The Daily Grind ~ 1/8/13

Oh, that's a tough one. I guess I would have it as a full meeting so as not to single out the boy and his family. It's unfortunate that you have to do it at all, but probably better to make it a "TROOP" rule than just a 'that boy' rule.

You may want to mention to everyone that their boys act differently when their parents are not there. Perhaps there is another room they can go to, the library down the street(?) or plan an errand around the meeting so that they aren't there during it. Part of the scouting experience should be getting away from your parents, too :) (We have families that treated it as low-cost babysitting, so I've been on both sides as well). Good luck!

Danielle, I agree with Jennifer about having a talk with the whole group and not singling anyone out. I also like her suggestion about having parents plan an errand during the meeting or you could ask that they help out if they plan on staying.

Thanks for all the advice. I spoke with my assistant last night and we agree that a talk with the entire group is the best way. We are also going to see if we can meet in a different room than the waiting parents or see if there's something they can do to be out of the church.

Hoping we can resolve this so all of 2013 isn't dominated by this kids behavior. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter