The Daily Grind ~ 12/16/11

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
:wave: Mornin' all! Hope today finds everyone doing well.
For those getting ready to travel for vacations or family gatherings have a great trip and be safe.

Today:
up
make lunches x 4
get ready
DH out the door
kids up and movin'
check email/DIS/FB

make sure everyone takes the appropriate holiday supplies with them
DD and DS15 to school
me and DS11 to his school for holiday breakfast

home about 10ish
make a batch of rice crispie treats
make 8 more bathces of chocolate candies (make 8 batches yesterday and sent 7 batches to work with DH)
scrapbook 8 pages
pick up DS11 from school
dinner

game night
home to rest

Travel safely everyone.

My day:
Laundry
Bills
Finish DS's ornament
Work on making some gifts
Make grocery list for cookie baking and Christmas dinner
Print January class schedule to take to store
Post Office for more stamps and to finally mail our Christmas cards (I'm so late on this!)
Work on February class schedule
Change dates on signs in store
Add Jan. class schedule to my sign in store
Work on class samples
Work
Sleep!!!!!

Have a great day!

thanks for the travel wishes!!! Nan, we don't get in until 9pm...want me to text you we are safe?
I will be checking in during the trip....found out why I couldn't in WDW...Megan had played some games and used up all my minutes...bought extra's this time!!!

Cheryl - have a safe flight today also, hope Robert didn't take up to much of your packing time yesterday! will see you tomorrow morning! can't wait!!!

today:
wash Megan's sheets/remake bed
clean her bathroom
finish packing
take out trashes
unplug all xmas lights from timers
bring suitcases down to car
picking up Megan at 1:00
go to mom's - she's our taxi

flt at 520, we get into at 9pm tonight!

have a wonderful day and weekend everyone!!

Have a great trip!

Today:
I am getting ready for my parent's arrival tomorrow morning!
finish thank you cards
vacuuming house
steam clean dining room
get packages ready to mail
fold laundry
put away laundry
dogs to park for a walk
dinner
preschool program
cookies for program???

Rebecca

do I have to check in too??? I usually check in with my mom every Saturday (unless I call her before hand)

My JoAnn's order came in ;)
now I"m scrapping with my new tape glider

got to go to company christmas party tonight - should be fun, got to keep my feeling down on getting a gift, they usually drawn names & not everyone gets one or gets a silly t-shirt in size XXXlarge - I luck out the last 2 years & got a cookbook and a handmixer so it is time to either not get anything.

Yes, you must check in too when taking trips! It's a must! LOL

I hope the party goes well tonight... Just remember it's a drawing not a directed dig at you.. But I would so be upset too.. Either give to all or give to none...but that's just me!

DD got an awesome Christmas card from her college!!! How cool is that? Today, then she and I both got an email that housing applications for next year are now open...so we will apply for her housing tomorrow! (deposits will be made then too, why did I buy her Christmas? Couldn't the deposits have worked? )

Yes, you must check in too when taking trips! It's a must! LOL

I hope the party goes well tonight... Just remember it's a drawing not a directed dig at you.. But I would so be upset too.. Either give to all or give to none...but that's just me!

this is how I feel too - I really hate that they get a big prize that could had paid for a gift for all of the others

DD got an awesome Christmas card from her college!!! How cool is that? Today, then she and I both got an email that housing applications for next year are now open...so we will apply for her housing tomorrow! (deposits will be made then too, why did I buy her Christmas? Couldn't the deposits have worked? )

now that is cool - love that they care enough to send those out - not sure if the college I went to doe that now or not - housing deposits will be cheap compare to what everything else will cost (we won't talk books)

got to go to company christmas party tonight - should be fun, got to keep my feeling down on getting a gift, they usually drawn names & not everyone gets one or gets a silly t-shirt in size XXXlarge - I luck out the last 2 years & got a cookbook and a handmixer so it is time to either not get anything.

I don't understand the ideas behind this- I guess I have been lucky that any company I have been with gets everyone a gift- I mean when I went to the holiday party for the jewlery store i worked for everyone got different gifts based on tickets but everyone got a little something- some kind of a figurine thing. At the schools I worked for everyone got the same thing from the school. DH's district of churches does a Christmas party for the pastor's and their wives- everyone gets a little gift (many times and ornament this year was mini frames and albums) at their place setting. They have a table full of gifts that their names are drawn for but their is something for every pastor- this year DH got a chocolate trivia pursuit game.

Rebecca

We are pretty luck Reddy.. PJ choose the school that offers the cheapest tuition in the state.. she has already received a departmental scholarship.... she is applying for 6 scholarships over break or she will be grounded til Spring break! She just talked to one of her close friends and they are wanting to room together!!! It's a nice things because they are a lot alike.. quiet, reserved, good students... PJ said there are several kids going there...this was a school that was overlooked in previous years! Guess all the smart kids got the same idea! LOL

Ok. off to the basketball game! Time to watch stepson play. oh the joy!

we are at the airport....

look who's going to DISNEYLAND

P1090438.jpg

got one excited girl!

this is a bag a DIS friend made for Megan to "test" for her in the park, will hold autograph book, sunglasses etc.

P1090440.jpg

Well, it's 10:41 and I haven't heard from Lisa yet...Hopefully she and Megan were just exhausted and got to the hotel and went to bed for their big meet up with Cheryl and Rachel...

Reddy, how did the Christmas party go?

Glad to be home from the game... It was a nail biter and we came up short.. :(
Hopefully tomorrow night will be better...

Well, it's 10:41 and I haven't heard from Lisa yet...Hopefully she and Megan were just exhausted and got to the hotel and went to bed for their big meet up with Cheryl and Rachel...

I was under the impression she was getting in at 9pm Pacific- is it about that time yet? I am really bad with time zones.

Rebecca

I got a $10 gift card :yay:
the gifts keep getting cheaper - the big gift was a stero (last year it was an Ipad, the year before it was $800 flat screen TV)
there were 10 other gifts - 2 of which were jumper cables, another 2 were BBQ tools.
I was really happy to get the gift card
most got sweatshirts or tshirts (Coke gave them some of the T-shirts, how many people do you know want a Coke Zero shirt?? in size med wherethey are a size Xlarge)

the ones setting up didn't think the food needed to be hot - save the heating cans for catering, no spoons, only ranch dressing. seemed to be leftovers really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter