the 1-800 number is down!!

called the 407 number and got right through. I did have a 6 minute wait but at least I was connected.

I felt the need to add this for the sake of the newbies.

This day by day booking you see recommended here on the Dis is really a huge factor in this. We have got people believing it is necessary to call each day starting at 11 months. Now instead of 1 call to book a ressie these people are calling for December every day. That 5 day ressie now took 5 phone calls. 5phone calls times the number of people now doing it and you can see the result.

I'll never do it and I'd like to see MS not allow it either. You want to book day by day, fine, you'll simply have to check out and back in every day of your stay. That out to eliminate this practice.:teacher:

I felt the need to add this for the sake of the newbies.

This day by day booking you see recommended here on the Dis is really a huge factor in this. We have got people believing it is necessary to call each day starting at 11 months. Now instead of 1 call to book a ressie these people are calling for December every day. That 5 day ressie now took 5 phone calls. 5phone calls times the number of people now doing it and you can see the result.

I'll never do it and I'd like to see MS not allow it either. You want to book day by day, fine, you'll simply have to check out and back in every day of your stay. That out to eliminate this practice.:teacher:

To the newbies out there Dumbo has no clue if this is true or not. This is only his opinion.

I....(snip)....
No, it wouldn't. It would just make the front desk at the DVC resorts very busy for no good reason.

I would still call day by day at 11 months to get my BWV standard view.

I would not be a happy camper if members were suddenly limited to one call to book a vacation - it would mean that eveyone would not have the same opportunity to book a particular day. Any "rule" that could be implemented to prevent abuse of the "one call rule" would just make MS busier and inconvenience more members.

There is no way MS should be staffed to ensure minimal waits for every peak calling period - it's just too expensive (I've run some very large call centers in the past and have a good understanding of how it works). I am confident that the call center managers are looking at the data/statistics and staffing appropriately - balancing cost vs service. It does take time to hire and train.

Those who aren't making reservations and don't want to wait on hold should call later in the day. There is seldom a wait in the late afternoons mid-week or on Thursday evening.

This is the worst time of year to reach MS. People get together over the holidays and make their plans for the year -- and then start calling to make reservations. We're getting into the bookings for next Christmas at this point too. And, as the original poster said, people are also calling with all kinds of questions related to dues, etc.

Hang in there -- it'll get better soon.

During this past October, November and December, I had to call MS several times to make reservations, etc, and I never had to wait more than 2 mins. Most of the time there wasn't any wait at all. Two days ago I had to call MS to add a day onto a March reservation. The line was busy. This was in the afternoon, and I called several additional times before finally getting thru. The wait time was 12 minutes. During this 12 min wait, it gave me time to figure out why it was so busy..........people calling to make December reservations at the 11 month window. I have read many posts about how fast December fills up, and now I believe it.

I asked the CM if this was indeed the reason why the phone had been busy, and there had been such a long wait time. The answer was yes, and I was also told that January is when many members call to make their August reservations at Vero Beach and Hilton Head, at the 7 month window.

So now I know that when calling in January, I should expect a long wait. I can deal with that. I have several years of experience with call centers, and I know it makes no sense to have extra staff when the call volume does not justify it at the other times of the year. Do you really want to pay more dues for less wait time in January?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter