• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 8/11/09

Hi and bye!!!

I need to stay off this thing today so I can actually get some stuff done! LOL

So if you see me here before 9pm, yell at me!!!!!

OK off to the scrap store, Mike's, and the grocery.

Big prayers being said for your DD, Ash..
I'm sure she will do great!
We meet DS8's teacher last night... she is a youngin' but she is the one I really liked when I met her last year.. They will gel well together!!! I plan on going in and working one day at week while the little one I watch is in KDG!

Thanks, Nan! She makes friends really easily and gets along with just about anyone, so that is a huge comfort to me. Still can't help but worry... it's my job.

Yay for DS8! It's always nice when the kids really love their teacher. It just makes the whole school year easier.

I know exactly how you feel.. I worry about my kiddos all the time...
It's 11:45am here...where the hell has this day gone? It's flying..this was supposed to be a slow day so I could enjoy... I'm sure the kids are in a whirlwind as it is... info here, info there, expectations for this/that the other... locker combos...
Our kids' cell phones were ringing at 11pm last night... kids panicking about buses, lockers... my kids are the cool cucumbers I guess... I could hear them reassuring others.. I couldn't help but laugh.. my is a basket case and you all are just goin' w/ the flow!

Morgan and I are back. We went to the registry to get my license renewed, you should have seen the line at 8:45! Holy moly! Thankfully we were out of there around 9:20. Then we went off to Starbucks for iced tea and juice (out of town, we can drink their water ;) ), and made an appt at the nail salon for 11:00. Off to the hair dresser, where she had 10-11 inches cut off. She looks so much older now! I'm so sad, my little baby bunny is a big girl :(

Then we went and had our toes done. She got her nails done too, I don't bother to pay for manicures anymore, they don't last anywhere near long enough to justify the cost (only for special occasions). Got lunch, again, see different town reference), and we are home! She called DH, he's not going to be happy when he sees how short her hair is, but it's hers and her decision. It will make getting ready sooooooooooooooooo much easier!

Nan, it's nearly 1:00, have you gotten any scrapping done?

Z2H, new fridge! Yay, new fridge! I need a new fridge. Actually, I need a new kitchen, but I'd start with a new fridge.

Rhonda, so glad your family made it safely, have a great great visit!

OK kinda jealous - usually our kids would start this week - and we are usually cursing the district saying its too early - VIOLA! District takes 2 vacations off the schedule and our kids don't start until after Labor Day - :scared1:
Kinda wishing they were starting this week!:rotfl:

ZTH - Welcome - I am the late posting West Coast Member of the group - who also spends time playing mafia wars on FB-;)

Ashley - Yay! Keep unpacking!

Tinkerbean - enjoy those cuties and your sister too!;)

Today -

Coffee!!
Laundry
Keep DD focused on pig chores
DD to unload dishwasher
vacuum
Finish donation itemization (that word doesn't look right) for taxes
Need to get ink to print 4H forms....maybe a run to target/Office depot
Girls to The Little Gym at 5 pm
Girls to Kids Park - drop off babysitting franchise - I have no babysitters here!
Rodney Atkins concert tonight - should be fun - if DD2 stays at Kids Park.:cutie:

I have some phone calls to make also - better get cracking around here!

Everyone have a great Tuesday!!

Morgan and I are back. We went to the registry to get my license renewed, you should have seen the line at 8:45! Holy moly! Thankfully we were out of there around 9:20. Then we went off to Starbucks for iced tea and juice (out of town, we can drink their water ;) ), and made an appt at the nail salon for 11:00. Off to the hair dresser, where she had 10-11 inches cut off. She looks so much older now! I'm so sad, my little baby bunny is a big girl :(

Then we went and had our toes done. She got her nails done too, I don't bother to pay for manicures anymore, they don't last anywhere near long enough to justify the cost (only for special occasions). Got lunch, again, see different town reference), and we are home! She called DH, he's not going to be happy when he sees how short her hair is, but it's hers and her decision. It will make getting ready sooooooooooooooooo much easier!

Nan, it's nearly 1:00, have you gotten any scrapping done?

Z2H, new fridge! Yay, new fridge! I need a new fridge. Actually, I need a new kitchen, but I'd start with a new fridge.

Rhonda, so glad your family made it safely, have a great great visit!

:banana::banana:Sounds like you ladies had a great morning!! I love to do this with my DD9 - and isn't the donatioin thing AWESOME!! DD has curly hair so it takes forever to grow out but she did donate once:cutie:and we were really proud of her!

What are you ladies gonna do now!!?

This is the second time she's done it. She had it cut (over a foot) last June after her dance recital and it was still to her shoulders. This time it's about chin length and she really looks adorable (if I do say so myself :) ).

I think I'm going to work on swaps, she's watching Ella Enchanted upstairs. It looks like it may rain here (just a passing shower), so I have an excuse to stay indoors (I hate the heat!).

pick up DD from Club H2O
DD to ortho

DH is doing this for me so I can continue to work uninterrupted! :cool1: He is going to take her to get lunch too, which I am glad she will have some Daddy time.

Morgansmom- sounds like y'all had a great time!:thumbsup2 I think our girls are the same age, so I know how you feel about them getting older! My DD is going to be taller than me in no time and I'm 5'6". I'm not ready for her to start 4th grade.

Tinkryansmom- have fun at the concert tonight!

Wow!!! I finished 10 pages in my 365 book and am caught up to this week.. those photos are currently on my camera but the pages are ready to go!!! Got the journalling typed up for yesterday too!!!
I have my list of elements to cut to finish off the completed pages but I'm counting them as complete now!!! (but I did NOT count this weeks as they are on the camera!).

I have 15 kitted pages I hope to work on tomorrow.. I want to upload and order photos from winkflash on Friday.

I have 4-H photos and mini-4H photos for PJ that I need to do this week/next week too!

They have started the jack hammer going again down the road.. haven't figured out what they are working on either... I think it's the gas lines..but we don't have gas at our home.. we are all electric.... (which is much, much cheaper around here!!)

DH is doing this for me so I can continue to work uninterrupted! :cool1: He is going to take her to get lunch too, which I am glad she will have some Daddy time.

Morgansmom- sounds like y'all had a great time!:thumbsup2 I think our girls are the same age, so I know how you feel about them getting older! My DD is going to be taller than me in no time and I'm 5'6". I'm not ready for her to start 4th grade.

Tinkryansmom- have fun at the concert tonight!

Morgan turned 9 in July, she's also going into 4th grade. She's 9 going on 20 though. The attitude... ;)

I'm 5'6" too, I hope she's taller than me, I always thought another two inches and I'd be able to carry my "weight" better ;)

Morgan turned 9 in July, she's also going into 4th grade. She's 9 going on 20 though. The attitude... ;)

I'm 5'6" too, I hope she's taller than me, I always thought another two inches and I'd be able to carry my "weight" better ;)

DD turned 9 in March, so they are pretty close. I hear ya on the attitude... geez, so moody! I always thought I was closer to 5'6 1/2"... ;) DD is already to my chin- she grew at least an inch if not more this summer. This child has be growing like crazy since she was 2. Now poor DS is a little guy. He's 4 and just now grew out of his 2T clothes.

Wow!!! I finished 10 pages in my 365 book and am caught up to this week.. those photos are currently on my camera but the pages are ready to go!!! Got the journalling typed up for yesterday too!!!
I have my list of elements to cut to finish off the completed pages but I'm counting them as complete now!!! (but I did NOT count this weeks as they are on the camera!).

I have 15 kitted pages I hope to work on tomorrow.. I want to upload and order photos from winkflash on Friday.

I have 4-H photos and mini-4H photos for PJ that I need to do this week/next week too!

They have started the jack hammer going again down the road.. haven't figured out what they are working on either... I think it's the gas lines..but we don't have gas at our home.. we are all electric.... (which is much, much cheaper around here!!)

Nan, I always so impressed by how much you get done!

Ash~
Your DS reminds me so much of my DS13... My DS13 is a little guy...but the kids never give him grief...his good friends rib him about it...but no others... and he never gives up even when others doubt his ability.. Just ask the dumb B**** that sit him out his 6th grade travel season (saw very little time)... his teammates never let him down...they went to state and instead of taking the win for themselves...they told my DS it was more for him.... last year my DS played both A&B basketball... in one game w/ dumb B..there... he scored 18 points in a game.. of which 15 points were from 3 point shots! She has been eating crow for a year...and to this day she asks my DH if I'll ever talk to her again..and DH said if you see pigs flying than maybe ya got a chance.... (I do hold a grudge when it's warranted!)

Ash~
Your DS reminds me so much of my DS13... My DS13 is a little guy...but the kids never give him grief...his good friends rib him about it...but no others... and he never gives up even when others doubt his ability.. Just ask the dumb B**** that sit him out his 6th grade travel season (saw very little time)... his teammates never let him down...they went to state and instead of taking the win for themselves...they told my DS it was more for him.... last year my DS played both A&B basketball... in one game w/ dumb B..there... he scored 18 points in a game.. of which 15 points were from 3 point shots! She has been eating crow for a year...and to this day she asks my DH if I'll ever talk to her again..and DH said if you see pigs flying than maybe ya got a chance.... (I do hold a grudge when it's warranted!)

Awww, Nan! That breaks my heart! Good for your DS though- way to perservere! I hope that DS is like that. My brother was short until after high school and he couldn't stand that his little sister (me) was normal in height. I'm wondering when DD will stop- I thought she had slowed down until she grew so much this summer. And could someone stop her feet???

See, apart from my dad, I'm the tallest in my family at 5'5. But my little sister (11, 12 next week) is going to be taller than me probably next year.... and then keep going. We're guessing 5'10 at least when she's done. I'm considering forcing her to drink coffee to stop her.... :lmao:

DD turned 9 in March, so they are pretty close. I hear ya on the attitude... geez, so moody! I always thought I was closer to 5'6 1/2"... ;) DD is already to my chin- she grew at least an inch if not more this summer. This child has be growing like crazy since she was 2. Now poor DS is a little guy. He's 4 and just now grew out of his 2T clothes.

If we make it through the "tween" years alive, I'll be shocked, forget about the teens...Moody doesn't begin to describe it! I swear she's grown a couple inches this summer!

As long as her feet keep growing; so will she... my DD wears a size 7... she is 5'3" now... she has me... my 2 little boys are shorter than me... DS13... will grow.. I foresee him being like my brother.. he grew finally in high school and is over 6'2" now.... I think some of it is because he is such a picky eater, or at least that is the excuse I give him.. you eat = you grow! He put 2 ears of corn on the cob away Sunday... he never ate corn til a year ago and I paid him 10.00 to eat a spoonful and he loved it.. He no longer gets paid..but it was money well spent! LOL

Ok, first kid is home..love the day.. he has lots of friends in his class...
my DsS18 called already, he got out of school early b/c his college prep classes don't start til next week. He asked to come over and discuss things w/ us tonight... and he had to leave for a college prep mtg. during first period so he needs to get the homework assignment from his sister! LOL Yes, my Senior and my Sophomore are taking theater arts together! This should be fun... DsS was trying to check our schedules due to practices and such.. He said he also need us to review a college ap to send out...
I'm anxious of my DD to get home and my DS13... to see how their days were.. I'm sure neither myself or my DH will hear from DsS15, aka Mr. Tude!
Anyway, I just about fell over when DsS18 called as he talked to me for 30 minutes! He never calls to chat... He evidently wants to make sure we know what is going on since we told him that we either stay informed or the financial assistance for college goes "bye, bye, bye"...

DD's wearing a size 4 in kids shoes, which is a size 6 womens...pretty soon she'll be stealing my shoes- I'm a 7.5.

That's too funny that you paid him $10 to try the corn, Nan! My mom did that to me once. Except it was $5 to eat a cherry tomato and it didn't work because I still don't like tomatoes. Lol. I'm glad the kiddos (so far) have had a good day!

DH emailed and said the orthodontist went well. They are just tracking her mouth and have been for several years now. She still has to lose 11 teeth, so we've got some time.

DS13 is home.. over 20 minutes late..said 1/2 of the bus didn't report to school at the end of the day for the older kids...they were 15 minutes late... than had to transition to the HS and get those kids that were eager to get out... He said lunch was a fiasco b/c they have changed things up but weren't paying attention and at 20 minutes into the 30 minute lunch 1/2 of the students had not eaten yet.. WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS.. If that continues tomorrow, I will have to go to school and show them how to do it correctly! It's not that hard! Otherwise, he had a good day..was constantly asked which sibling he was most like... his brother last year was always in trouble.. his two older siblings (PJ and DsS18) were the good, shy, quiet ones like DS13.. They were all relieved that he is more like the older two! Yeah, me too!
Well, now it's thundering... my HS athletes are at practices... LOL they'll all be practicing inside shortly... boy I sure hope that DS8's football practice gets canceled! LOL

OH, meant to say.. I hear ya about the orthodontia.. DS13 has 4 more teeth to lose..and I can only imagine what his costs are going to be...he has a teeny tiny mouth like me.. however, I have my wisdom teeth in and they don't bother me.. I didn't even feel them come in..so I didn't think they ever did... I was shocked to find out I had them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter