THe Cinderella Castle Cross Stitch

Pembo

OH-IO
I bought one off E-bay and it finally arrived today.

None of you mentioned how LARGE this thing is! Anyone actually finished it??????

I'm very excited to get started but I'm wondering if I'll ever finish it?! :)

I got mine at the beginning of November and I'm about half-way done. Just started working on it again 2 days ago. Last time I worked on it was around Christmas. However this one is *much* easier than any of the other Stoney Creek/Disney patterns. The other kits change colors ever three squares it seems.

The first one I did was the Self Portrait. It took me over three YEARS to do. The time to do the others has gotten progressively shorter, but I don't think any of them I finished in less than 6 months.

I am about three quarters done it.I started mine late January 2002.I havent worked on it for a few months but i am hoping to have it done in the next few months before the kids get out of school and before we go to WDW in December(that way I can buy a new one to do)

Do you know where ( a web site) can I find this kind of products? :confused:

* Verºoº *

Welllllllll..I haven't actually started mine yet (bought it last May) but every once in a while I take it out and LOOK at it - does that count?? :)

Jill

Uh... I think I have about 3 square inches done? I've been working on other projects instead.

I bought mine in December 2001 and started it January, 2002. Finished it on a the plane going to WDW in March 2002.

Looks fabulous and all I can say is ARGGGGHHHH regarding the metalic thread. I didn't get enough in the kit and went out and bought my own - which allowed me to change some of the colors in the fireworks.

It looks great when it is done.

Happy Stitching Everyone!
Diane

Diane, you're my hero! ;) I've been making progress on mine -- now that I know it can actually be done (LOL!) I'm more determined than ever to finish it!

Originally posted by DiznEeyore
Diane, you're my hero! ;) I've been making progress on mine -- now that I know it can actually be done (LOL!) I'm more determined than ever to finish it!

Nah, not a hero. I was home recovering from surgery for 6 weeks, so I had nothing to do during this time except stitch!

It is fun to watch the castle build as you stitch!

Diane

This is one pattern I would love to have. I have looked at the kit but have no idea when I would be able to get it. $40 is a little more than I can do right now for a kit!!!

Rajah and I have more and more in common! I have had that amount done since I was on vacation expecting DD#1 who is now 3! I am pretty sure now that DD#2 is almost 1 I'll get back into it, but who knows. I've had "gift budget" to go buy a sewing machine for months and haven't been able to do that yet either. Does this crafty stuff get easier when the kids are a little older? I really enjoy it but am usually cross eyed by the time I can get them off to bed!

I bought this when I was in WDW in Dec, but have yet to start it. I'm hoping to get started on it soon.

ahutton...to answer your question if it gets easier to do these things when the kids get older. Yes and no. It gets easier because you may have more time, BUT, then the kids want to "help". I converted out living room into a craft room since NO-ONE ever went in there (we have a family room and a room above the garage we use for another family room - the lr just sat there with furniture and things no-one ever saw) Well, since I converted that room it has seen more traffic and more attention than ever! The kids (and DH!) always stop by to see what I am working on. There is a couch there and another table so I always have company. I also get a lot of help - which is why I am only up to June 2002 in my DS8's scrapbook (not bad actually...) and I am 3 years behind in DD4's book. When I rubber stamp or anything else messy, then that's when both kids appear. They also love shrinky dinks and making holiday cards.

I complain about not being able to get things done, but I know the kids won't want to hang out with me forever so I TRY to have patience. (try...but not always succeed!)

I have tried to cross stitch but I have another unusual problem with that. Whenever I bring a projuect out, our cockatiel Ziggo gets VERY interested and he flies over to see what Mom is up to. He loves to pull on the floss and take them away. After a while I just put that project away.. :)

Good luck!

Jill

Well I've started. I have the very top of the Castle finished from the 1st page of the pattern. LOL! I don't want to look at the 2nd page yet.

That metallic floss is hard to work with. I'm having a tough time threading my needles with my Glissengloss. (love that word). It does look cool though........

Just a heads up, because it scared me half to death.

I was stitching away, and I'm almost done with the regular stitching in the castle (still have to do all the fireworks and Tink) and I ran out of color #317. So I go to my floss containers and get some out and start stitching. I look down after a couple rows and the colors DO NOT MATCH. I pulled out an older Disney kit, found the #317 and tried it, didn't match. I'm getting really upset now because, I'm thinking there was something wrong with the thread Disney sent and my only option is to take out all the old thread and restitch it.

Thank goodness for the Internet! I do mostly kit stitching and don't go through my extra floss at a very quick pace, apparently. In the mid-1990's DMC had to change the dye process to meet new environmental standards and so the grey family is a slightly different color now than it was a decade ago. The castle kit comes with the new color, and I had the old color. So I rushed out to Michael's bought a new skein, and the colors match, so I am back to stitching again.

I love these kits but they are expensive. Has anyone seen them any cheaper? Or pattern only kits, we are doing an international adoption, and I would love to take one of these with me to do while we are there for 3 weeks , but can't spare too much extra $ at the present time since adoption is expensive also.

Just the pattern? That is a great idea!! If you can get it please tell me, ok? :) Or if someone sales one, please tell me!! ;)

* Verºoº *

the Disney outlet (don't remember which one) had the Family Dinner Kit at 17.99 or 16.99, and I had them charge it or mail it to me. This was very recently, so give it a shot. It was possibly Character Corner at Beltz. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter