~The Daily Grind~ 11/5/09

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ FlyLady
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

This month's Habit is: November Habit - Menu Planning http://www.flylady.net/pages/focus_nov.a
Zone of the week - Zone 1 - The Front Porch/Entrance/Dining Room

Link to Flylady Holiday Cruising: http://www.flylady.net/pages/holidaycruising1.asp
:santa: It's Christmas Countdown Time!!! :santa:

~The Daily Grind~ 11/5/09

It's The Day Before Friday!!! :banana:

All I can say it YIKES!!! :eek: I came downstairs this morning, and DS21 had left a note on the kitchen counter. It said "I saw a mouse on this counter" :eek::scared1::eek::faint: Are you flippin kidding me?!?!! OMG!!!! We have had them in the garage, but NEVER in the house here... I'm peeking around all the appliances...OMG!! now I'm wondering where it's living? Does it have a family or is it single? And most of all...HOW DID IT GET INSIDE?!?

On other news, we have an open house tonight at the community college for DS17. Last year he was very interested in the Fire Safety Engineering program, so we are going to tour the fire lab. DH is coming along this time too. Hope DS17 still shows interest in this, or something else tonight... sigh... They will also be talking about financial aid and stuff like that. We have a program here that the first year is paid for by the state IF you follow certain rules. Hopefully tonight we will get the info on the rules, as that's a deal I don't want to pass up!

My list for today:

Caffeinate
smiley_drinkcoffee.gif
This repeats every day!!

Work till 3p

Open House at 5:30-8:30

Dinner... something fast...

Have a Great Day Everyone!! :teeth:

Good morning, everyone!! YAY for Thursday!! Love it!

Deb--ewwww the mouse! I remember last year when I was home on maternity leave, I had called into work for something, and I was walking DS around the house while I was on hold. Maggy (our cat) came out and she looked like she was limping, so I squatted down (with the phone AND the baby) to see if she was ok--she had a MOUSE hanging from her mouth and she was batting it with her foot as she walked. I about freaked!! Good luck with them!!

And that Christmas ticker must be wrong ;)--Christmas looks WAY TOO CLOSE!!!!!

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Pack lunches
4. Dust
5. Get P365 cards to work on at lunch
6. DS up
7. DS to mom's
8. DS's stuff to mom's

9. Work
10. Pick up DS
11. DH--call DVC
12. Wipe down DH's bathroom
13. Play outside or walk with DS
14. Clean front entry hall baseboards
15. P365 pic
16. Fold laundry
17. Wash more laundry
18. Watch DVR'd show
19. Go to sleep sort of early!!

Everyone have a tremendous Thursday!!

It's the right time for the mice to start coming inside. They can get into the itty bittiest spaces, so I'm sure it wasn't so difficult.

I've got a lot to do today!

Laptop - Clean up hard drive - Done
Pay bills online and by mail - Putting off...
Register Disney movies for double points - Um, why aren't the all doubling? Says up to 10!
Find Holly's corner punch - Found it!
Library - new book is calling to me!
Go to bank for Girl Scouts - Done
Joann's for more batting for coffee cup cozies (thicker?) - Yay! I found what I needed AND it was on sale!

Return at Kohl's - D'oh, forgot the bag!
Back to Target for missing picture and prescription and some containers and tents and Halloween stuff 75% off!
CVS for Dancer?
Stuff out of my trunk! Must do this before Saturday's crop so I have room for crop stuff! - Done - need to put some things back in there, because I need to bring them with me.
Call Pottery Barn Teen and see if there are any new customer offers going on - NOPE
Order bedding for PrincessM from Pottery Barn Teen - Wait, maybe get an email?

Banner for Girl Scouts for parades - not going to happen today...
Lunch
K, L, Q, and R pages? Finish X and Z? Don't think so today. I've got a book to pick up at the library! - Think I'll take a nap instead...
Pick up PrincessM at school
PrincessM doctor's appt
Homework duty
Dinner - Leftover turkey soup and salad?
Dishes
Girl Scout meeting
Survivor? Probably not, won't be home from meeting before it's over. Hopefully home before The Office starts.
Bed - In progress ;)

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

morning all
still waiting on the phone to ring..........

my ADD week and I'm not getting much done.

I did clean the scraproom/office, bathroom and upstairs hall also made new pillows for living room yesterday
so today I'll hopefully finish the stairs
go to walmart and buy eggs chickens are taking a breakand batting for pillows
make brownies for meet this weekend
other than that:confused3

deb mouse yuck and on the counter double yuck.
Brooke I would have dropped him I hate surprises like that
Jennifer How much do you have hiding in the trunk?

have a great day all

Wow Jennifer, thought you were Nan for minute. :rotfl2:

Sorry about the mouse stories. In our old house we had a mouse stuck the bathtub. The side were too steep and slippery for it to get out. I left it there until the DH got home. No idea where it came from. :confused3

Hope the phone rings today Christy.

Today is book fair day.
Nothing else is getting done. :thumbsup2

Mornin'!

Lots to do on the list today... where to start.....

up, this is an accomplishment because since I've limited my caffine I'm sleeping better at night and it's warm; and I don't want to get up! ;)
make bed
make lunches

email DH and remind him of his errands at lunch today! ;0 Gotta love him!
email DH 2nd email to remind him to go pick up photos @ Target on the way home
older kids up
ck email/DIS

older kids out the door
pull list for December Daily that Maggie put on here...
merge the December Daily list
re-design book use may tweek order a bit more!
work on tagging photos and putting them in a folder for DsS's SENIOR ad
make/update list for DH and the boys to do this weekend (some are a MUST)will update as I think of things! ;)

start Christmas lists (I'm not over buying this year; it's cash and carry! :) ) remember to put on the list that boots I got for PJ for a dollar in May! Found them again when putting up some genealogy papers! ;)

make kids' beds x 3
find large file folders for the Elf Documents (I have one; need to find it and create them)

email friend about writing cards/letters from the Elves for me

clean scraproom
clean basement
organize piles that need to be taken care of in scrap department the best they can be for now! :)
find homes for new items received yesterday! (THANKS BFF!)
call Picture Me studio and verify appt time tomorrow/received 2 calls w/ 2 different times :faint:
pick up kdg. student
lunch
pull 365 photos from last week/this week (put in folder to develop Thanksgiving wknd)
shopping lists for next week started
figure out where we are going to put our big ol' tree this year
schedule for Friday (no school)
find shot record for elf project Can't find one anywhere; need to contact Jingle for any ideasJingle was able to find them in the PR department files! ;) Thanks JINGLE!!

go and look thru stamps do I have "for santa's eyes only" or similar?????????????nope, contacting Holly...

I think that is about it... It looks like a lot but most of it is easy w/ writing emails/ printing stuff off computer.

I hope everyone has a great day!!! The weather is cool and brisk here... good day to stay inside as much as possible! My kids would agree w/ this especially the oldest 4 because its FINALS weeks for the first tri-mester... ;)

Wow Jennifer, thought you were Nan for minute. :rotfl2:

Sorry about the mouse stories. In our old house we had a mouse stuck the bathtub. The side were too steep and slippery for it to get out. I left it there until the DH got home. No idea where it came from. :confused3

Hope the phone rings today Christy.

Today is book fair day.
Nothing else is getting done. :thumbsup2

Hey! That's not a bad thing, is it??????

I think the mice like to come in to the warm houses especially during harvest season!!!!

DH can never hear the mouse when they have been in our home.... Which has only been once in this house.. He thought we were hearing things.. I set the trap and w/in 4 hours I had the mouse... Boy was he red!:headache:

Debbie, ewwww! on the mouse. A few weeks ago, my Mom woke up to a commotion in her house and it was one of her cats with a mouse and the other 3 cats were chasing that cat because they wanted to play too. Not a smart mouse going in a house with 4 cats!

Christy, I hope you hear something today on the job.

Lisa, I hope you are feeling better.

AWM, good luck at the book fair.

Jennifer and Nancy, just reading your lists made me tired!

My list for today:
Make DH's lunch
DS up and off to school
Laundry

Clean up kitchen
Prep dinner and leave note for whomever gets home first to put in oven
Label and package up Newbie Swap
Wrap and package up gingerbread goodies gift for bff
Research camera for DS's birthday
Unpack boxes that came the other day with DS's birthday decorations and make sure everything is there

Take DH's prescription to pharmacy
Work
Watch Survivor

Have a great day!

morning ladies!!!!

holy cow look at all those lists!

i have a million things on mine and don't even know where to start.

Deb- YIKES! i bought all kinds of easter candy one year and left it in the car because of the easter bunny and such and went to get it after bringing him to preschool and picked up the bag and they were in the having a complete candy lunch!!!!!!! EEEEKKKKK!
i screamed so loud dropped the bag on them and slammed the door shut!

dh took care of it. now i have a trap in my trunk ALL the time. he checks it regularly, but nothing. but this is the time of year that they want to come inside.

we all hate the mice but love the MOUSE!!!! :lmao:

christy------TODAY that phone WILL ring!

DIT-what kind of camera?

Nan- i have xmas stamps if you need one. want me to look?

Jennifer- you are going to Jo's w/out me?

AWM-:hug: just 'cause!

Brooke-smooches to my baby!

Lisa- did i miss something? are you not feeling well? hope that's changed!

Good morning, everyone!

We are in official mourning today - those rotten Yankees did win the World Series last night. Ugh. Well, wait until next year, right?

DH and I have very sore legs and hips from last night's waltzing class. I was really struggling to remember the sequence of steps and was getting very exasperated. Mentally, I still cannot function like I did before the car crash - arghhhh! We are going to make an effort to practice before the next class. But, the parts we did manage to get (he was great!) were lots of fun :lovestruc!!!

Christy - still hoping for that phone call for you!!!! Hang in there!

Today:
Kids up and out
Walk dog early (only 2 miles today - due to time/energy constraints)
Go scrap shopping with TinkerBean and friend! Have a $20 coupon in shopping rewards to use there - unless I dip into the Christmas $$$ envelope...
Pick up prescription at drugstore
Home and get ready for Girl Scout meeting here this afternoon - we're making cards for 123SAs husband and the troops
Dinner - pork chops
Inspect homework, etc.
Run out to Girl Scout leader meeting tonight - can walk there easily, so don't need to get a ride, since I'm still not driving - double argghhhh.
Upload Christmas card photo of the kids to Winkflash to get the 4-cent deal - expires tonight! - thanks for posting about this!!!
Try to get stuff together for TB's Saturday crop, didn't get to that yesterday.
Meds and bed

Nan do you want them for elves stuff or xmas projects?

Thanks Holly. :hug:

It's not a bad thing Nan. I just don't want to catch it. :rotfl2: I like being my lazy ol'self. :rotfl2:

PBF, the dancing classes sound fun. I'd love to do that, but my DH would so not do that.

Holly, DS wants a DSLR camera. He's a good photographer and one who likes to fiddle with the settings and such to get the pictures just right. Me, I'm a point and shoot kind of gal! But, we are going on vacation next summer to Montana again and we thought a DSLR would be a good thing to get even better wildlife shots than we got last time with my "as close as you can get to a DSLR, but still be a point & shoot" camera. DS's picked out what he wants, but I'm still researching to make sure it's the right one and also finding the best price. The one he picked is a Canon and it looks like it's an awesome camera. I thought about waiting until Christmas, but this way he can play around with it and get used to it before our trip to WDW right after New Year's. So he'll get it for his birthday. His Christmas will be small after this $$$ gift!

It's not a bad thing Nan. I just don't want to catch it. :rotfl2: I like being my lazy ol'self. :rotfl2:

:lmao:
PBF, the dancing classes sound fun. I'd love to do that, but my DH would so not do that.

Holly, DS wants a DSLR camera. He's a good photographer and one who likes to fiddle with the settings and such to get the pictures just right. Me, I'm a point and shoot kind of gal! But, we are going on vacation next summer to Montana again and we thought a DSLR would be a good thing to get even better wildlife shots than we got last time with my "as close as you can get to a DSLR, but still be a point & shoot" camera. DS's picked out what he wants, but I'm still researching to make sure it's the right one and also finding the best price. The one he picked is a Canon and it looks like it's an awesome camera. I thought about waiting until Christmas, but this way he can play around with it and get used to it before our trip to WDW right after New Year's. So he'll get it for his birthday. His Christmas will be small after this $$$ gift!

Stephanie-
i have a Canon DSLR. I love mine. I don't know all the settings but trying to learn whenever i get a minute!:rotfl:
I think it's a great gift. He will love it!

I just need 5 pieces of paper stamped for the elf project.. let me go look real quick.. I was just on my way to the basement and the computer started yelling for me! :rotfl:

LOL! It's only contagious if you let it be! Ask my kids... they haven't caught the bug yet! :):rolleyes1popcorn:::lmao:

Mom - Don't forget to look at the instructions! No glitter, oh Queen of Stickles.

And eek, mice. We cleaned our basement out when we were moving things around.... I forget the exact number (7?), but we found a lot of dead mice. :scared:

Today:
Up
DIS
Go back to sleep
Register for classes after I get up again

Breakfast
Call BBW to find out first day I am working
Study more for midterm
Go to school
SGA meeting
Class
Midterm
Home
Work on Psych Project for next week
Pack up all the cards that have been made

Andddddddd I think that's it. Wow.

Oo. And Stephanie... I want an SLR too! I have a really good Nikon P&S that looks like a SLR, but... it's not. All the bulk, none of the benefits.

One day, when I'm rich :-)rotfl:), I can go get myself a nice camera.

If you happen to have it.... could you stamp 5 of them on white cardstock in a rectangular shape (size 3 x 4, I could scale it down from there if it's stamped in the center of the rectangle)...

If you don't have it, don't worry about it.. I'll be out this weekend and can look!

:thanks:

Yay - I am going scrap shopping with PBF this morning (even thought she is in mourning)!

Hmmm - my list for the rest of the day

Laundry (always)
Clear 2nd floor hallway
Put away halloween decorations
Clear front porch
Tidy Front parlour
and tons more...but I can't think of them

Rhonda

and we already know how I feel about the mice (remember I'm the one with rats as pets;))

Just a quick trip to the local Jo's, I'll save the fun one for you ;)

Nan, I have a "Do Not Open until December 25th" or something along those lines, I'm sure, if Holly doesn't have anything. :rotfl2:

I went through my trunk. Let's just say that I shop when I'm angry at DH. He must have realllllllllly ticked me off the past few weeks! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter