it's totally worth it, but only if you pay for it all up front. We plan on saving up and doing DVC when the kids are out of the house.

Remember when I told you I passed a Churk Norris sign on my way to work on Saturday? There was a story on the news tonight about people stealing his signs. Are these people NUTS??? This is Chuck Norris we are talking about here!

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/politics/norwich-chuck-norris-probate-judge

Chuck Norris running for probate judge
Updated: Wednesday, 22 Sep 2010, 4:47 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 22 Sep 2010, 4:47 PM EDT

Norwich, Conn. (WTNH) - A Norwich man named Chuck Norris is running for probate judge, but it seems name recognition may not be such a good thing.

Norris says about 150 of his political signs have been swiped.

"At first it was hurting my feeling because I thought somebody was out to get me," he said.

But when he jumped on the Internet he found that he's acquired somewhat of a cult following and his signs are appearing on several web sites.

"From a financial perspective it's not helping, publicity wise it's obviously it's a help. I just decided I'm going to embrace it," Norris said.

Other than the name there are few similarities between this 45 year old Norwich attorney and father of two and the martial arts star. However this Chuck Norris is a Republican and he's heard this Chuck Norris has supported some GOP candidates.

"I tried to get a hold of him, maybe he'll come out and see me. I haven't heard from him yet," Norris said.

In the meantime he is trying to replace some of the stolen signs and hoping for local support.

I guess I am part of this group. I just got back from Disney on Sunday. I been having the Disney Depression. I am so ready to go back. I miss everything about Disney. :sad1:

Ok, I can handle the robe, beer and flip flops.... but when I saw the part about the IU hat :eek::scared1::eek::scared1::eek::scared1::eek:

Sorry, but I couldn't resist... Purdue grad here. ;)

AFWDWFAN,

It is true, I root for the Cream and Crimson, but really a Black and Gold too (as in DePauw!). I will be going to the Oaken Bucket this year as a guest of Disney Moms Panel member Kay, who is a both a Purdue fan, but also a well known patron. The Volleyball Court/Wrestling Arena next to Mackey is Belin Court, as in Kay and Ron Belin. She is awesome!

If you are going to the game, let me know! We can have a mini Dis-meet!

Hey Dads!!!

Welcome back Fed:banana::banana::banana: I am sure your little boy is excited to see Daddy!!!:thumbsup2

Been a rough week here...sorry to be a downer...just needed to unload for a minute and then go back to being the strong one again....Wife went to doc on Tuesday and got her Biopsy results of her Thyroid..well..it was cancerous...so surgery is scheduled for next Friday. She is worried of course ....I know exactly how she feels...because believe it or not 16 years ago I had Thyroid cancer myself...mine was Medullary kind and hers is Follicular. Say a little prayer that it is all self contained and that no further treatment after surgery will even be necessary. I have tried to tell her to think of happier things and the upcoming trip in December....Until the surgery is over there will be no feeling of safety for her. I managed to get a few days off to have a long weekend so I can be Mr Mom while she is recovering...Just remember us in your prayers and don't forget about me if I am not on here much for a bit...I am still around...just lurking a bit while other things settle out here

Been a rough week here...sorry to be a downer...just needed to unload for a minute and then go back to being the strong one again....Wife went to doc on Tuesday and got her Biopsy results of her Thyroid..well..it was cancerous...so surgery is scheduled for next Friday. She is worried of course ....I know exactly how she feels...because believe it or not 16 years ago I had Thyroid cancer myself...mine was Medullary kind and hers is Follicular. Say a little prayer that it is all self contained and that no further treatment after surgery will even be necessary. I have tried to tell her to think of happier things and the upcoming trip in December....Until the surgery is over there will be no feeling of safety for her. I managed to get a few days off to have a long weekend so I can be Mr Mom while she is recovering...Just remember us in your prayers and don't forget about me if I am not on here much for a bit...I am still around...just lurking a bit while other things settle out here

Just wanted to say, "Hang in there" and I'm hoping for the best.

My name is Rick and my Wife had been posting on this board for a few years. Joni passed away from cancer July 17th. She was 33 years old and we had just celebrated our 11th Anniversary. We have two children, ages 6 and 4 and we have a trip planned January 16-23, 2011.

We have gone the last four Januarys as a family. This year will be our first as DVC members. My Wife had in her "final wishes" that I purchase a DVC Membership for the children because "Disney was always our special place" and that the children would then "always have Disney" even without Mommy being there.

She was a special woman. She was the definition of someone who fought like hell. She was my best friend and I miss her more than words can describe. Other than each other (and our children), our one love was Disney. We celebrated our 10th Anniversary there as well.

So there is a little back story about me, sorry to bring things "down" a bit. I hope to have a good time on here with all. Take care!;)

DW backs the Minivan into a post this weekend and puts some nice scratches on our right rear panel...sure I'm not happy...but I'm not mad either accidents happen.

So she drops it off at the shop for repair/paint...it's going to cost us $250 deductable on our insurance...still I'm not mad...not happy either.

I really didn't/haven't say/said anything through the whole deal. So last night she says...uh-oh...I left your TomTom in the van when I dropped it off...you think it will be allright? Then I say..."I guess it will have to be."

Somehow that sets her off into a rant about how I haven't told her how it's OK that this happened...blah blah blah...somehow now I'm the one in trouble??? :sad2: I must be one of those insensitive jerks you read about.

So I understand what you are talking about.

I can totally relate. One time, a few years ago, my wife leaves the slop sink running in our laundry room which is also in our basement. She was rinsing out some clothes that she does not put in the washing machine. I'm in our living room watching TV and I hear her scream. I run downstairs and there is an inch of water on the floor which has seeped into our then-carpeted home office(now it is tiled) which is right next to the laundry room. I turn off the water, grab my shop-vac and start sucking up water. My wife is crying and screaming and carrying on hysterically. She starts yelling at me for distracting her while she had the sink running (which I had no idea was running or how I even distracted her). So it is now my fault that she forgot to turn off the sink and flooded the laundry room and office. To top it all, it is snowing outside, so I have to go outside in the snow to empty the shop-vac. After being yelled at for about 10 minutes, I finally snap and tell her to be quiet and help me clean this up, we can argue about it later. A few hours later, after it was all cleaned up, she apologized. A few days later, I ripped up the carpet which stunk and threw it out. To this day, it has not been mentioned by either of us except when I re-did the office and had porcelain tile installed. The contractor asked why I wanted porcelain tile and I told him just in case we got water down here. My wife never said a word.

Like most husbands, we have all been there.

ClearScreen

Hey Dads!!!

Welcome back Fed:banana::banana::banana: I am sure your little boy is excited to see Daddy!!!:thumbsup2

We're praying for you guys.

LOL That is great! Why is she mad? :confused3

Maybe 2 reasons. One, the volume got set really LOUD. Second, I set that sound for everything - log on, log off, new e-mail, stand-by, wireless signal, etc. She doesn't know how to change it and I'm not telling her.

Soooo...do you own this shirt??? I almost got it a few weeks ago.

Yeah, there are a few designs I've checked out. I'll probably buy one, but haven't decided if I should do this or a Dis Dad's t-shirt.

So it is now my fault that she forgot to turn off the sink and flooded the laundry room and office.

Acceptance is the 1st step. I just apologize routinely.

Steve-
I'm so sorry to hear this news. Hopefully it is contained and there is no spreading. I will be thinking and praying for you guys.

Hey Dads!!!

Steve , will be keeping you and Shari in my prayers, I hope everything is taken' care of the 1st time around, and she recovers quickly:goodvibes

Hey Dads!!!

Steve I pray all goes well, we are all here when you need us.

Remember when I told you I passed a Churk Norris sign on my way to work on Saturday? There was a story on the news tonight about people stealing his signs. Are these people NUTS??? This is Chuck Norris we are talking about here!

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/politics/norwich-chuck-norris-probate-judge

Chuck Norris running for probate judge
Updated: Wednesday, 22 Sep 2010, 4:47 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 22 Sep 2010, 4:47 PM EDT

Norwich, Conn. (WTNH) - A Norwich man named Chuck Norris is running for probate judge, but it seems name recognition may not be such a good thing.

Norris says about 150 of his political signs have been swiped.

"At first it was hurting my feeling because I thought somebody was out to get me," he said.

But when he jumped on the Internet he found that he's acquired somewhat of a cult following and his signs are appearing on several web sites.

"From a financial perspective it's not helping, publicity wise it's obviously it's a help. I just decided I'm going to embrace it," Norris said.

Other than the name there are few similarities between this 45 year old Norwich attorney and father of two and the martial arts star. However this Chuck Norris is a Republican and he's heard this Chuck Norris has supported some GOP candidates.

"I tried to get a hold of him, maybe he'll come out and see me. I haven't heard from him yet," Norris said.

In the meantime he is trying to replace some of the stolen signs and hoping for local support.

Now this is funny:lmao: Since he may win on name alone, can he play the part:confused3 Just by the name he would be a feared judge, if he takes a tough stance on offenders, it could be good for everyone (except offenders:lmao:)

If Chuck Norris supports Chuck Norris the TV ad could be one of the funniest campain ads going:confused3:lmao:

(Edited) Not appropriate for family forum...
Don't cha just hate it when the little angel on your shoulder throws a beat down on the devil on the other. That winged little Nancy boy has ruined so many classic posts for me.

I guess I am part of this group. I just got back from Disney on Sunday. I been having the Disney Depression. I am so ready to go back. I miss everything about Disney. :sad1:

:welcome:

Hey Dads!!!

Steve, hope all goes well, sorry she has to go through this. Keeping Shari as well as you and the kids in my prayers tonight.:grouphug:

Just wanted to say, "Hang in there" and I'm hoping for the best.

My name is Rick and my Wife had been posting on this board for a few years. Joni passed away from cancer July 17th. She was 33 years old and we had just celebrated our 11th Anniversary. We have two children, ages 6 and 4 and we have a trip planned January 16-23, 2011.

We have gone the last four Januarys as a family. This year will be our first as DVC members. My Wife had in her "final wishes" that I purchase a DVC Membership for the children because "Disney was always our special place" and that the children would then "always have Disney" even without Mommy being there.

She was a special woman. She was the definition of someone who fought like hell. She was my best friend and I miss her more than words can describe. Other than each other (and our children), our one love was Disney. We celebrated our 10th Anniversary there as well.

So there is a little back story about me, sorry to bring things "down" a bit. I hope to have a good time on here with all. Take care!;)

Rick, sorry for your loss, I really hope you stick around. We've got a great bunch of guys here and if you want to keep Disney a part of your family your in the right place.:welcome:

Now this is funny:lmao: Since he may win on name alone, can he play the part:confused3 Just by the name he would be a feared judge, if he takes a tough stance on offenders, it could be good for everyone (except offenders:lmao:)

If Chuck Norris supports Chuck Norris the TV ad could be one of the funniest campain ads going:confused3:lmao:

yes.. this is tooo funny!!!!

Been a rough week here...sorry to be a downer...just needed to unload for a minute and then go back to being the strong one again....Wife went to doc on Tuesday and got her Biopsy results of her Thyroid..well..it was cancerous...so surgery is scheduled for next Friday.

I know you've been busy, but in case you missed it, we do have a recent man law... no need to apologize for sharing bad news or being a downer. That's part of why we're all here. Keeping you and your family in our prayers.

AFWDWFAN,

It is true, I root for the Cream and Crimson, but really a Black and Gold too (as in DePauw!). I will be going to the Oaken Bucket this year as a guest of Disney Moms Panel member Kay, who is a both a Purdue fan, but also a well known patron. The Volleyball Court/Wrestling Arena next to Mackey is Belin Court, as in Kay and Ron Belin. She is awesome!

If you are going to the game, let me know! We can have a mini Dis-meet!

Wow, sounds like you have some great connections at Purdue. I'll have to see how things go between now and then. This is the first year since I graduated that I don't have season tickets. It seems like this is the year for fall weddings or something. I was going to miss so many games I couldn't justify spending the money this year. One of the guys I usually get tickets with has a spare for Wisconsin, so that is my only confirmed game so far. I'm hoping to go to the Minnesota, Michigan and IU games as well if it works out so there's a good chance we could see each other. We always tailgate at the top of Slayter (fried turkey for the Bucket game), but I'm sure you'll be over near Mackey. It would be an honor to meet a DIS Dad and an expert on all things Disney.

Edit: Almost forgot, Welcome to the new Dads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter