• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The anti-dining trip report that could have been a disaster but ended up being Yacht-some!! April 2021 at The Yacht Club! Complete 11/5!

Aw, that's a bummer but at least you still have it to look forward to. Are you going to change to the Wish??
We were actually so excited to sail on the Fantasy because we've never been on her before. I've sailed the Wonder and the Dream, so even though we are literally SO close to when the Wish starts sailing, we're going to stick with the Fantasy.

Since we have the best TA on the planet 😎 and somehow were able to end up with over $500 stateroom credit even after switching to a 7 day from a 6 day, we are super happy with the switch we made! Plus, we get a day in Jamaica on this trip that wasn't part of our original itinerary. So, win-win!

Of course, the Wish is definitely on our cruise wish-list!

I think because I was floating in the lazy river and missed the texts, but still doesn't explain why they didn't just leave it with BS :confused3
That's what I meant. Why didn't they leave it in the first place? It's not like they leave things on porches...
I thinks she's eyeing the ketchup…"hurry up, Grammy!"
Ah yes. Kids and ketchup.

That's why they both begin with "K".
Ahhh…so keep the whole place like a freezer. Makes sense now 🥶
You're welcome.
I do too, but they need to stock the room with a broom!
Oh! :laughing: Didn't think of that.

(And now you are thinking "Hmpf. Typical man!")
Or, "drink this. It won't settle your stomach, but it'll make you sick in a different way!"
Variety is the sickness of life.

Something like that.

those beds and pillows were SO comfortable!
Aren't they?? In Feb when we did 1 night at SSR after GDT Steve remarked how both were so comfy. Then last month when we did 1 night at SSR after CCV he said SSR was more comfy and I have to agree but I don't think I've met a Disney bed I don't like lol
This was my first time back since it had been remodeled and it's super cute in there.
It is :)
she also brought me ginger beer and explained that it's not actually beer, it's more like soda but the ginger might help settle my stomach. That was so nice of her! I took a couple sips of the ginger beer and it was absolutely disgusting, but I so appreciated her thoughtfulness!
HAHA that's what's in those Mule's Steve loves and the reason I don't like them 😝 I can only take ginger in small amounts and that beer is gross!

Joining in!
Sorry to hear about your medical issues, but I’m glad they figured out what the issue was! Hopefully you start feeling much better soon!

I love that you took your niece, she’s adorable!

Going back to continue reading now!

The view from your balcony was amazing! And that sunset! 😍

My heart is breaking for you that you couldn’t enjoy all the delicious Disney food! But, I understand completely just wanting to feel better!

:rotfl2::rotfl: at the “hot dogs or legs” picture!

Kelly, I feel so bad you had to be on clear liquids during your trip, was it for the whole time?
I’m glad you are feeling better now!
I agree about the beds, so comfortable and the ones at Gran Destino were very comfortable as well.
I found out you can order a Mickey shaped pizza to go from Trattoria, we might try it out in a few weeks.
So nice to have your daughter be able to get the magic bands and come for most of the trip.

Joining in to the fun...

And gall bladders are evil. Mine was evicted from my body in 2012 after about 4-5 months of utter misery. I was so nauseated and in pain for so long. We finally got it figured out and I could not get on the surgery schedule for about 6-7 weeks later. Longest wait. And then after it took some time for me too. Went back to work after 2 weeks but was still super exhausted. I live by Disneyland and it took me 5 weeks to finally get back there post surgery and that was only for a couple hours. I cannot imagine a whole trip.

I'm so glad this trip worked out and we got to see you!!! In cute coverup and all :)
Man from what I've seen between you and Su-Queen, gallbladders are no joke! I'm not sure I can deal with so much pain!
That's crazy with the wait on ME. We took Uber because we saw the line and thankfully you had warned us beforehand! Even the car rental lines were insane from what we saw, not just to rent a car, but the traffic to return a car was awful as well! But looks like you had a great resort day to make up for it, and now the fun begins! :)

Or you could switch and stay at like POP for the night and take DME? We have to do this in August because there were no good flight options on the day we were going so we are flying the night before and landing around 8:40pm so I booked 2 rooms at POP and against my better judgement, we'll be taking the dang DME again o_O
That's a good idea though after your experiences probably think we are gonna steer clear of DME.

So, funny story, Allie flew down the next night (I'll be posting about this soon) and we were going to get her an Uber but there were none available. I don't know if it was because it was late or there is a really high demand for them? :confused3 She ended up taking DME anyway.
That is very much my fear. Went ahead and booked a car so we are all set. Its really not that much more than uber and they will stop at the grocery store so we can load up on booze essentials.

and who could blame her…those beds and pillows were SO comfortable!
We also realized that we had done a terrible job the day prior with the sunscreen o_O
After this we made sure we called her out of the water hourly to reapply!
Sleeping that soundly in a Disney bed sounds like perfection to me. And thanks for the reminder about sunscreen. We are headed to Hershey Park tomorrow and I am sure I would have forgotten.

Our Amazon Prime delivery was ready and by the time I checked my phone,
they said they cancelled our order.
I ended up calling and they did circle back and deliver our order…phew!
I am confused as to why they didn't just originally deliver it to bell services though,
because after they cancelled and I called,
I told them to just drop it off and they did :confused3
That is so weird they wouldn't just leave it with bell services in the first place.

All told our lunch took about 1 1/2 hours…and with it being such a small, in-demand place, you'd think they'd move a little faster 😩
An hour and a half for some burgers and a hot dog. That is crazy!

he had brought her little camera and was taking pictures of random people who, thankfully, were so nice about it and actually ended up posing for her!
Sounds like you have a budding DIS trip reporter on your hands. Now those are some pics I would love to see.

Meanwhile, we were seated and had the nicest server, and sorry,
I don't have any pictures of their food.
So sad you have to keep just saying their food. You're quite the trooper

We were actually so excited to sail on the Fantasy because we've never been on her before. I've sailed the Wonder and the Dream, so even though we are literally SO close to when the Wish starts sailing, we're going to stick with the Fantasy.

That's a good plan. So far, the Fantasy is my favorite ship. Mike and I have a cruise booked on her again next April 30th, but I think (I am fairly sure) I'm going to switch it to next fall because Allie and I are going to DL/Aulani in May and that's 2 big trips too close together. Now I'm debating on just booking the Wish (I actually have a b2b on hold as we speak but the room I got isn't really my preference, and we also got late dining which I hate so I don't know if we'll keep it or maybe try to change when the October itineraries come out), or just sticking with the Fantasy because I absolutely LOVE the Eastern Caribbean and really wanted to do that with Mike. Ack…such hard (but fun!!) decisions!

Since we have the best TA on the planet 😎

:love:

Aren't they?? In Feb when we did 1 night at SSR after GDT Steve remarked how both were so comfy. Then last month when we did 1 night at SSR after CCV he said SSR was more comfy and I have to agree but I don't think I've met a Disney bed I don't like lol

That's funny you say that because I didn't think the CCV bed in October was that comfy either, but this YC bed was pure heaven!

But I totally agree…I'm happy in any Disney bed!

HAHA that's what's in those Mule's Steve loves and the reason I don't like them 😝 I can only take ginger in small amounts and that beer is gross!

Ew…I don't blame you! That's funny that people actually like the taste of it!

Joining in!

Hello there!! :wave:

I love that you took your niece, she’s adorable!

Thank you! I've created a Disney loving monster too, it's all she ever talks about!

My heart is breaking for you that you couldn’t enjoy all the delicious Disney food! But, I understand completely just wanting to feel better!

Oh, don't worry, I am feeling better and have a LIST of must have food/snacks for August!

Kelly, I feel so bad you had to be on clear liquids during your trip, was it for the whole time?

Thankfully, no. I did gradually start eating and by the end of the week even ate a burger!

I found out you can order a Mickey shaped pizza to go from Trattoria, we might try it out in a few weeks.

Oh, that's fun! I'll have to remember that when we're at The BCV in August!

Joining in to the fun...

:welcome:

And gall bladders are evil. Mine was evicted from my body in 2012 after about 4-5 months of utter misery. I was so nauseated and in pain for so long. We finally got it figured out and I could not get on the surgery schedule for about 6-7 weeks later. Longest wait.

Oh my gosh, that sounds miserable! I guess I was lucky that when I finally went for my second opinion, the surgeon said to me, "I think it's your gallbladder." This was after 4 months and a million tests. But once he said that, he got me in for surgery like 2 weeks later. I can't imagine waiting another 6-7 weeks from that.

And then after it took some time for me too. Went back to work after 2 weeks but was still super exhausted. I live by Disneyland and it took me 5 weeks to finally get back there post surgery and that was only for a couple hours. I cannot imagine a whole trip.

I think I was talking to the wrong people…even my mom was like, "easiest surgery I ever had." Of course, she's had 4 hernia surgeries including major reconstructive surgery, so I should have taken that into account!

I'm so glad this trip worked out and we got to see you!!! In cute coverup and all :)

:rotfl2:

It was so great I got to see you girls too! Under normal circumstances, I would have been way more embarrassed with my outfit, especially next to you and Su-Queen, but with the way I was feeling, my vanity went out the window!

Man from what I've seen between you and Su-Queen, gallbladders are no joke! I'm not sure I can deal with so much pain!

Ugh, it sucks, and there's no way to prevent it. I wouldn't wish it on my enemy!

That's crazy with the wait on ME. We took Uber

Very smart and definitely the way to go! :thumbsup2

That is very much my fear. Went ahead and booked a car so we are all set. Its really not that much more than uber and they will stop at the grocery store so we can load up on booze essentials.

I actually missed having a car. When Mike and I go we drive everywhere. I never thought I'd like that but it's sooooo nice!

Sounds like you have a budding DIS trip reporter on your hands. Now those are some pics I would love to see.

Mostly just random people but it was so funny that she actually got a family to pose for her! They were so sweet and we chatted with them until they called us for our reservation.

So sad you have to keep just saying their food. You're quite the trooper

I will be more than making up for this in August :banana:

APRIL 10, 2021

So, wherever we were going was by bus…there's your big hint!

We were out there by 7:29 and on our way by 7:37 am...

For y'all who guessed the Magic Kingdom, you were correct!

After a quick, "hello!" to the fab 5,

We headed straight to and through the castle (she looks so pretty :love: )...

and headed to our first attraction.
After some debate, we had all agreed on Peter Pan.
Such a classic and we knew Ava would love it :lovestruc

Next, it was time for another classic...

After we got off the happiest cruise that ever sailed, everyone was getting hungry
(including me since I hadn't eaten since Wednesday :sad: ),
so we headed to find some very specific snacks!
That's next!

And if anyone is interested, here's a short video I made of Ava's first ever day in the MK. Spoiler alert, she LOVED it but her absolute favorite thing was the character cavalcades!

Continued in next post!

APRIL 10, 2021
SLEEPY HOLLOW

Allie and I are always sending each other texts, posts, and tik toks
about which snacks we want.
On the top of our list was this...

The nutella waffle with strawberries from Sleepy Hollow.
I actually had this back in October and knew it was amazing
and I knew Allie would love it as well!

My mom got the Mickey waffle with strawberries...
and loved it.
I actually took a bit of hers, and it was the first bite of food I had since Wednesday
so it tasted AMAZING!
I was too nervous to eat more than a bite
or to try some of Allie's though so I let them enjoy it.
Ava was a fuss and didn't want to try either.
Honestly, she is just not a breakfast eater at all
and all week really never wanted food until later in the morning.

We sat for a bit and then had a castle photo shoot,
where I am instructed on how to be a photographer
by my teenaged daughter and still seem to get it wrong :sad2:
This was one of probably 50 that I took,
all of which were unacceptable…sigh.

Of course, Ava needed to get in on the action...

Bellies full, we were off to pillage and plunder with some pirates...

ride a Doomsbuggy with 999 Happy Haunts...

and go Under the Sea with The Little Mermaid...

Funny story, y'all know we are new at the whole scooter thing so when we went to get in line at TLM, they told us to just go through with the scooters. Well, that line has sooooo many turns and corners and my mom was riding her scooter behind us and at one point we heard the loudest BANG! Everyone gasped and I turned around to see my mom had driven into one of the railings because it was so dark in there and she couldn't see well!
She was fine, but we were all super embarrassed! :rotfl2:
After this we learned that we should just park the scooters outside and walk!

We decided to stay in the area and do Dumbo...
which I kind of forget about, but seeing as this was Ava's first trip, it was kind of a must-do.

Then Allie and Ava went on The Barnstormer,
while my mom and I sought out some shade because it was getting very hot!

She loved it!
I think it is a good first coaster for little ones because if she had hated it,
at least it would have been over quickly!

Allie and I split off from my mom and Ava after that because Allie wanted to go on Space Mountain and Ava wanted to go on the Carousel. I didn't want to go on either, but I walked up with Allie on SM and then took the chicken exit.
I've been on SM a bunch of times but with the way I was feeling and having just had surgery a month before, I didn't want to risk it.

After all that, it was time for lunch at my absolute favorite MK quick service
(where I was really sad not to be eating!).

That's next!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter