Thanksgiving Week

Jbausch

Mouseketeer
We are planing 4 days Thanksgiving week. This will be out first time - we usually go to Disney but have cut ties with the greedy mouse.
Does Universal offer traditional Turkey 🦃 day dinners? If so where would the best place to eat be?
Any advice? We are single Mom and two 14 year olds - we love HP - have gone to the WB Studios in London and can’t wait to see HP here. 😊 Thanks in advance

We were at UO last Thanksgiving Day. We went to Islands at RPR for their Thanksgiving dinner. Because Covid protocols were in place, it wasn't a "traditional" dinner. But I'd take a look to see what they offer this year.

Keep in mind that it will be extremely busy that week, so having EPs really helps. I would recommend getting an APH rate at a deluxe resort, but you may be too late for that if you don't already have it booked...

Thank you! Yes we are staying at Royal Pacific for the week with the HP package. We have 4 full days in the park so I am hoping that is enough time for us to ride and see what we want esp with EP passes.
I will check out the menu and see what they have to offer. Thank you for your help!

We will be there that week as well. Doing Disney the week before and Universal the following. It is going to be very busy of course. We received free tickets for the parks so said why not although I had large crowds and lines. Was wondering the same as you for the early morning entry into the parks and having express pass. I imagine that will help a little.

Been before and dinner would be great at one of the hotel resort restaurants for sure. The Kitchen at the Hard Rock or the restaurant over at the Portofino would be where I would go.

Thank you. As you with Disney we have to make reservations 180 days out - do we need to do the same for Universal?
we usually go to Disney every other Thanksgiving but we have always found the crowds manageable - as long as we have fast passes and are flexible.

Thank you. As you with Disney we have to make reservations 180 days out - do we need to do the same for Universal?
we usually go to Disney every other Thanksgiving but we have always found the crowds manageable - as long as we have fast passes and are flexible.

Disney is now 60 days out with their ADR and that was a mess to get reservations. As for Universal, you don't. You make reservations as soon as you can though. This is a good resource for reservations:

https://www.themeparkprofessor.com/2021/01/universal-orlando-dining-reservations-101/
You can also check out OpenTable.

The hotel restaurants typically serve the Thanksgiving fare, as well as Hard Rock Cafe in City Walk and Palm at Hard Rock Hotel.

I highly recommend Thanksgiving dinner at The Kitchen at the HRH. Not sure if they will be doing it buffet style or family style like they did last year. Either way, it is fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter