The Anaheim Hotel

tarheelalum

DIS Veteran
The Dis youtube channel just did a review of this place and it sounds pretty bad service wise. Back before they changed their name it had some pretty uneven reviews but it sounds like things have gotten worse. They start the review around the 30 minute mark. Their experience was so awful it was entertaining to listen too. Kind of like hearing about a car wreck. LOL

Disneyland Discussion + The Anaheim Hotel Review | 04/10/19"

Sadly i'm not surprised at this review at all. Several years ago maybe in 2012 or 13 at the latest we stayed when it was called The anaheim plaza I think ? Back then rooms were cheap around $90/night and it defintely was a budget stay and rooms were not in the best shape but the proximity was still decent. That was the only time we stayed and after that it went downhill repeatedly. I cannot fathom paying over $100 for those rooms let alone the horrible service. Working in a hotel it sounds like the chaperone/tour situation was likely handled by the sales team which just promises things that the front desk has to deal with , it sucks. However the lack of communication and not offering some sort of compensation for inconvience is beyond unaceptable.

I always tell people who ask about here to just choose about anywhere else.

I sure hope the manager/owner/whoever saw this and is taking some action and reaches out to Pete, but I'm doubtful that will happen. I had a long drive today so I listed to it, sounds awful but I was expecting worse. I was a bit shocked how generous some of the ratings were from the team that stayed here.

I sure hope the manager/owner/whoever saw this and is taking some action and reaches out to Pete, but I'm doubtful that will happen. I had a long drive today so I listed to it, sounds awful but I was expecting worse. I was a bit shocked how generous some of the ratings were from the team that stayed here.

I think they were going out of there way to soften the blow.

I want to know, did they ever straight up ask for a partial refund? I would have! I would have asked for at least one night taken off the bill, since they had to vacate the rooms and didn't even get it for a full 24 hours. That is ridiculous. I would have threatened to call my credit card company and dispute the charge right in front of the manager if they didn't immediately credit that one night.

I also would have put the roach in a cup and brought it to the manager too. That place sounds like a total dump. Who cares how pretty the lobby and public areas look? You are paying for the room and I agree with Craig that they were horrible looking.

My parents stayed there many times when it was the Anaheim Plaza -- not their choice, the location was chosen and paid for by friends -- and said that given their choice, they would not stay there again. When the property became the Anaheim Hotel, other friends reported similar experiences (e.g. poor service, rooms not clean, water temp and pressure problems, etc.) that made them not return after one stay. Other reports here have not made this place sound much better.

Wow. what a gong show!!! That is sooo crazy that they would expect guests to go through all of that!!!

We stayed next door at the Castle Inn recently and noticed something funny about the parking lot for the Anaheim Hotel. It seems they have extra parking spaces that they offer to the public. Nearly every time we walked to the parks the price on the sign was different, ranging from $25 to $40. I really hope no one is paying $40 to park there!

Anyway, the hotel grounds did look quite nice, and the hotel had a unique mid-century modern look. But clearly it's all for show.

Shame they weren't able to stay at one of the similar priced hotels a little closer to the gate (BWPPI, Tropicana, Park Vue, etc.) I think they would have had a much better experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter