Thanksgiving dinner today at Kona Cafe

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Kona Cafe is always so good. ::yes::

Today we each had the traditional Thanksgiving Day turkey feast ($19.99 per person).

We debated as we thought, carved turkey. Yeah, good and traditional, but....

We both were very glad to have chosen Kona Cafe for today's dinner.

The meal included:
* fresh baked Coconut bread served before the meal
* carved turkey (light and dark meat) covered with yummy, creamy gravy
* mashed potatoes
* sweet potatoes (seasoned with cinnamon and cut into cubes)
* crispy, fresh tasting stir fried green beans (Tasted liked snow peas. Looked like peas in the pod.)
* yummy, sweet, small dab of cranberries/oranges or tangerines. (Tasted like candied orange slices. VERY tasty.)
* dressing
* small pumpkin tart

Very good. We expected good food. But it tasted even better than we expected. And we did not think the price was bad considering a dessert was included. Plenty of food.
Kona Cafe would not have been our first choice. But we were glad we went there for Thanksgiving Day dinner!
:cheer2:

Thanks for the review. We are trying to decide whether or not to eat here on our next trip.

Thanks for the review. We have never been at WDW for Thanksgiving Day but Kona would be high on my list. What would have been your first choice?

I was thinking something more traditional, like Garden Grill.
But after last night, I was very pleased.
I don''t care much about character dining anyway.

I was surprised even OHana's for dinner had almost the same menu.
We mentioned THAT would have disappointed us -- to plan OHana's and not had their usual dinner. (I did take an OHana's Thanksgiving Day menu.)
For us, OHana's is unique. I am sure the food was good yesterday. But we would have wanted OHana's for the shrimp and etc. Not a traditional turkey dinner. We just don't think of OHana's and turkey. ;) :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter