~The Daily Grind~ 11/5/09

I'll keep you posted... I may have one of those too... I better go back and check..

DH helped me shop last night..and kept telling me it would be alright..
He is my find a great deal guy.. He found yesterday 12 shirts on sale.. total cost $5.00. ;) Needless to say my Christmas is done! I sent him back out for PJ today (well, he is going at lunch).. He found cami shirts (the camosole ones for 2/$1.00)...

I bought a whole bunch at the end of season last year and not a blasted one says "for Santa's Eyes Only" or similar...

Ok, off to look some more... Hmmmm, I better check my $ studio g stamps..for got about that big ol' box! LOL

All I can say it YIKES!!! :eek: I came downstairs this morning, and DS21 had left a note on the kitchen counter. It said "I saw a mouse on this counter" :eek::scared1::eek::faint: Are you flippin kidding me?!?!! OMG!!!! We have had them in the garage, but NEVER in the house here... I'm peeking around all the appliances...OMG!! now I'm wondering where it's living? Does it have a family or is it single? And most of all...HOW DID IT GET INSIDE?!?

Yesterday, I had the basement windows open because of the painting. Last night, around dusk I heard leaves brushing up against the brick in the window well because of wind. Or at least that's what I THOUGHT I was hearing. I turned around and a mouse was climbing up the screen of the window trying to get out of the window well! :scared1:

DH just laughed at me, he who flipped out the first day because we saw three spiders. I said we only saw them because everything had been disturbed when the old owners moved their stuff out. At least it is outside, but I hope everything is sealed up good and tight.

Today's list is a bunch of "odds and ends." Paint looks really good, but that painter's tape doesn't work as well as it should sometimes, so I have touchup work to do. Funny thing, our family room colors are our college colors (although the gold isn't as bold), but that was intentional. The LEGO room is one of the colors of our NFL team though, that wasn't intentional. I only realized it after I finished.

Touch up accent wall
Touch up trim
Take and post "after" room pics (family keeps asking for pics)
Paint shelves for scrap room
Find oven (didn't get this done from yesterday's list)
Shelf liners in hall closet so I can put linens away
Just start cleaning up crap that is in the wrong room.
DH to Verizon Store (his phone died, but is under warranty, and the store happens to be next to Archivers...what to do, what to do :rotfl:)
Grocery store

Hello- I am late to the party today!

Already done:
Bible study
work at school

To Do:
work on swaps
bike
dinner-?????
pick up scrap room
fill up bags for surprise swap

Rebecca

like i said it's my add week. haven't done ONE single thing on the list.

I have finished L's quilt just need to do the pillow to match and the 1st xmas present will be done.

that's it for the day I'm really am poor excuse right now.

Okay off to the kitchen I will empty the dishwasher and reload it and find at least one corner of the counter. I will vac the living room and start on the stairs someone please supply me with a kick in the rearend. maybe even two or three.

Christy, some times we just need lazy days... especially since you have been under the weather recently... don't beat yourself up... one step at a time, one thing at a time..

It's good that you were able to finish the quilt..that is one thing off the list of things to do on the Christmas list!!! :)

I'll keep you posted... I may have one of those too... I better go back and check..

DH helped me shop last night..and kept telling me it would be alright..
He is my find a great deal guy.. He found yesterday 12 shirts on sale.. total cost $5.00. ;) Needless to say my Christmas is done! I sent him back out for PJ today (well, he is going at lunch).. He found cami shirts (the camosole ones for 2/$1.00)...

I bought a whole bunch at the end of season last year and not a blasted one says "for Santa's Eyes Only" or similar...

Ok, off to look some more... Hmmmm, I better check my $ studio g stamps..for got about that big ol' box! LOL

His mission failed.. :( I'm so sad... so he got the lecture he usually gives me.. always by 2 of everything...or buy it when you see it on sale!!!!:headache::rolleyes1

Hey my new pals, what would you make for a 75 year old(meme) for christams? I made her a cute lap quilt last year. Im not sure what to do this year. No candy, no more boats, oh and she has a cat! off to start my list, since I got up early due to my goofy freind who wanted to ask me about a camera cord (i think, I wasnt totally awake)

Hey my new pals, what would you make for a 75 year old(meme) for Christmas? I made her a cute lap quilt last year. Im not sure what to do this year. No candy, no more boats, oh and she has a cat! off to start my list, since I got up early due to my goofy friend who wanted to ask me about a camera cord (i think, I wasn't totally awake)

Something my grandmom loved was a calendar with the dates of everyone's birthdays, anniversaries, and other special dates filled in and pictures of the various people celebrating that month on the calendar.

Another thing she might like is a piece of photo jewelry- they have necklaces and bracelets that you can pout photos of children or grandchildren in.- I bought some inexpensive ones from oriental trading for my mom and MIL.

Rebecca

Does she still send out cards to the family members? Maybe you could make her some get well cards, blank cards, holiday, birthday cards. ;)

Maybe even grab some "forever" stamps (44Cents) and go ahead and adhere them to the envelopes or put them in w/ the gift...

Maybe also make some cool return address labels for her..

So here are a couple pics of what I have been up to

Scrap Room

Color is Glidden Fresh Pineapple. The valance is from Pottery Barn Kids. If you are watching Flash Forward the main character's daughter has this line in her bedroom, and I point it out to DH everytime :lmao:. It's called Daisy Garden

IMG_5133.jpg

I took the closet doors down to have the storage accessible. Plus I don't have to leave space for the bifold. I still have to paint the shelves that go in it. The tall shelf came with the house, I was surprised, but it matches, so I'm not complaining.

IMG_5134.jpg

Here is downstairs. Glidden Tawny Birch and Purple Twilight in the family room. Behr Cool Dusk in the LEGO room.

IMG_5137.jpg

The colors didn't photograph well. The purple is darker more like the purple at this link. And the blue looks more like the lower stripe of the Seahawks logo you can see here.

Christy-any news?

Jennifer-look how much you got done! Good for you!

I love the colors you picked out hope. I'm afraid of yellow. What if it is too bright when I am done? Yours looks good in the photos.

For the yellow, I intentionally picked a bright one. It too, is brighter than the picture. When I asked for a gallon of it at the store, the woman warned me it would be bright. But by the time my furniture is in the room, and all the scrap storage, and Alice in Wonderland artwork is on the walls, so little of it is going to remain visible that I wanted a really strong color to make everything pop. Kinda like scrapbooking. You can go a lot bolder with a photo mat color than you can than with the background since most of it will be covered anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter