• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving meal

soreadytogo

Earning My Ears
Where are you eating your Thanksgiving meal @ wdw
I need some ideas?
I have also been told to avoid MK this day.
Need some veteran advice.

This will be our first Thanksgiving at WDW but having spent New Years Eve at Disney last year this is what worked out well for us.

We also wanted to avoid the MK and eat either where we were staying or within walking distance so we didn't have to rely on transportation. I'm hoping the crowds at Thanksgivng won't be as bad as New Years :rolleyes:

This year we'll be at the Swan for Thanksgiving. We plan to spend the day in Epcot. I've made a PS for breakfast at PSB in Norway and we're having dinner at LeCellier in Canada. After Illuminations we won't have to fight the crowds. We can take our time and walk back to the Swan.

Where are you staying? Remember the 90 mark to make your Thanksgiving PS was yesterday Aug.29th. You should try and make your PS as soon as possible. If not you might be stuck with either a very late PS or counter service. I hope this helps.

I just talked to dining late this afternoon to make some PS for the Friday after Thanksgiving and the CM that I talked to asked if we wanted to make any PS for Thanksgiving day if we had not already done so. There were still openings left at reasonable times at both the Dolphin and Swan for Thanksgiving. But my DH and I are driving down from PA the day before and decided that we are just going to take it easy on Thanksgiving and avoid the restaurant crowds by ordering room service. :D

soreadytogo,

You are in a perfect spot. You have all the restaurants in both the Swan and Dolphin plus the YC, BC and on the BW. You can also choose from all the countries in the WS. Each have a wonderful selection. Just call Disney Dining to see whats available and decide what time you'd like to eat. All are within walking distance. I believe most will have a special menu for Thanksgiving as well as their normal offerings. Hope this helps :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter