The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

For a 9 year old girl I would definitely suggest Aladdin or Frozen. For Aladdin we had balcony boxes so we had the area to ourselves. I’ve sat twice there and you can pretty much see everything.

Frozen we sat second to last row in Mezz. You could see everything. I don’t remember if they ever came to the edge of the stage or if it’s set in the back. I’m going back in March for front row seat to see again.

Anastasia is wonderful. I’ve seen twice now from last row mezz and saw everything just fine. I actually have tickets I need to swap to another date because an emergency came up for the original date.

I’d also suggest Once On This Island. I loved it so much I’m seeing it two more times within a 3 week period (that’s 3 times in six week!!). It is kind of adult storyline but the music and set is beautiful. If she’s scared of the dark it might not be the show for her because some of the production is done with little to no light.

Waitress is also fun. I’ve seen it twice this summer and enjoyed it. Anywhere you sit is fine for this one.

I’ve also seen Lion King too. It was years ago so I don’t remember it too well but do remember enjoying it.

For a 9 year old girl I would definitely suggest Aladdin or Frozen. For Aladdin we had balcony boxes so we had the area to ourselves. I’ve sat twice there and you can pretty much see everything.

Frozen we sat second to last row in Mezz. You could see everything. I don’t remember if they ever came to the edge of the stage or if it’s set in the back. I’m going back in March for front row seat to see again.

Anastasia is wonderful. I’ve seen twice now from last row mezz and saw everything just fine. I actually have tickets I need to swap to another date because an emergency came up for the original date.

I’d also suggest Once On This Island. I loved it so much I’m seeing it two more times within a 3 week period (that’s 3 times in six week!!). It is kind of adult storyline but the music and set is beautiful. If she’s scared of the dark it might not be the show for her because some of the production is done with little to no light.

Waitress is also fun. I’ve seen it twice this summer and enjoyed it. Anywhere you sit is fine for this one.

I’ve also seen Lion King too. It was years ago so I don’t remember it too well but do remember enjoying it.

Thank you so much for this information! It's good to know that you were still able to see everything from the seats you had. I think she would prefer Aladdin over Frozen too, so having you confirm that is great. And we saw The Lion King when it came to Baltimore last year...amazing!

So glad to see this thread is still going. I'm glad to see Spongebob Squarepants is closing. Admittedly I haven't seen it or heard any music from it, but that's just a topic I feel never should have been made into a musical.

So glad to see this thread is still going. I'm glad to see Spongebob Squarepants is closing. Admittedly I haven't seen it or heard any music from it, but that's just a topic I feel never should have been made into a musical.

It's sad that you are negative about it without having seen it. I loved it. The costumes, set design and choreography were wonderful. I enjoyed it a lot more than some of the other shows I saw in the last two years.

Back from London :) :)

We had such a wonderful time and both of us loved Kinky Boots! Thanks to those who made recommendations - it was a great night out. :)

So, you know nothing about it but pass judgement anyway? I'm not a Spongebob fan myself, but many are. Who am I to say that my taste is more important than their taste?

My daughter felt the same way. I saw scenes where they were singing about being a sponge and it just didn't seem like I could even sit through it! Most people that we knew that saw it said it wasn't as bad as they imagined but it wasn't good. I imaigine maybe very little kids liked it. There isn't much anymore for kids other than Frozen.

My daughter and I went to Broadway Flea on Sunday! Such a fun event! She wanted to meet some of the actors and even though it was going to charity $50 was a little steep for me. We were able to see some from afar and some of the Mean Girls cast were at their table for a bit. My daughter did buy some old playbills and a few other things. It was a great day especially being around so many people that love Broadway as much as my daughter.

It's sad that you are negative about it without having seen it. I loved it. The costumes, set design and choreography were wonderful. I enjoyed it a lot more than some of the other shows I saw in the last two years.

I did, and because I haven't seen it I probably shouldn't have passed judgment, but I did because I feel its a show that shouldn't have been made into a musical.

So, you know nothing about it but pass judgement anyway? I'm not a Spongebob fan myself, but many are. Who am I to say that my taste is more important than their taste?

Yes I did, and it's nothing against those who are Spongebob fans, I personally love the cartoon show, though I haven't seen it in a few years, but a musical? Not for me.

Just got home from London... saw Hamilton, Heathers and opening night for Company! Patti Lupone was amazing as usual!!! Yes I loved Hamilton but honestly enjoyed Company more! Had a ticket to The King And I but wound up with something like a food poisoning so had to miss it. :(

Just got home from London... saw Hamilton, Heathers and opening night for Company! Patti Lupone was amazing as usual!!! Yes I loved Hamilton but honestly enjoyed Company more! Had a ticket to The King And I but wound up with something like a food poisoning so had to miss it. :(
How was Heathers? I loved the off broadway cast. I might have watched the bootleg on youtube a few times....:duck: Sorry you got sick. I do love King and I. Company is a huge favorite of mine.

FYI, Kinky Boots will be closing in the spring. If you haven't seen it, go! It's a wonderful show! So much fun.

I have found my people :) :) :)

We have season tickets to Providence Performing Arts Center for the first time, and I'm SO EXCITED.

We just saw Miss Saigon - the new tour has some marked differences from the original, some changes I think added a great deal to the overall show. Other lyric changes...not as much a fan. But the Engineer on the National Tour (Red Concepcion) is worth the price of admission alone - he was incredible.

Our next show is Anastasia in November, I'm really looking forward to it.

On a local level, I'm performing in Shrek the Musical in a week and a half, and prepping for Edwin Drood in the spring!

We have season tickets to Providence Performing Arts Center for the first time, and I'm SO EXCITED.

We just saw Miss Saigon - the new tour has some marked differences from the original, some changes I think added a great deal to the overall show. Other lyric changes...not as much a fan. But the Engineer on the National Tour (Red Concepcion) is worth the price of admission alone - he was incredible.

On a local level, I'm performing in Shrek the Musical in a week and a half, and prepping for Edwin Drood in the spring!

Yay for performing! What role are you playing in Shrek? I was in it two years ago and was Fiona’s mom in the opening, and then the guard that leads the fairy tale creatures through the forest when they arrive (talk about a quick change!), then a regular guard the rest of the show. I’m currently playing Sister Lee in “Do Black Patient Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up” Love community theater! Wonder if there are enough of us for a spinoff thread?

Glad to see the positive feedback on Miss Saigon! I subscribe to Boston's season, so just saw Hamilton, and we don't get Saigon until June.

If you still want to see it, they filmed King and I with the London cast and will be showing it in movie theatres at the end of November and beginning of December. I already have my ticket! :)

https://www.kingandimusicalcinema.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!