The Dis Dad's Club II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were talking earlier about rinks on my river, so heres a pic.

IMG_1685.jpg

I have a buddy here in Detroit who has a used Zamboni for sale. Formerly used at the Joe.

:rotfl::rotfl:

I have and it's good stuff too. I grew up about 40 miles from the brewery and used to play some semi-pro/men's league baseball (nothing as formalized as it is now) during the summers home from college in the area. If we timed it right, after playing a double header in 90 degree temps with 1000% humidity (no typo, I swear it was that high) we would hit this bar about 6 blocks from the brewery. The bar was an old, remodeled house and they kept the kegs in the basement. Again, if we timed it right, the brewery would make their keg deliveries late on a Saturday afternoon. If we helped them haul the kegs into the basement they let us drink free for the rest of the afternoon. :drinking1 The kegs would have a line coming out of them in the basement. It would come through the floor, coil through a huge stainless steel tub of ice and come out of the spicket at about 32.1 degrees. It was perfect! I'm getting misty just thinking about it again. :lmao:

I can't bring myself to finance DVC points, I want to pay cash and be done with it. We were ready to buy, but now we decided to finish our basement so I think DVC is on the back burner for a few months.
I think it was a good decision to do the basement because I got some pretty good news today. I often enter the sweepstakes to Orlando or WDW that mousesavers organizes on their site. I entered the Dollar Suave Ultimate Family Sweepstakes and today FedEx arrived with a letter stating I was a First Prize Winner. (Not Grand Prize Winner) I won a 52” Sharp Aquos LCD TV, a Bose home entertainment system, a Shard Aquos Blue Ray DVD player, a $250.00 gift card to Blockbuster Video, and a Cuisinart Popcorn maker.
The downside is I would have to pay Taxes on $5,000.00 but if I am finishing my basement I have the “Man Room” looking good.:woohoo::woohoo:

Dude! That's a nice score :thumbsup2 Maybe you could consider donating that equipment for the DIS Dad's Bus??? popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Chill: Congrats! I think we need pictures posted once your Man Cave is put together! :thumbsup2

Zerfs: What's up with our Flyers? Like me in high school, they are completely unable to score. :confused3

Daddy-o: The homemade rink looks great! Sounds like fun.

MiJo: My wife is originally from your area. She grew up in East Stroudsburg.

Chill: Congrats! I think we need pictures posted once your Man Cave is put together! :thumbsup2

Zerfs: What's up with our Flyers? Like me in high school, they are completely unable to score. :confused3

Daddy-o: The homemade rink looks great! Sounds like fun.

MiJo: My wife is originally from your area. She grew up in East Stroudsburg.

I graduated from East Stroudsburg University. Nice area but I was only there for a year and a half. I transfered to ESU from Penn State.

MIJO - I agree we should do a dis-dads club meet. There seems to be a lot of us in the northeast area. Maybe we should all take a nice long weekend and go south to Georgia. I here the fishing is good and one of our Dads just relocated to there.

Welcome back Fed!!!

MIJO!! rt33!:lmao::lmao: thank god for the pot holes or you would get no traction at all!!! the 15 pendot guys were out earlier this week squirting tar in the cracks. that will give the snow plow something to dig up.maybe they will push it in some of the holes.:lmao: like the sign on instate 81 at the masion dixon line, welcome to pa. the home of the pot hole!!! fast eddy rendel is looking into it, as soon as football seasons over.:lmao:

wow, look at all that snow.:eek: my back hurts just looking at it! how long does it take to freeze the river that hard were you can skate on it?

Between my wife and I we try and keep it clean. Usually by the 1st or 2nd week in Jan it freezes up pretty good, stays that way to the 3rd week of March.

Wow you can even wear short sleeves in Canada!

You can't see them but shorts too!:lmao:

That's a river?!?! Looks like our Route 33 in February!

Funny you said that because once it freezes, trucks, snowmobiles and 4 wheelers drive by all time. So it feels like a highway at that point.

Here is the link to the page.

I am the only man in the house, I have my wife, daughter and MIL living here. Unfortunately Man law gets over run a lot here. The basement is supposed to be my sports den but I am sure they will be down there watching, The Hills, wedding shows,and makeovers. Ughhh.:sad2::sad2:

Exact opposite in our house, lots of testostorone but somehow that "Say yes to the dress" show ends up on our tv:confused3

That's really cool. I think the neighborhood should chip in and go buy a Zamboni.
That is the official vehicle of Canada, isn't it? :rotfl2:

Yes...yes it is.:rotfl2:

I have a buddy here in Detroit who has a used Zamboni for sale. Formerly used at the Joe.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Unfortunately, something used at the Joe wouldn't be allowed across the border. :rotfl2:Plus I would probably lose my "Leafs Fan Card" if I do that. (not that it's worth much these days....so sad):sad2:

I had mentioned on Tim's (that's nice) TR about not liking or understanding the Dinoland area in AK and he dug up a thread that I thought was pretty interesting.

Check it out. Thanks Tim:thumbsup2

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=21289740#post21289740

Also a link to a new tilt shift video. This one is of Epcot
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...pcot-exclusive-disney-parks-tilt-shift-video/

If you missed the first one of MK, here it is, enjoy.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/10/a-model-day-at-the-park/

I had mentioned on Tim's (that's nice) TR about not liking or understanding the Dinoland area in AK and he dug up a thread that I thought was pretty interesting.

Check it out. Thanks Tim:thumbsup2

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=21289740#post21289740

No problem- At least it gives you the story of DinoLand and why it is there. It is supposed to be cheezy.

DIS DADS CLUB Poll---- WHO LIKES PRIMEVAL WHIRL??? I rode it for the first time in March and I hated it. I couldn't believe I wasted my time waiting to get on this ride. Maybe kids like it because they feel like they are on a rolloercoaster or something? :confused3:confused3 So what are your thoughts about it????

No problem- At least it gives you the story of DinoLand and why it is there. It is supposed to be cheezy.

DIS DADS CLUB Poll---- WHO LIKES PRIMEVAL WHIRL??? I rode it for the first time in March and I hated it. I couldn't believe I wasted my time waiting to get on this ride. Maybe kids like it because they feel like they are on a rolloercoaster or something? :confused3:confused3 So what are your thoughts about it????

You already know my feelings about it, but lets get this poll going.

I vote thumbs down (why is there no thumbs down Smilies):confused3

Two thumbs down... and my TR can back up my opinion on that....
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32419216&postcount=105

yes, but its only 45 degrees. even the pike is shivering

I thought that exact same thing...:lmao::lmao: It's a Canadian HEAT WAVE:rotfl2::rotfl2:

...says the guy who's freezing now that it's 50 outside--long way from 120:scared1:

The bass in South Georgia/North/Central Florida now officially have lockjaw:mad:

what is everone doing for there dw for christmas??? im at a loss this year. i did the disney store on line thing already. managed to find about 6 things, no big deal. monday im going to cabelas to get a french fry cutter.(dont ask):lmao: i would go today but obama is in allentown (the town next to me) which i would have to go thru to get to cabelas and im sure they have the place shut down. dont want jewlery, buys what she wants thru the year. i got two pic frames that i put our 25th anv. trip to wdw in so she (i) can hang on the wall. heck, i even got her new tires for her car so thats out!:lmao: any ideas?????????????//:idea:

I've actually never ridden it. But last time we were there, we skipped Dinoland in general. I understand the story behind it (thanks for posting, btw) but that doesn't mean I want to experience "cheesy" on my WDW vacation!

So I guess you could take the fact that I intentionally skipped it as a thumbs-down vote.

what is everone doing for there dw for christmas???

My wife is one of those bargain-hunters who finds a deal on something she wants on craigslist, buys it and then says, "Here, you can give this to me for Christmas." Makes my job easy! :lmao:

I got her a bracelet and a cookbook that covers favorite recipes from all over WDW when we were there last month. She's a scrapbooker, so she got some scrapbooking stuff for me to give her, too.

My wife is one of those bargain-hunters who finds a deal on something she wants on craigslist, buys it and then says, "Here, you can give this to me for Christmas." Makes my job easy! :lmao:

I got her a bracelet and a cookbook that covers favorite recipes from all over WDW when we were there last month. She's a scrapbooker, so she got some scrapbooking stuff for me to give her, too.

:thumbsup2 Hey! I thought only MY wife did that! :rotfl2: it does make it a lot easier!

LOL I read your TR and your take on PW about sums it up! :lmao::lmao:

Oh yeah... I was NOT happy that day! :mad: I didn't know that story behind it... yet amazingly, knowing it now has not swayed me to enter that area again. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter