The 1st Annual DIS Cruise Line Boards Awards: Categories and Nominations please!

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL

<font color=red>Bludgers...nasty little buggers, b
Why hello everyone!!!! I hope you are all having a good day!!!!
So I've been thinking...is anyone else up for The DIS Cruise Line awards??? Awards going out to different catgories like 'Biggest Heart' and 'Most Memorable Tag Plea' or something like that? If you are up for it, please let me know!!! You can either post a reply or a PM with category ideas and nominations. Categories will not be accepted after 1/25. Nominations are asked to all be entered by 2/15. Voting will cease on 2/28 and the winners will be announced 2/29.

Okay...categories and nominations so far...
OFFICIAL ENTERTAINER: Fidelio/Dueling Pianos
Biggest Heart: Veranda Man
Funniest Responses: Buckaroo's Dad (WE MISS YOU!!!)
Biggest Fish: jgalecpa
Biggest Shrimp Eater: Rae519
Most Memorable Tag Plea: n/a
Best Signature: n/a
Most Helpful: Kcashner, Veranda Man
Best DIS Friends: GRAYFAL, Hannosmom, Figment52
Best Smilies: Nick, Cindy
Best Supporting Websites: Barb and Tony's, Dave's
Most Experienced: inkkognito
The Worst Weather Man: Izzinmac
Best All Around Worker: SNelsonBrown
Best Disney Angel in Disguise: Mr. Matt Ouimett :wave2:
Touched Our Hearts the Most: Nathan 'Veranda Boy' Page and his family

Anymore? Nominations and categories both excepted!

SPECIAL NOTE TO TAG FAIRY/FAIRIES: Might you possibly award the winners with a tag saying the category and year?????

Great idea, Rory.

By the way, any news on whether you will be cruising with us at Halloween?

I love the idea.

I hereby nominate Verandah Man (Andy) for biggest heart!

Jim

PS: I've not abandoned the Boards, it's tax time already. See you more after April 15th

Originally posted by jgalecpa
I love the idea.

Jim

PS: I've not abandoned the Boards, it's tax time already. See you more after April 15th

Jim,

Did you have to mention that "T" word. I do all my families "T" every year and I can't believe it's time again already, say it ain't so!!! I just started getting all my info together.

Originally posted by jgalecpa
I love the idea.

Jim

BIGGEST :earseek: Fish!
Loved your trip report:jester:

I nominate RAE519.........biggest shrimp eater!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by LAMPSKIES
I nominate RAE519.........biggest shrimp eater!!!!!!!!!!

I second that nomination!!! As Rae would say, "Stay away from the shrimp!!!"

I nominate the Page Family for having the Largest impact on our hearts! :hug:

I also nominate...........Izzinmac as THE WORST weatherman!!!!! He predicted 73 and sunny for our 11/29/03 Eastern sailaway party, and it was 50 and windy!!!

Oh I wish that he was our weather man!!! We're supposed to go on an outside retreat on Sat...predicted temp...20!!!!!!!! WE're in FLORIDA!!!

how about the disney angel in disguise, who can now be revealed as no other than Mr. Matt Ouimett,
if there was ever to be a true hero on this board who looked for NO glory or limelight it would be him, he has beind the scenes done so much for so many and never looked back for a thank you.. He is my hero and no one else can compare..........

Matt Ouimett? Suddenly now it all seems obvious to me...for he's been so kind to me and the rest of us! I'll be sure to give him a special award!

I will also duplicate Tinkerbellpixie4goal's nominations.

Verandah Man's example of unselfishlessness, kindness and love is amazing! He is such an uplifting and caring person! His family and friends are lucky to have such a great man!

The Page family has touched so many of us with Nates story and they have touched so many hearts on how Awesome our God is and how He has helped them through this difficult time! "We can Only Imagine" what are life will be like when we meet Him in person.

Shirley, I hope we have time to meet you in 2 weeks before our cruise! You have such a wealth of Floridian knowledge! Thank you for all you do!

Dave, Barb and Tony your sites are awesome! I feel like I almost know everything - now if I can just remember it!

Jim - my husband is going to try and beat your fish record! Sorry you have to do that tax stuff - maybe you could reward yourself with a cruise when it is finished??

Rae - I haven't told my husband yet about the shrimp - I have to keep some surprises for him!

Izzinmac - I don't want to know what the weather is going to be like in 2 weeks in FL - I know it won't be 5 degrees, snowing and -10 wind chill like it is here right now!

I think most of the members on this board should be nominated for their respect for one another and how enjoyable it is to read such upbeat info!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

How 'bout Verandahman for his _____(fill in the blank) cams!! No matter who you are or when you sail........if you post a "live from....." he alway has a picture from a cam posted for you!!!

I accept the nomination and will do my best to keep my title!

God bless you all!

Rae

(And stay away from my shrimp!)

Editted to add:

I nominate Fidelio/Dueling Pianos as the official entertainer of the First Annual DIS Cruise LIne Board Awards.

I nominate GRAYFAL. she is the best person full of idea a DISer can have. she is full of ideas and cant wait to meet with her on our cruise. in fact there is also Hannosmom AKA Grandma LOL. these are 2 great people i want to nominate from the bottom of my heart

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter