Thanksgiving Cocktails

I have no idea how people got home. My moms side of the family was Irish.
Hmm - not sure if that is offensive or not ;)

Same thing here - it was a different time.
In "its a wonderful life" - he is drunk driving and hits a tree and for the most part no one is bothered he is drunk driving , More concerned he could have damaged the tree. Even the cop is not all that bothered.

Beer wine and Mai Tais. The 1944 style Mai Tai not the resort Mai Tais.
I need this recipe pls!

We hang out with my husbands sister and her fam a lot, so we usually keep what we know they like at the house anyway. So beer, Makers Mark, a couple different wines, and a couple rums plus whatever anyone else wants to bring. Depends on who all is present how much any of us will drink. Some family requires more to deal with them lol

I need this recipe pls!

We hang out with my husbands sister and her fam a lot, so we usually keep what we know they like at the house anyway. So beer, Makers Mark, a couple different wines, and a couple rums plus whatever anyone else wants to bring. Depends on who all is present how much any of us will drink. Some family requires more to deal with them lol
This guy makes a pretty good one - there are a ton of arguments over the rum as you cant get the rum they used way back then. They did a very small batch recreation and it was like $1000 a bottle and you cant get it.

Overall its pretty simple:
2oz or 60ml Aged Jamaican Rum ( I like to use 1oz Smith & Cross and 1oz Clement)
.75oz or 20ml Orange Curacao (Pierre Ferrand is worth the extra cost IMO)
1oz or 30ml Lime Juice (Fresh is nice - but not always convenient)
.5oz or 15ml Orgeat (I make my own - but you can buy some good ones - it's just not cheap)
Lime Wheel and Mint Sprig Garnish

He goes into too much detail some times - but I like that - he has redone the 1944 several times.

Also like this guy - and he has done the Mai Tai many times and many versions

This is the "cheat" I use for orgeat and it can be done with macadamia as well

Last edited:
I usually go by the Hippopotomai-tai recipe for proportions, but will use any brand of nicer rums (not regular Bacardi for me) and curacao (use blue if you want it to look pretty, Pierre Ferrand dry for best flavor). I go a little lighter on the agave because I like it less sweet.

• 1 oz lime juice
  • 0.5 oz agave nectar (2 pumps)
  • 0.5 oz orgeat syrup (2 pumps)
  • 0.5 oz Orange Curacao
  • 1 oz Coruba Dark Rum
  • 1 oz Bacardi Rum

We have wine at every family gathering, usually a mixture of red and white, and hopefully a few bottles of the family favorite. People usually bring some craft beer, often something new or unusual. For Thanksgiving, we also do apple cider mimosas. For non-alcoholic beverages, we have seltzer and regular water.

We don’t usually do cocktails per se, for holiday dinners. We do a neighborhood party most years and for that, we’ll make some sort of specialty cocktail.

But for things like thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, just beer, wine and other nonalcoholic drinks.

I don’t think I’ve been to a family get together that didn’t involve alcohol although I am not a big drinker myself. There will be several types of wine at Thanksgiving, definitely beer and probably some whiskey as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter