That "new & improved" Moonlight Magic registration......

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
Wow. THAT'S the fix?

I went through mayhem registering for the California Adventure event a few months ago. It took literally hours.

Then I read that Disney fixed the process and now it's much better.
After my experience this morning registering for the 2/12 Moonlight Magic at Magic Kingdom, I beg to differ.

West coast here, so online at 5:45 am, adding insult to injury. All OK now though. We got in after delays and a lot of waiting for the system to come back up.

I took solace in knowing I must not be the only one since the entire system had to pause for a while. How did you all do?

I tried to get on at 6:00 am but I got kicked offline. Then I went to work and it was 7:45 and just for fun I tried to get in. I had no delay . I entered my member number clicked everything and was done in about 3 minutes. So wonderful.

Well, 6.5 hours after registration opened, I logged in with no problem and had my reservation for the MK event done in under 5 minutes.

I clicked the link in my email at 8:55 and at exactly 9 the screen changed and said 624 were ahead of me. I was totally finished at 9:06.

I truly think the trick here is to NOT log in right when it opens. It's mayhem. Wait a bit, log in and presto-registered.
Once they fixed the bugs it was simple. I will not be caught up in the hysteria of "it's gonna sell out and I won't get a ticket" mess again. Fool me once....

Cautiously optimistic the changed system will be far more ‘fair’ than the prior

That said, was able to do TL, MK, Epcot & mgm but attribute that to more dumb luck than skill

I truly think the trick here is to NOT log in right when it opens. It's mayhem. Wait a bit, log in and presto-registered.
Once they fixed the bugs it was simple. I will not be caught up in the hysteria of "it's gonna sell out and I won't get a ticket" mess again. Fool me once....

Registration this time around is much different though.

Last year was the first full blown attempt at it. There was hysteria about how great it would be and did sell out in less than an hour. If you didn't get in the queue right at opening then you did not get a ticket.

I think many people found the events underwhelming and the demand for tickets is less this year. Plus they may have allowed more tickets released based on how it went last year.

It's great that people were able to get tickets with less stress this year. Hopefully that continues. We had a great time at HS last year and would definitely go again. But I'm sure many others couldn't be bothered. Hopefully the demand has evened out.

Does anyone know if you can do it online at the first time frame if you have a cash reservation? Or do you have to call MS?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter