~The Daily Grind~ 9/30/09

AWM, I hope Little Bit gets to feeling better. :hug:

Holly, we went to Montana on vacation a year a half ago and it was awesome. It's absolutely gorgeous. We're going again this summer we loved it so much. I could definitely handle the summer and maybe a bit of fall, but no way on their winters. We were there in June and there was still lots of snow up in the mountains. I can't imagine the snow in the winter!!!:scared1:

So I love winter, but I hate the cold....

Snow is great.... when you're inside. Or when it's just falling, and not when it's 2 feet deep.

I could see myself doing a January-June in Florida, and then July-December up here. I would want to be up here for some snow and the foliage, and escape the heat down there, but then down there for the rest of winter, which is ugly, since the snow is all brown at that point, and spring... I'm not a big fan of spring.

In other news, I do indeed have whiplash. :headache:

So I took work off, I'm just going to go to class and then come home. I begged off the neck brace for now, and I'll see how I feel. If it gets worse, I'll get the brace. But right now it doesn't really hurt.

They didn't give me X-rays, my P.C. doctor didn't think it was necessary.

I just feel like curling up and going back to sleep, but I have to go read and go to class. Have a good day, everyone!

I hate the heat, but I've told DH that I'd be more than happy to move to the Orlando area and drive a bus for Disney. As long as I was in the A/C, I would be fine.

My sister (who lived in MA for years and years) has lost her thick blood by living in FL too long. She comes up here, and freezes!

Holl, PrincessM had more ear infections one winter (maybe 3 years ago) than she had had in her entire life up to then! I think it was 7! I was shocked, I thought she would be growing out of them by then! Anyway, she has only had 1 or 2 since that horrible year, but she gets colds at the drop of a hat. I'm still torn about the flu vaccine this year. Last year was the first time she had gotten one, and also the first time she got the flu. :confused3

HUGS and Pixie Dust to all you moms will sick little ones at home.

ZTH - take care of yourself and your mom - scary stuff - glad everyone is OK

Today:

DD up, dressed, fed, lunch made, off to bus
Little DD up, fed

Dishes
Laundry now to fold it and put it away
Go thru mail and papers on kitchen counter
pay bills
vacuum
pay DCL deposit
Dinner? I think its about time to try the chili colorado recipe
Help MIL feed cattle
Look at scrapbooking paper organizers online
whatever else strikes me :lmao:I've got that itchy,discontented feeling today can either be used for good or evil.:lmao:have to see which way it goes after coffee

Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes!

I feel miserable - my head and neck feel like Lizzie Borden went at them with her famous ax. DH took today off, so although it is only noon here, we've already been at the docs with Z2H, the police station for paperwork, on the phone endlessly with the insurance folks - I'm wiped out and grumpy and sore, despite meds and a neck brace. He's dealing with getting the poor little crushed car evaluated, setting up a rental, and trying to handle all the usual household stuff, the dog, the kids, etc. (His heart surgery is next Monday - terrific, right?)

So :thumbsup2 for seat belts and our terrific auto insurance.. The driver who squashed us with her massive SUV is 100% liable and at fault, her insurance guy told us. But, still - yuck for having to go through all this. But, we all know it could have been a LOT worse. The people in the houses near the accident who came running out to assist us said it sounded like an explosion.

TRM- did you put that letter in the mail yet????
and how's the rash??

PBF-take care of yourself. :hug:

Well, for here in Florida, 50 degrees is COLD!!!!!:lmao:

50 degrees in FL is much colder than 50 in New England. ;) It's never supposed to be cold down there.

In other news, I do indeed have whiplash. :headache:

Oh, sorry to hear that but grateful it wasn't worse. You and PBF take it easy for awhile. At least until Dad has his surgery. Will it be in Boston?

I've got that itchy,discontented feeling today can either be used for good or evil.:lmao:have to see which way it goes after coffee

Oh, wish I could join you!!! Think of the havoc we could concoct. :woohoo:

Oh, sorry to hear that but grateful it wasn't worse. You and PBF take it easy for awhile. At least until Dad has his surgery. Will it be in Boston?

Will do - Lou will be carrying my bookbag around for a while. :rotfl:

And yeah, it will be in Boston.... 6 am, I think, is when he has to be there. :eek: There's such a time?

Will do - Lou will be carrying my bookbag around for a while. :rotfl:
i love that lou will carry your bag! what a gentleman!:love:

And yeah, it will be in Boston.... 6 am, I think, is when he has to be there. :eek: There's such a time?

there is such a time!:lmao: please let us know how it goes. we will all be right by your side.:hug:

Oh, wish I could join you!!! Think of the havoc we could concoct. :woohoo:
<insert evil laugh here> I wish my DIS friends lived closer. That would be soooo fun.

TRM- did you put that letter in the mail yet????
and how's the rash??

:banana:THANKS! Letter is in the mail. Now have to wait for Board Meeting for decision. Dr looked at rash. He said looked like hives?? I don't remember hives having white heads like pimples??? But he said rash is secondary to whatever virus she has - it will move around until her little body is done with the virus. Give her 1/2 doses of benadryl if she is itchy. If fever comes back let him know. Goodbye $35 copay.:wave2:

The Boston hospital's are great. Valet park your car, and go right in. Great service at a reasonable price. You all will have enough on your mind to worry about where you parked the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter