The All New Grand Floridian FAQ - APRIL 2010

Oh, minniesota!All of the pictures are fabulous! Thank you for posting them!:)

And the lady by the pianist! Is she the one that everyone talks about?
The widow who goes everyday and listens to the music and holds her dolls and such?

Anyone use the Mouseketeer Club for child care in the evenings. I'd love to hear some feedback, couldn't find any recent reviews, only a few over 2 years old. Thanks!

If you used the Polynesian's child care center, please share your opinions on that too. Thanks again.

My DD and DNiece always preferred the Neverland Club to the Mouseketeer Club, although they did stay there twice over the years and it was fine. They were certainly safe and well taken care of but they didn't have FUN like they did at Neverland. Neverland is BIG and lots of CMs working there and space to spread out and enjoy various activities (crafts, video games, they all vote on a movie after supper). Mouseketeer Club is TIGHT and can't take many children for this reason. I'd HIGHLY recommend Neverland. Just build in a bit of extra time for drop-off and pick-up. Good luck!

Love the photos, minniesota :) Especially the Peter Pan section of the new floor with the light/shadowing - so pretty!

And the lady by the pianist! Is she the one that everyone talks about?
The widow who goes everyday and listens to the music and holds her dolls and such?

Yes.

woe is me! :sad1:

we just got back a few weeks ago after being spoiled rotten in rpc. dh and the kids and i all agreed that it was the nicest resort we ever stayed at (seems like a no-brainer to us adults but those of you with kids know they come up with some funny ideas!). i kept telling them to enjoy it because we probably would never be back (due to cost).

so, we booked akl for a bounceback and then i realized the poly wasn't that much pricier, so i sort of talked everyone into the poly (because i really loved the monorail location). one of my "selling" points was that we've never stayed at the same resort twice, and isn't it fun to stay somewhere different every time? so, job done, everyone got very excited to stay at the poly.

so, then i realized that a standard room at the gf is not much more expensive at all than the poly. how had i overlooked this? i was thrilled! :banana:

apparently i did too good of a job selling them on the poly, because none of the three of them wants to move. :eek: ugh! ds keeps saying, "mom, i loved it there but i want to stay at a different resort every time." what have i done? :scared1:

sigh, so sad. now that i know that standard rooms are not much more than the other deluxes, i know we'll be back someday, but still... i'm afraid i'll be on that beach at poly staring longingly at the gf every day! waaaaaaahhhhh!

I have a Grand Floridian question!

We've stayed there... let's see... 3 or 4 times. I think it's 3. So this will be our 4th visit, June 20th. (Edit: 4th visit to GF, 9th visit overall.)

We got in under the wire on the deal that ended Mar 27th, and we are in a Theme Park View room. (First time for that. Once we had a Lagoon View, which I absolutely loved early in the morning, sitting on the porch looking out at the mist over the lagoon. I felt like casting a plug into the reeds. But, we love the Pool View, and the Garden View, too!)

My question is this: When I logged into the WDW site to view our reservation, the room came up as, "1BR Villa".

Hmmm.

Does that mean they actually booked us into a 1BR suite, or do they call all the rooms villas? I mean, a villa suite would be really cool, but I just don't see it.If we get one we'll take it and not complain; but are we going to be surprised that it actually is a 1BR villa, or are we simply going to be happy to be at WDW in a 1BR room with a Theme Park View, as we expect?

woe is me! :sad1:

we just got back a few weeks ago after being spoiled rotten in rpc. dh and the kids and i all agreed that it was the nicest resort we ever stayed at (seems like a no-brainer to us adults but those of you with kids know they come up with some funny ideas!). i kept telling them to enjoy it because we probably would never be back (due to cost).

so, we booked akl for a bounceback and then i realized the poly wasn't that much pricier, so i sort of talked everyone into the poly (because i really loved the monorail location). one of my "selling" points was that we've never stayed at the same resort twice, and isn't it fun to stay somewhere different every time? so, job done, everyone got very excited to stay at the poly.

so, then i realized that a standard room at the gf is not much more expensive at all than the poly. how had i overlooked this? i was thrilled! :banana:

apparently i did too good of a job selling them on the poly, because none of the three of them wants to move. :eek: ugh! ds keeps saying, "mom, i loved it there but i want to stay at a different resort every time." what have i done? :scared1:

sigh, so sad. now that i know that standard rooms are not much more than the other deluxes, i know we'll be back someday, but still... i'm afraid i'll be on that beach at poly staring longingly at the gf every day! waaaaaaahhhhh!

I dunno, the Poly is really fantastic, and when our daughter was younger I think it was the more funner place to stay. The pools are better for the kids, IMO. And, the Poly is really exotic, with the indoor greenery, and Captain Cook's is better than Gasparilla's (again IMO), and Ohana beats 1900 Park Faire (and if you want to go to 1900 for the character dinner it's just a monorail stop away), and Kona Cafe is better than the Grand Floridian Cafe. The Poly is a better place to watch the lagoon light show (more central, it's as if it was center stage). The rooms at the GF are a little bit nicer IMO, and the pool is better for adults. Otherwise I wouldn't sweat it. The Poly rocks.

Hi we will only have 5 people which are aloud to stay in the room. Do you think a full size or queen size air mattress will fit ok and I have seen photos of the bath products and was wondering which are correct h20 or spa? Thanks to all

Hi we will only have 5 people which are aloud to stay in the room. Do you think a full size or queen size air mattress will fit ok and I have seen photos of the bath products and was wondering which are correct h20 or spa? Thanks to all

I think a full size will be pretty tight. A twin would probably fit over by the sliding door, but I'm not sure if the full size one would work.

The bath products are the H2O Plus Spa Line; sea salt is the fragrance.

...My question is this: When I logged into the WDW site to view our reservation, the room came up as, "1BR Villa".

We booked theme park view room too. I heard it's just a category that means theme park view, computer issue or something.

If you find out different, please post. And share some reviews and photos of the view from your theme park view room. I'm requesting Sago Cay or Conch Key which I think will have the most direct view of the castle. We had a nice theme park view room at the Tahiti Bldg in Polynesian Resort so it will be fun to compare.

Thank you for those gorgeous photo's I especially am interested in the spa, I've already decided a few years down the road when I turn 50 mommy is going for a weekend at the GF spa! By myself!!!

I have a Grand Floridian question!

We've stayed there... let's see... 3 or 4 times. I think it's 3. So this will be our 4th visit, June 20th. (Edit: 4th visit to GF, 9th visit overall.)

We got in under the wire on the deal that ended Mar 27th, and we are in a Theme Park View room. (First time for that. Once we had a Lagoon View, which I absolutely loved early in the morning, sitting on the porch looking out at the mist over the lagoon. I felt like casting a plug into the reeds. But, we love the Pool View, and the Garden View, too!)

My question is this: When I logged into the WDW site to view our reservation, the room came up as, "1BR Villa".

Hmmm.

Does that mean they actually booked us into a 1BR suite, or do they call all the rooms villas? I mean, a villa suite would be really cool, but I just don't see it.If we get one we'll take it and not complain; but are we going to be surprised that it actually is a 1BR villa, or are we simply going to be happy to be at WDW in a 1BR room with a Theme Park View, as we expect?

Apparently, the 1BR villa notation is a computer system glitch. Others have reported the same thing but have been placed in the TPV rooms. So no worries! I hope you have a "grand" stay!:hippie:

Cool, thanks! We don't need a suite, and are happy to get what we expected, so, hakuna matata!

Hi everyone! Great to see the new thread up and running. Thanks to k&a&c'smom for putting it together! :goodvibes

So we are just over 2 weeks away from our 8 night trip to the GF. :lovestruc It will be our 1st time staying there and we've booked a Theme Park view room. I know I asked this already in the old thread, but please forgive me for asking again as I can't seem to find it: which building is recommended for a great TPV? Thanks.

Even though I stayed at POFQ this past trip, my heart was at the GF... we went there for dinner at Narcossee's our last night and I didn't want to leave! I did make a stop at the stores before leaving... got restocked on bath bombs at White Basin and picked up a blanket with a picture of the GF on it. Now when I'm missing the Grand, I can snuggle up in my blanket!

Even though I stayed at POFQ this past trip, my heart was at the GF... we went there for dinner at Narcossee's our last night and I didn't want to leave! I did make a stop at the stores before leaving... got restocked on bath bombs at White Basin and picked up a blanket with a picture of the GF on it. Now when I'm missing the Grand, I can snuggle up in my blanket!

Did you see any of the white terry GF robes while you were there and do you remember how much they are? Anybody? Thanks!

Did you see any of the white terry GF robes while you were there and do you remember how much they are? Anybody? Thanks!

i know this isn't the answer you want, but i did see them at commander porter's when we were there about 3 weeks ago... i don't remember the price.

i desperately wanted the ones they currently have in the rooms, sort of a cotton waffle-weave. i have been wanting something light weight and absorbent. my mom called housekeeping and they had some for sale and they delivered it to our room. :cloud9: they said they are switching all of them over to the terry cloth ones soon. those are really nice, but just not what i was looking for.

Hi Cali-D, good to see you on here!:wave2: I still remember your great GF FAQ. It was such wonderful help to me when I planned our first GF stay years ago now.

Hey good to see you too BCV! I remember that thread very well, we made discovery after discovery about the GF on that one!

Hey, CaliD, glad to see you again!:yay: We've missed you, I always loved your thread, it was so full of info.

Hi there! Great job with the thread, it is such an asset to those planning their trips. I'll be back to the GF this year and very much looking forward to it.

Photos of GF stores:

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

Summer Lace:
IMG_0321-1.jpg

Summer Lace:
IMG_0322-1.jpg

Salon:
IMG_0337.jpg

Hi minniesota!:wave2: I'm enjoying your lovely photos.:surfweb: Thanks for sharing.

mousefan1972 - Most posters who've stayed TPV many times suggest requesting Sago Cay or Conch Key, those buildings have very nice views of the castle and fireworks. Conch Key, btw, is my favorite location in general - you're near the courtyard pool, boat dock, marina and relatively close to Gasparilla's.

I've only had two TPV rooms, once years ago in Big Pine Key when TPV wasn't even a bookable category. Nice panoramic view of the Poly, CR and castle, although the castle was a bit distant.

The second was a couple years ago, in Boca Chica, nice view of the lagoon and CR but our view of the castle was blocked by a big tree to the left of the balcony. Others have reported they had lovely views in Boca Chica, though, so you may prefer that location.

Cali-D - thanks! I hope your upcoming trip means you'll be checking in often.:goodvibes

minniesota - thanks for all the lovely photos!

i know this isn't the answer you want, but i did see them at commander porter's when we were there about 3 weeks ago... i don't remember the price.

i desperately wanted the ones they currently have in the rooms, sort of a cotton waffle-weave. i have been wanting something light weight and absorbent. my mom called housekeeping and they had some for sale and they delivered it to our room. :cloud9: they said they are switching all of them over to the terry cloth ones soon. those are really nice, but just not what i was looking for.

bethclayton-I am so grateful I got a couple of those cotton waffleweave robes with matching slippers. Simply told RPC that I was interested in them and they had some new ones in plastic bags sent up to our room, too! :cloud9:
Only way to do it!

minniesota- ahhhhhhh! :goodvibes Your pictures make me feel like I am right there! I love the shops at the GF!
Thank you for posting these! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter