ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Gotta do replies over on my TR, too. So I'm gonna keep this brief.

But hey, what's a Trip Report without a little drama?

You teach them and you teach them and when they finally leave the nest, it's so gratifying to see them apply the lessons you've taught them.

AoA is a brand spanking new one which theoretically makes it devoid of bedbugs.

Annnnnnnd.... magic killed.

It also has the pool that gives me the most space to flee from splashing kids. Unless I start to splash more, and then it gives the other adults who don't know how to have fun space to find somewhere else to complain and pout.

:laughing:

I am really looking forward to this resort, but am now kinda wishing I'd have chosen the Cars area,

You know you don't have to take the room they assign you on arrival, right?
Simply ask them for what they have available in Cars and pick.

Who doesn't want the option of walking a short distance and seeing zebras and giraffes?

Meh. I gots two doggies. I see animals every morning.

:rolleyes2

Or people watch. That's always fun too!

::yes::

I know you're already bursting with anticipation.

Actually... Yes!

probably a few rants,

Hopefully just a few.

it's time to celebrate!

It most definitely is!

Following along!

Wonderful to have you along for the ride! :welcome::welcome::welcome: I will try to keep things moving once I get back with stories and oodles of pictures!

OMG no! Fran has sometimes resorted to cortisone shots when she is off her RA meds. Maybe it's cause she has "more padding" than you , but she never said that it hurt.

I see the Chiropractor on Mon and Fri. As long as I don't have something grievously wrong, it's actually a personal training, strength training session. Long story but at least I have a workout built in twice a week.

It is possible? I have heard that most folks find them extremely painful, so I'm glad she can get through them without much.

So glad you're getting some exercise and training in! So important to keep our bodies moving and working!

She'll probably make an appearance. She does like her margaritas so that might help draw her in.

It'll be nice to meet her too!

What did you play? :hyper:

I played piccolo in marching band, and either flute or oboe in symphonic. I sorta did both on and off of those 2. Then, one year, I was drum major for our school- that was FUN!!!

I've been playing the @pkondz game convincing myself I'm not going. I hope I don't show up in long johns.

Who am I kidding? We don't own long Johns in So Cal. :lmao:

:rotfl2:

We've had our woodstove going for a couple of days now; been awfully rainy and blustery. Fall is definitely here now.

I could give you the recipe. At least the 1900 Park Fare version. It's rather easy, very good, but certainly not low cal. :rotfl2:

I imagine there is a bunch of cream in it along with the otherwise healthy berries. :thumbsup2

Well, that was easy.
Maybe I should try to convince you to do some other stuff too.

Hmmm..... let's test it before I start with outrageous requests....

I know.

Go to the Florida Keys!

Ok! Sure! Just made a rental car reservation tonight for there, so I guess I'll take Keys for $100 Alex.

I'm sitting here nervously looking over my shoulder as it's snowing heavily not too far north and also snowing to the west of us.

I'd rather be doing that than looking at my computer screen and seeing a BIG FAT HUGE RED CIRCLE bearing down on Central Florida.

Has Mikki checked to see if Uber picks up at the airport, Orlando? I was doing some research and thought they were not allowed. Options were take a shuttle to airport hotel and then pick up there. But maybe it has changed. Have a great time!

Now she's saying that she's going to take the Holiday Inn Shuttle there and Uber from there. She's been doing her research! YAY!

I know Uber just got permission to go to LAX, so it's worth looking into.

Portland gave them a hard time too, but they're in the market now. Not sure if they are doing the airport, but at least they are in the city now.

You're too calm now.

PANIC!!!!!

I just got my hair done. Now I have to go to Disney, even if I have to walk there.

Annnnnnnddddd.... a little part of me just died.

Which part?

Gotta do replies over on my TR, too. So I'm gonna keep this brief.

And that you did! Hope you dragged your carcass to bed where it clearly belonged tonight.

You teach them and you teach them and when they finally leave the nest, it's so gratifying to see them apply the lessons you've taught them.

Some of us learn well.

Annnnnnnd.... magic killed.

I can do even better than that. ;)

You know you don't have to take the room they assign you on arrival, right?
Simply ask them for what they have available in Cars and pick.

I'd better leave well enough alone. It's the outside landscaping that is better, not the rooms and I can see that by just walking through it.

Meh. I gots two doggies. I see animals every morning.

:rolleyes2

I got to see a goat every morning too, and the magic sort of wore off. Maybe the zebras will get boring after a couple nights too.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

So excited for you! You're reminding me of TGMR. Hope you have a great time. This storm should be moving on by then. We were there immediately after Ivan. You will be surprised how the city shows signs of Hurricane past all around, and once you pass the magic gste you can hardly notice. Disney knows how to recover quickly!

Okay here are my guesses:
Flights = 40
Drinks = 75
Shopping = 65
HM = 72
Top 10 = 50
Trans = 50
Misc = 50

Here's to a marvelously fabulous trip, and I have a bonus question I will answer for you - you and Mike will have a great time in the Keys!

Can't wait to follow along! By the time you folks head out there, Matthew should be history. :)

:rotfl2:

We've had our woodstove going for a couple of days now; been awfully rainy and blustery. Fall is definitely here now.

We don't usually see Fall temps until well into November. October is usually blazing hot, and today is no exception, highs in Long Beach are projected for 87 today. :faint:

I imagine there is a bunch of cream in it along with the otherwise healthy berries. :thumbsup2

Pretty much, with some sour cream. I don't remember if there is sugar in there as well.

We don't usually see Fall temps until well into November. October is usually blazing hot, and today is no exception, highs in Long Beach are projected for 87 today. :faint:

Pretty much, with some sour cream. I don't remember if there is sugar in there as well.

Sour Cream? Berries? Sugar? What is this you speak of? Recipe please!!!!

Okay, watching this Matthew thing approach, and they are saying flooding for the weekend - now I am worried for you. Updates on the Travel Agent site are saying they are continuing to operate as normal - updated a few minutes ago. They are not charging fees to cancel or change. I am so praying you get to pull this off - looks like the whole state will be under water at least through tomorrow.

Congratulations on your graduation from Nursing School. What a wonderful graduation present. I wish you safe travels and wonderful family memories.

Will it let me post a link? It's called Mrs. Mac's Kitchen. It's in Key Largo and I think they have a couple of locations. The key lime pie is to die for (if you are into that) but the Key Lime Freeze...oh man...it's like key lime pie blended up into a drinkable form...and soooo good. I want one now. So yes...if you have the time...do go. Oh and the rest of the stuff on the menu is really good too - very casual road sidey goodness.

Sour Cream? Berries? Sugar? What is this you speak of? Recipe please!!!!

It's the Strawberry soup at 1900 Park Fare. Very excellent, we make sure to dine there every trip. Usually at breakfast but we have tried dinner there which was also good and a different set of characters.

Ok! Sure! Just made a rental car reservation tonight for there, so I guess I'll take Keys for $100 Alex.

It works!

Now... what shall I get you to do.... Hmmmm.....

I'd rather be doing that than looking at my computer screen and seeing a BIG FAT HUGE RED CIRCLE bearing down on Central Florida.

you win.... unfortunately.

I just got my hair done. Now I have to go to Disney, even if I have to walk there.

Which part?

The best part.

And that you did! Hope you dragged your carcass to bed where it clearly belonged tonight.

Pretty much. But still beat.
I think I need to get more than just one night with 8 hours.

I can do even better than that. ;)

You've done enough!

I'd better leave well enough alone. It's the outside landscaping that is better, not the rooms and I can see that by just walking through it.

Just givin' ya options.

I got to see a goat every morning too, and the magic sort of wore off. Maybe the zebras will get boring after a couple nights too.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

It's the Strawberry soup at 1900 Park Fare. Very excellent, we make sure to dine there every trip. Usually at breakfast but we have tried dinner there which was also good and a different set of characters.

Thanks for that!

yum! Thank you! We love 1900 too, but we've only been for dinner

So excited for you! You're reminding me of TGMR. Hope you have a great time. This storm should be moving on by then. We were there immediately after Ivan. You will be surprised how the city shows signs of Hurricane past all around, and once you pass the magic gste you can hardly notice. Disney knows how to recover quickly!

It's getting so super close now! Friday: work, Saturday: last minute stuff, Sunday: brunch with my Nursing Besties, and then TRAVEL!!! GO TIME!!!

Disney has a team specifically FOR this; I'm not worried!

Okay here are my guesses:
Flights = 40
Drinks = 75
Shopping = 65
HM = 72
Top 10 = 50
Trans = 50
Misc = 50

All noted!!

Here's to a marvelously fabulous trip, and I have a bonus question I will answer for you - you and Mike will have a great time in the Keys!

YES WE WILL! (If it's not underwater!)

Can't wait to follow along! By the time you folks head out there, Matthew should be history. :)

You made it!!!!!!!! :welcome:. So glad you're here! I'm happy to have you follow along. :) I'm hoping it's out to sea and won't double back into Florida. Although, if it does... emptier parks for mmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Taking the opportunity to wish you a fabulous trip! I look forward to reading all about it!

Thanks, again, Lessa!!!!! I will be sure to collect lots of stories and take lots of pictures!

Good night, Matilda! That sounds like Spring in a bowl. I should do that this May!

Have fun drinking the alphabet!!!

You KNOW it, Baby!

Okay, watching this Matthew thing approach, and they are saying flooding for the weekend - now I am worried for you. Updates on the Travel Agent site are saying they are continuing to operate as normal - updated a few minutes ago. They are not charging fees to cancel or change. I am so praying you get to pull this off - looks like the whole state will be under water at least through tomorrow.

I'm still hoping there will be some normalcy returned by Monday and Tuesday. It's DELAYED flights I'm worried about! Keep me posted! I have very little time to keep watching. Long shift tomorrow and stuff I have to take care of.

Congratulations on your graduation from Nursing School. What a wonderful graduation present. I wish you safe travels and wonderful family memories.

OH WOW!!! I'm so happy you're here! I hope you enjoy the banter and join in! We love new faces, so :welcome::welcome:!!

Will it let me post a link? It's called Mrs. Mac's Kitchen. It's in Key Largo and I think they have a couple of locations. The key lime pie is to die for (if you are into that) but the Key Lime Freeze...oh man...it's like key lime pie blended up into a drinkable form...and soooo good. I want one now. So yes...if you have the time...do go. Oh and the rest of the stuff on the menu is really good too - very casual road sidey goodness.

Well if Islamorada isn't underwater we'll be sure to find how to get there and CONSUUUUUUUUUUUME one!!!

It works!

Now... what shall I get you to do.... Hmmmm.....

I can take pretty pictures. I can write mediocre stories, hang out during night shifts, and invite you guys to dinner. For starters.

you win.... unfortunately.

Winner, winner, Matthew's not thinner!!!!

Pretty much. But still beat.
I think I need to get more than just one night with 8 hours.

Doesn't take long to catch up with you getting less.

Just givin' ya options.

Options are wonderful!

yum! Thank you! We love 1900 too, but we've only been for dinner

Never been! That needs to change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter