The anti-dining trip report that could have been a disaster but ended up being Yacht-some!! April 2021 at The Yacht Club! Complete 11/5!

A SKYLINER STROLL

A little while later, my mom and Ava made their way up to the room and then we went in search of food for them. Ava really had her mind set on a hotdog so we walked over to the BC Marketplace. I kind of felt bad because there weren't many good options for my mom there but she settled on a turkey sandwich and said it wasn't bad.
We found a little table outside to eat...

Yum 😆

After their gourmet dinner, we strolled over to the Skyliner and decided to go for a ride.
If I had been smart, I would have done this before dinner
and at least they would have had more options.
I was definitely off my game the first few days!

It was a PERFECT night with one of the Florida sunsets that I dream of when I'm not there.

I look like something the cat dragged in, but keeping it real...

When we got back to The YC/BC, it looked like this :love:

Ava couldn't resist stopping to play in the sand,

while my mom and I sat on one of the swings,
but my mom couldn't keep her eyes open :laughing:

In her defense, it had been a long day since we had probably been up since 4 am.
Also, we had walked to the IG Skyliner station and my poor mom was struggling and out of breath with just that little walk, which made me so happy we had gotten her the scooter…although, we should have taken it that night.

We called it a night shortly after and we all crashed early!

Up next, one more relaxing day and Allie's arrival!

I give a slight edge to F&G over F&W. The only time I have been to the Holidays was last year when it was very pared down but hope to go again when it is in full swing . I haven’t made it to FARTS either but hope to someday like you .

Allie and I went in December 2019 and I didn't get to enjoy too much of it because she was bored, but I loved the storytellers and would have liked to spend more time there! I'm hoping most of it is back by the December ::yes::

Reactions: DLo

Here a little late. Just saw your link on your old TR. Will catch up in a bit. :)

After their gourmet dinner, we strolled over to the Skyliner and decided to go for a ride.
If I had been smart, I would have done this before dinner
and at least they would have had more options.
I was definitely off my game the first few days!

It was a PERFECT night with one of the Florida sunsets that I dream of when I'm not there.
Those sunsets are dreamy.....
I was thinking how cute you look! You would never know you were just recovering from major surgery.
Gorgeous!!

After a million dollar work-up and many, many injections of radiopaque dye, it turns out it was my gallbladder causing the pain in my abdomen, and I finally ended up getting it out on March 15th.
Oh no!!! I have heard gallbladder is very painful. So, I am sure you weren't feeling well at all.

Disneyland/Aulani for summer 2022.
We want to do the same! In June 2022. We are thinking Disneyland for a few days, Hawaii for a bit and then the last few days at Aulani.

She is on these boards as @olafofwarmhugs, but she almost never comes on.
Good name.

, I booked a scooter for her for the first time. It ended up being so nice since she was able to keep up and not get as tired. She's coming along with us in August and will be using the scooter again.
Scooters are a lige saver with the amount of walking you need to do in Disney!

1620575569389.png
A sign of a good day.

I left was pancreatitis and I put myself on a clear liquid diet for three days and even after that I was kind of afraid to eat so as you may imagine, food was not the focus of this trip!
What is a Disney trip like with no food?!?

Well, thank GOODNESS for that scooter! I really think it saved the trip, especially with how I was feeling the first few days!
I can imagine!

NOT-SO-MAGICAL EXPRESS
I have NOT heard good things about Magical Express of late. Sounds like they have just kind of already given up on it. Which is sad.

. All in all, our plane landed at 10:15 and we didn't get on a bus until almost 12:15. I think we must've just missed a bus for our resort because we were first in line but we
That is NOT good.

Once we finally arrived at The YC, we got our scooters and tutorial from Gold's…they were soooo nice, by the way, and I would HIGHLY recommend renting a scooter from them if you ever needed to!
Good to know! If my mom ever try to come with us again, I think she will need a scooter the whole time.

We literally had two (one and a half) resort days where we could just relax and not feel pressured to go anywhere, especially with how I was feeling!
See, this stuff all happens for a reason!
Perfect for you to feel better! And If I had all the time in the world, I would do that every trip. And maybe a pool day before leaving.

We absolutely LOVED The YC and now I'm worried about staying at The BC in August
that we won't like it as much!
I'm a crazy person
We have not stayed at Beach Club yet, but we LOVE Yacht Club. I think it gets a bad rep compared to Beach Club for some reason, which I don't get.

Anyway, she ended up sleeping on the little pull down couch/sleeper sofa and we BOTH slept much better the rest of the week!
Gwen usually sleeps there. Which is nice to have a separate sleeping space.

it turns out it was my gallbladder causing the pain in my abdomen, and I finally ended up getting it out on March 15th.
My DW had that done a few years ago. I hope you feel better now. :hug:
Boy! What a terrible introduction! :rotfl:
:laughing:
Gotta take the bad with the good!
Some of you know me
:wave:
We are DVC members and have three other trips planned for this year in August, October and December.
Wow! I'm quite envious. And very happy for you! :)
She is a senior this year and will graduate next month before heading off to college in the fall. I literally cannot even think of this without crying :sad1:
:hug:
:lmao:
Oh dear. Someone doesn't look too happy.
I did start feeling better a few days later
Good!!! You had me worried, there.
Well, thank GOODNESS for that scooter! I really think it saved the trip, especially with how I was feeling the first few days!
Phew! So glad you went and did that.
now I have no idea what time we left for the airport.
Sometime between 10pm the day before and.... 5:45.
Just throwin' it out there.
The airport was hopping busy this am and it seemed like any other years as far as traveling.
That's... actually both a little scary (considering the last year and a bit) and also very encouraging (same reason.)
I'm not going to lie, the was where the most frustrating (and challenging) part of our trip began. As you probably know, DME isn't doing the luggage delivery to your WDW resort any longer so we went to grab our luggage. Now consider our travel party…me, who still wasn't supposed to be lifting anything over 10 pounds, my 77 year old mom and a 5-year-old. This was tough.
:(
Sorry you had so much trouble there.
All in all, our plane landed at 10:15 and we didn't get on a bus until almost 12:15.
Really! I'm pretty surprised by that. I guess they lowered the number of busses and with the upcoming end maybe don't feel like increasing them.
Ava wasted no time getting into this amazing pool,
What? No "wieners or legs" shot??? :laughing:
We absolutely LOVED The YC and now I'm worried about staying at The BC in August
I'm a crazy person :rotfl:
But I'm glad you liked it so much!
Allie and I tried sharing the Queen bed the first night she arrived and we both had a completely miserable night :laughing:
Oh dear.
She wears her retainer to bed and kept taking them in and out and they were making clicking noises, and she says I was over on her side of the bed
I'm sorry, but... this is pretty funny. :laughing:
And the best part of our room...
oooohhh.... nice view!
After their gourmet dinner
Au contraire. You look great. And considering how you say you were feeling... you look amazing!
Beautiful!
my mom couldn't keep her eyes open :laughing:
Awwww...

And all caught up!

Those pictures of the sunset and the YC are gorgeous! 😍

Also, that picture of Ava sitting against the column at the bus stop in your first post is awesome, I don't think I've ever seen a picture that so accurately shows how a long day at Disney feels! :rotfl:

We were assigned the most amazing room…5175…which is technically a Club Level room but since there is no CL at the moment, it was just a very nice room with an awesome view :love:
That's cool! I honestly hadn't thought about whether they're assigning the CL rooms now or not. And a great view for your Disney return!

Ava really looks like she's enjoying her pre-park time ❤

We want to do the same! In June 2022. We are thinking Disneyland for a few days, Hawaii for a bit and then the last few days at Aulani.

Oh my gosh, when in June? I think we are going late May/early June.

What is a Disney trip like with no food?!?

Kinda sad :sad1: I tried to make the best of it though and did get to eat a bit by the end of the week:thumbsup2

I have NOT heard good things about Magical Express of late. Sounds like they have just kind of already given up on it. Which is sad.

Ugh, and we're taking it again in August because with six people, it's our best option 😩

We have not stayed at Beach Club yet, but we LOVE Yacht Club. I think it gets a bad rep compared to Beach Club for some reason, which I don't get.

It really doesn't get the love of the other deluxe resorts, and I'm not sure why either. I guess that's why you shouldn't really take the word of other people and really should try for yourself.

Gwen usually sleeps there. Which is nice to have a separate sleeping space.

It was nice because we would have killed each other if we kept sharing a bed! :rotfl2: Allie thought it was really comfortable!

Woohoo for more Kelly and Trip Reports in my life!!! So happy to hear you are FINALLY feeling better.

As you probably know, DME isn't doing the luggage delivery to your WDW resort any longer so we went to grab our luggage. Now consider our travel party…me, who still wasn't supposed to be lifting anything over 10 pounds, my 77 year old mom and a 5-year-old. This was tough.
I've kept up with nothing and did not know they had stopped luggage delivery. Is it covid related or are they blaming covid and its really financially motivated? If bell services can take your luggage makes no sense that luggage pick up at the airport would stop

Our last text was at 12:54 and I told him we were at The Boardwalk, so all told, it took almost 3 hours from our plane landing to get to our resort :faint: I think that's a new record for us and honestly, if it were just me I would have just called an Uber or Lyft.
Yikes!!! That is a lot of time. Late breaking news but we decided to fly to FL for our trip next month instead of driving. With the change in CDC guidance we felt more comfortable and I had some airline credits from last year. Unfortunately there was only one flight that worked on the way down and it was a day early so darn it we are going to have to be down there one more day :D But since we aren't at a Disney hotel I was thinking of getting a car service. I'm guessing with no luggage delivery and long lines uber and lift probably have long lines too

Honestly, having nothing to do and no pressure to hit the ground running was an absolutely perfect way to start a vacation.
This is our plan for day 1. Of course the Shades of Green pool is nothing like Yacht Club but we don't have a neighborhood pool so it should make for a nice afternoon

Perfection!!! How were the crowds? I'd seen some reports of waits to get into pools

I'm a crazy person :rotfl:
Yes you are!!!

What a perfect view. Definitely worth the upgrade.

If only the cat was so generous with the rest of us :rotfl2:

Last edited:
My DW had that done a few years ago. I hope you feel better now. :hug:

I am, thanks! ☺

Wow! I'm quite envious. And very happy for you! :)

I'm sorry, I do hope your border opens soon and you can start making up for lost time too!

Sometime between 10pm the day before and.... 5:45.

Precisely :thumbsup2

That's... actually both a little scary (considering the last year and a bit) and also very encouraging (same reason.)

Agreed. But in some ways it was almost nice to feel like things were getting back to normal.

Really! I'm pretty surprised by that. I guess they lowered the number of busses and with the upcoming end maybe don't feel like increasing them.

I think they were also only half-loading busses due to social distancing, but it looks like that won't be a thing maybe when we go back in August since they're removing plexiglass-glass and seating different parties together on rides. I have to think that maybe the busses will be next :confused3

What? No "wieners or legs" shot??? :laughing:

Haha!! Are those my legs??

Funny you said this because a few days later I was taking this exact pic at the pool...
and Allie was laying next to me and said the same thing about the hotdogs! :rotfl2:
And now I can't un-see it! And I never would have posted it but I think it's so funny that you said that!

Au contraire. You look great. And considering how you say you were feeling... you look amazing!

Lol, thanks! :hug:

Oh my gosh, when in June? I think we are going late May/early June.
We haven't booked anything yet but we are thinking of leaving literally right after the girls last day of school. So, June 22nd - to July 10th -ish. Maybe we can run into each other?!!?

Ugh, and we're taking it again in August because with six people, it's our best optio
I am going to be sad when it is fully gone. And really it gone for us. I don't think we will be going till 2022.

Also, that picture of Ava sitting against the column at the bus stop in your first post is awesome, I don't think I've ever seen a picture that so accurately shows how a long day at Disney feels! :rotfl:

It cracks me up every time I see it! I should have given the photo credit to Allie…she's the one who took it and captioned it on her snapchat, and I made her send it to me! :rotfl2:

That's cool! I honestly hadn't thought about whether they're assigning the CL rooms now or not. And a great view for your Disney return!

It was our very first CL stay! :laughing:

Ava really looks like she's enjoying her pre-park time ❤

She would have been happy just staying at the resort in the pool every day!

Joining in! Those sunset pics :tink: !! Glad you are feeling better.

:welcome: And thanks!!

Exactly! Good thing I have a lot of nurse friends here! :rotfl:
It's a tight club. ;)

Haven't you done all that? I think I remember seeing a pic of you at Club 33 ::yes::

Yes to the Club, no to the Tour, no to that dessert party and I've eaten at the Hotel a zillion times but we lived too close to stay in it.

I hope she will and I've told her to, but we'll see. I just don't think the DISBoards are as "cool" as Snapchat…or whatever they're posting on these days!

I get that. My kids stick to Instagram. These "kids" I think don't have the attention spans to read stories and all in one long(er) sitting, so they miss out on DIS-like stuff. Their loss. LOL!

It just doesn't get cuter than that!

At any other time, I wouldn't have missed the luggage delivery as much as I did this time and once DME stops after this year, I can see that being a deterrent for people like us.

I cannot tell you how much I missed it this trip. I too couldn't lift anything more than like 5 pounds, even pushing my suitcase was a joke and painful. I had to ask strangers to pull mine off the carousel and while there super nice about it, I did feel weird. :( I wish they'd bring this back but it's almost 100% not to be.

we were first in line but we waited about an hour and a half for the next bus…sigh.

it took almost 3 hours from our plane landing to get to our resort :faint:

That is totally not acceptable. ANd without the luggage service anymore, I am almost for sure going to go with a Lyft from now on. From deplaning to resort, it's easy an hour tops including a bathroom stop.

Once we finally arrived at The YC, we got our scooters and tutorial from Gold's…they were soooo nice, by the way, and I would HIGHLY recommend renting a scooter from them if you ever needed to!

I went with Scooterbug for that exact reason of NOT having to meet them at the luggage place. I had NO idea when I'd be there as I went straight to breakfast. Just too stressful to have a set time to meet. I am SO glad they waited for you and were super nice about it!

Oh my Gawd. LOL!!
I was definitely of my game the first few days!

You had a perfectly legit excuse. Give yourself some grace! :)

Nope, beautiful!

Also, we had walked to the IG Skyliner station and my poor mom was struggling and out of breath with just that little walk, which made me so happy we had gotten her the scooter…although, we should have taken it that night.

Yep, our trips were almost identical in this regard. My mom REALLY struggled the 2 times we chose to leave the scooters behind. I felt so badly for her.

We love the Yacht Club, we had a similar view our last stay there.
I’m so glad you loved the YC, the pool is lovely.
Sorry about the long wait at the Magical Express
How nice to have some resort days built in.
I’m glad your niece was loving it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter