The DIS Dad's Club V - Man's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helloooo Boys..I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacckkk:lmao::lmao:

Trying to get caught up, will catch up on what I missed later...:cool1:

Been a whirlwind few days, and naturally it'll take a good bit to really settle in:happytv:

Thanks for all the well wishes...

Droppin' in to say wwwaaassssuuuupppp:rotfl2:

Been a whirlwind few days, and naturally it'll take a good bit to really settle in:happytv:

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Welcome back!!

So, I downloaded the monorail.wav from http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/sounds.html and changed my sounds. So, everytime the computer logs on or off, you hear (really loud), "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas." I changed the sounds on ALL the computers, including DW's work laptop. She is :mad:

Soooo...do you own this shirt??? I almost got it a few weeks ago.

PorFavor.jpg

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Actually... 2 days... 1 at BG, the other at Adventure Island. Then a day or two at a Clearwater beach. At least that's the current plan anyway.

Well if you must spend 2 days there...plus time on a beach (for a guy who lives in Va Beach)...I can't help you. :confused3

:lmao::lmao:
Also, i chaperoned a field trip Apple Picking yesterday. I took the new Mustang on some 2-lane highways. it was :woohoo:. The "old" top speed (for me) in my new car was 89. New top speed: 93.:thumbsup2 It's important to note that the car was fine to go faster, i was not.

If the car wants to go faster but you don't I'd be more than happy to help remedy the situation. ;)

My old pickup truck is governed at 105 and once in a while when I'm feeling the need for speed I like to make the engine cut out going down some back country roads:rolleyes1. I don't know how fast I can go in my 2008 Silverado yet, I think I've had it up to about 90. I just love going fast, maybe I should be a racecar driver when I grow up. :rotfl2:

Well if you must spend 2 days there...plus time on a beach (for a guy who lives in Va Beach)...I can't help you. :confused3

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I was arguing the SAME point to my DW! But I have come to realize that with a woman you cannot argue sane points :rolleyes1

If the car wants to go faster but you don't I'd be more than happy to help remedy the situation. ;)

My old pickup truck is governed at 105 and once in a while when I'm feeling the need for speed I like to make the engine cut out going down some back country roads:rolleyes1. I don't know how fast I can go in my 2008 Silverado yet, I think I've had it up to about 90. I just love going fast, maybe I should be a racecar driver when I grow up. :rotfl2:
My Ford E250 cargo van is governed at 94... just throwing that out there.. :rolleyes1

Waaassuppp Homey!

WELCOME HOME!!!! :yay::yay::yay: :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: :yay::yay::yay:

Was this it? Are you home for good or is there a chance you will have to go back for some reason?

OWNAGE 163!!!!!!!!!! :)

...But I have come to realize that with a woman you cannot argue sane points :rolleyes1

DW backs the Minivan into a post this weekend and puts some nice scratches on our right rear panel...sure I'm not happy...but I'm not mad either accidents happen.

So she drops it off at the shop for repair/paint...it's going to cost us $250 deductable on our insurance...still I'm not mad...not happy either.

I really didn't/haven't say/said anything through the whole deal. So last night she says...uh-oh...I left your TomTom in the van when I dropped it off...you think it will be allright? Then I say..."I guess it will have to be."

Somehow that sets her off into a rant about how I haven't told her how it's OK that this happened...blah blah blah...somehow now I'm the one in trouble??? :sad2: I must be one of those insensitive jerks you read about.

So I understand what you are talking about.

:lmao::lmao:

Next: only 96 days till WDW! I graduated high school in '96.

Also, i chaperoned a field trip Apple Picking yesterday. I took the new Mustang on some 2-lane highways. it was :woohoo:. The "old" top speed (for me) in my new car was 89. New top speed: 93.:thumbsup2 It's important to note that the car was fine to go faster, i was not.
The fastest I've ever been on surface streets was about 135. A friend of mine was a mechanic at a race shop and someone had paid him to make a sleeper (if you can) from a Lancer Evolution 8. Huge nitrous tank: Check! New head and pistons: Check! MASSIVE new turbo: Check! New huge intercooler: Check! Nitrous fogger to cool the new intercooler: Check!

We, uh... took it out for a test drive. He punched it at a stop light and the car slid sideways. All 4 tires were just spinning and once it caught we were off like a shot. It took me almost 2 weeks to quit smiling. Before that my fastest was about 125 in an '81 RX7 that my friend of mine and I rebuilt for him when I was in high school. He had the money and I had the expertise and tools. Ahh - great times...
Passed and approved... page 1 updated :thumbsup2
Woohoo!

As the Navy would say about the top cruising speed for an aircraft carrier (in excess of 30 knots)... my top speed is considerably in excess of the maximum speed limit. Love my stage 2 Subaru Impreza WRX... and yes, I know I will draw ire from the American muscle lovers here. But my 300HP comes at a much more affordable price! :lmao:
A good friend of mine had one of those. Actually his wasn't a WRX but when he was done with it he was turning pretty quick 1/4 miles out of it. I don't have anything in the last year or so of his life, but the last image of his times on the track was 14.733 @ 91.54. That was before his new turbo and intercooler. If I remember right, he was down in the 12's before he passed.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I was arguing the SAME point to my DW! But I have come to realize that with a woman you cannot argue sane points :rolleyes1

Oh come on... if you get there at RD (or whatever they call it at Busch Gardens) you can hit the majority of it by noon. Last time we went we got there bright and early with a plan of hitting the coasters first thing. We rode them ALL in about 45 minutes and walked right on all but the last of them and had our pick of seats. This was during the spring break time of year too. Get the busy stuff first, see the shows, hit the other attractions and do the BG and the beach all in a day! ;)

:rolleyes1Good luck convincing your wife:rolleyes1

The fastest I've ever been on surface streets was about 135.

I was a passenger in a 70 280Z going 126 on a dirt road. I made a comment about being glad he put in 5 point harnesses and he replied they didn't matter much for me because the racing seats didn't fit right so mine only had one bolt holding it in.:scared1:

Looking back, I really hope my son grows up with more brains than I did.

DW backs the Minivan into a post this weekend and puts some nice scratches on our right rear panel...sure I'm not happy...but I'm not mad either accidents happen.

So she drops it off at the shop for repair/paint...it's going to cost us $250 deductable on our insurance...still I'm not mad...not happy either.

I really didn't/haven't say/said anything through the whole deal. So last night she says...uh-oh...I left your TomTom in the van when I dropped it off...you think it will be allright? Then I say..."I guess it will have to be."

Somehow that sets her off into a rant about how I haven't told her how it's OK that this happened...blah blah blah...somehow now I'm the one in trouble??? :sad2: I must be one of those insensitive jerks you read about.

So I understand what you are talking about.

:confused3 Yeah... you're such a jerk, Nate! You should have bought her flowers and did a dance when you wrote the check to the insurance company. :flower2::flower2::flower3::flower2::flower2:

The fastest I've ever been on surface streets was about 135. A friend of mine was a mechanic at a race shop and someone had paid him to make a sleeper (if you can) from a Lancer Evolution 8. Huge nitrous tank: Check! New head and pistons: Check! MASSIVE new turbo: Check! New huge intercooler: Check! Nitrous fogger to cool the new intercooler: Check!

We, uh... took it out for a test drive. He punched it at a stop light and the car slid sideways. All 4 tires were just spinning and once it caught we were off like a shot. It took me almost 2 weeks to quit smiling. Before that my fastest was about 125 in an '81 RX7 that my friend of mine and I rebuilt for him when I was in high school. He had the money and I had the expertise and tools. Ahh - great times...

Very nice! This is one area of life where money does make a difference :lmao:

A good friend of mine had one of those. Actually his wasn't a WRX but when he was done with it he was turning pretty quick 1/4 miles out of it. I don't have anything in the last year or so of his life, but the last image of his times on the track was 14.733 @ 91.54. That was before his new turbo and intercooler. If I remember right, he was down in the 12's before he passed.

Haven't taken mine to the track, but I gets up and goes. I'm limited by the transmission in this car... it's known affectionately as the "glass tranny". I've had to replace a few gears in it already :rolleyes1

Oh come on... if you get there at RD (or whatever they call it at Busch Gardens) you can hit the majority of it by noon. Last time we went we got there bright and early with a plan of hitting the coasters first thing. We rode them ALL in about 45 minutes and walked right on all but the last of them and had our pick of seats. This was during the spring break time of year too. Get the busy stuff first, see the shows, hit the other attractions and do the BG and the beach all in a day! ;)

:rolleyes1Good luck convincing your wife:rolleyes1

Thanks for the 411. Need to keep this in the "research" folder. And I completely agree.

I was a passenger in a 70 280Z going 126 on a dirt road. I made a comment about being glad he put in 5 point harnesses and he replied they didn't matter much for me because the racing seats didn't fit right so mine only had one bolt holding it in.:scared1:

Looking back, I really hope my son grows up with more brains than I did.

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: Wow. That was great of him :thumbsup2

Welcome! We, uh... huh. Hmm... So, uh... Does that make you a Dom? Or a Mad? How does that work?

I don't know for sure, but I do seem to have a lot more pink stuff in my life now. They actually sent me a robe from the Cinderella Suite in the Magic Kingdom for Mother's Day. I looked pretty good, standing in the driveway in my robe, holding a beer, in flip-flops and an IU hat to cover my bed-head, screaming at the kids to get off my lawn.

Dad would have been proud.

I don't know for sure, but I do seem to have a lot more pink stuff in my life now. They actually sent me a robe from the Cinderella Suite in the Magic Kingdom for Mother's Day. I looked pretty good, standing in the driveway in my robe, holding a beer, in flip-flops and an IU hat to cover my bed-head, screaming at the kids to get off my lawn.

Ok, I can handle the robe, beer and flip flops.... but when I saw the part about the IU hat :eek::scared1::eek::scared1::eek::scared1::eek:

Sorry, but I couldn't resist... Purdue grad here. ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2:You really need to pick up a pair of bunny slippers!

:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I have to admit... seeing your signature brings a smile to my face. All those HUGE accomplishments... and then the last one :thumbsup2 Priceless :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter