The All New Grand Floridian FAQ - APRIL 2010

So I am being bad and already trying to convince hubby we need to go in september instead of January. sneaky sneaky!

Photos of GF stores:

Summer Lace:
IMG_0322-1.jpg

OH I LOVE THOSE DISNEY DOONEY'S! I HAVE TWO ALREADY AND AM ITCHING TO SEE WHAT THEY WILL HAVE IN MAY!!!:lovestruc:banana::lovestruc:cloud9:

i know this isn't the answer you want, but i did see them at commander porter's when we were there about 3 weeks ago... i don't remember the price.

i desperately wanted the ones they currently have in the rooms, sort of a cotton waffle-weave. i have been wanting something light weight and absorbent. my mom called housekeeping and they had some for sale and they delivered it to our room. :cloud9: they said they are switching all of them over to the terry cloth ones soon. those are really nice, but just not what i was looking for.

I'm glad you got what you wanted. How much are the waffle weave ones?

LOL. I would ALWAYS pick January over September, but that's because I don't like crowds.

oh gosh when we went in september last year we walked onto everything! If we went in JAnuary it would be during the marathon, to run the marthon and that equals cold weather and a LOT of crowds (we were there this year) sept. is our favorite time of year to go. (esp since it's value season haha)

oh gosh when we went in september last year we walked onto everything! If we went in JAnuary it would be during the marathon, to run the marthon and that equals cold weather and a LOT of crowds (we were there this year) sept. is our favorite time of year to go. (esp since it's value season haha)

I guess I figured as soon as MNSSHP began, the parks would have some crazy days. I know January, with the exception of the marathon weekend, is the slowest time of the year.

Us too Heatherlynn - we LOVE september. Or October. But as you said September is value season so we try to go then instead!

I think you should convince your hubby to go in September AND January :rotfl:

How about some marina photos:

IMG_0289-1.jpg

Disney's Pirate Adventure:
IMG_0287-1.jpg

100_1375.jpg

Grand 1:
IMG_0285.jpg

I guess I figured as soon as MNSSHP began, the parks would have some crazy days. I know January, with the exception of the marathon weekend, is the slowest time of the year.

we honeymooned in January one year right after the marathon and there were no crowds and we really lucked out on weather, but this January it was ccooolllddd..
Sept. is usually slow till Food and wine festival starts. kids ahve all started school and parents don't want to take them our right after they started, works for me!!!

Now, how to convince DH we need to go....hoping to book a bouncback when we go down a couple days after our cruise this summer. anyone had luck booking RPC for september with the bounceback?

We found the waffle weave ones extremely uncomfortable. If you have sensitive skin, you'll want to find some terry cloth ones. :rotfl:

we honeymooned in January one year right after the marathon and there were no crowds and we really lucked out on weather, but this January it was ccooolllddd..
Sept. is usually slow till Food and wine festival starts. kids ahve all started school and parents don't want to take them our right after they started, works for me!!!

Now, how to convince DH we need to go....hoping to book a bouncback when we go down a couple days after our cruise this summer. anyone had luck booking RPC for september with the bounceback?

We just booked bounceback for August. 40% off RPC Deluxe King Room. :banana: and they had other RPC rooms available and sugar loaf too. The dates on the flyer were for almost the whole year so hopefully you'll be able to get your dates. :)

minniesota - Thank you SO much for posting those photos! My kids keep asking me for a picture of the pirate cruise boat and I couldn't find a good one. They are going to be so excited now that I can show them what to expect!

We just booked bounceback for August. 40% off RPC Deluxe King Room. :banana: and they had other RPC rooms available and sugar loaf too. The dates on the flyer were for almost the whole year so hopefully you'll be able to get your dates. :)

ooh thanks. hopefully it will still be available in June!

casajump-Thanks for posting your gorgeous photos! The window table in the lounge is one of my favorites! And your King Deluxe room is beautiful. Do you remember what room number it is?

If anyone else has photos, please post! It's nice to get as many photos as we can at the start of the thread so newcomers can see all the GF has to offer.:thumbsup2

heatherlynn- We were there in January this year for marathon weekend and we had snow the day we arrived!!!:scared1: But I will admit that I'd rather tour the parks in slightly chilly weather than in oppressively hot weather. I think September should be nice! And both would be better!;)

Zero Entry Theme pool. Waterfall is turned off on windy days.
Disney2010523.jpg

Mizners Lounge
Disney2010357.jpg

Check-In desk. Main Lobby
Disney2010349.jpg

Big Pine Key room 9344. Theme Park View. (no zoom)
Disney2010337.jpg

Same room w/ camera zoom
Disney2010338.jpg

Same room. Full view w/ no zoom.
Disney2010012.jpg

Wedding Chapel
Disney2010121.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter