The 1st Annual DIS Cruise Line Boards Awards: Categories and Nominations please!

and the Best Smileys goes to .......lol
Nick and Cindy .....

i vote for the Page family also.....

and Andy..........

Disney Executive That Makes a Difference: Matt O. He did a great job with DCL creating the magic and making it happen on a very personal level. He is now hard a work restoring the magic to Walt's park - Disneyland:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

ditto to everything so far but lets us not forget.....

the fabulous crews of the Magic and the Wonder. Without them we could never enjoy and love DCL the way we do.

Originally posted by figment52
ditto to everything so far but lets us not forget.....

the fabulous crews of the Magic and the Wonder. Without them we could never enjoy and love DCL the way we do.

Here!!! Here!!! Three Cheers for the CM's!!!

I vote for hannosmom because she's my mom

i vote for rea519 the shrimp eater

and verandrah man for helping others on the disboards

In honor of all fisherman world wide, I hereby accept this nomination.

pirate:

Jim

Honestly, I did not force her (ChiChiHoney) to do it!! But I guess now I can let her out of the closet and give her some dinner. :teeth:

Thanks KY, that was very sweet and thank-you my little angel, you are the best daughter!

How about a category of BEST CRUISE LINE?
I nominate Disney Cruise Line.

Great idea Rory.
I know it's cold there, but it is colder here! Trade ya! :teeth:

Jan :earsgirl:

My vote for most helpful is Three Circles. Always had an answer to my many questions before my first DCL cruise last November. And, those answers were all right-on.

Thanks guys!!!

Diane

THREE cheers for Three Circles!
(Love ya' boys!)

Momma Rae

I wouldn't even begin to know what category to put two who started it all and that is Peter Werner and John Magi - I do not know John personally tho I have always hears nothing but nice things about him, but I do know Pete - he agreed to do something that even tho he is very good at, caught him completely by surprise, but Mrs. Grissom (widow of Gus Grisson - Apollo one) asked me for help this year in organizing the memorial this coming Tuesday, January 27th which will make 37 years since the tragedy happened - I called on Pete and asked him if he would speak and he was honored that I thought of him, but then a great problem appeared and it was that I needed a MOC - I called Pete and even tho he was nervous, he agreed tho he couldn't understand why he was bestowed this honor - so Pete I nominate you for coming through for all of the heros that just didn't make it home from space and thank you for being there to help me make it easier for the Grissom family.
Thanks for the honor of being nominate, but there are others that are very well deserving - also I would like to add Matt - D.A.I.D - you are right - he never let anyone down that he knew was well deserving of his help - to me he is also a hero in disguise. Andy - what I can - he is always there regardless - Barb and Tony how well deserving and Dave also - he never misses a chance to check out everything here with a fine tooth comb and report back on his findings - his maps etc have been a God sent to so many - Rae - now she is a stitch - had a chance to meet her, her mom and Michael - what a pleasure - Jim - Norm could also beat you on fish tales - remember he is a conch and did more fishing in the ocean that I have lives - you and he will have to get together someday. BD's oh my gosh do we miss your smiles of post - the Page family - they are awesome - I can go on and on and on and I still could not comment on everyone that I feel is a great candidate for every category that anyone could come up with. Anyhow I have "talked" enough so leave it as is.
Thanks again
much love
Shirley

Shirley, you always have a nice word for everyone, a big smile and bigger hug - you and Norm go out of your way for both Disney and non-Disney folks, so if there was any one real reward, it would go hands down to you - as the BEST FRIEND anyone could ever have.

Much love,
Rae

Originally posted by rae519
Shirley, you always have a nice word for everyone, a big smile and bigger hug - you and Norm go out of your way for both Disney and non-Disney folks, so if there was any one real reward, it would go hands down to you - as the BEST FRIEND anyone could ever have.

Much love,
Rae

I second that Rae!!! Shirley is "The Perfect Gift" of the DIS, handsdown!!!

I definitely agree with all of the nominations so far but I would love to add one. Jgalepca, Jim, (ok, the fish man, LOL) has such a way with words. Jim, do you moonlight for Hallmark or what? You always know the right words to say to people on here.

Andy, Verandahman, you have to be the most caring and most busy poster on here. Between capturing the pics for everyone and taking care of postcards, you always have a kind word for everyone.

Shirley, its already been said. Kindness is your middle name.

Pagehouse, you have touched us all and we definitely have all learned from you.

I am so glad I found this place prior to my first cruise.
Thank you all for being so helpful.
::MinnieMo

I had the opportunity to meet our DAID when we took our very first Disney Cruise in August 2000. It wasn't until later that I realized that the "Matt" that I was talking to and who I included in my trip report was none other than the President of DCL. He did a great job with DCL and I know that he'll do great things for Disneyland. We'll miss you Matt.

As for nominations, I can't disagree with any that I've seen so far. And since it's been a couple years since I've cruised (sniff, sniff), I'll rely on the rest of your judgement. Of all the folks mentioned so far, I've only had the pleasure of meeting with Barb and Tony. Someday I hope to meet the rest of the nominees.

I agree that VM deserves accolades for the webcam photos he regularly provides for us!

The CMs definitely belong on this list....they are what keep us coming back!

Disney should be here for there perserverance in providing the BEST in entertainment whatever they do!

Rae for her enthusiasm for everything DCL!

Barb and Tony for the best website ever!!!

Thx to all for the great memories!!!

What a fun idea!!! I agree with all of the above (easiest way to go about it)

New Category -

Most Honest (tell it like it is) - Tie between Rae and AnnMorin!
Love it!!! They usually say what I am too afraid to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter