Test

There is no resort-to-resort transportation - no matter what sort of dining reservations you have. You can:

1. Go to a park and get transportation from there (going from POP to EPCOT and catching a monorail is not a bad suggestion at all and is probably what I would have done - you need to give yourself about 1 1/2 hours to do resort-to-resort Disney transportation).

2. Drive if you have a car.

3. Get a taxi.

4. Plan your dining reservations in a way that lets you go from park-resort without messing with trying to find a way to do resort-to-resort Disney transportation.

The dining reservation people are very clear that, using Disney transportation, you need to allow for plenty of time to make your reservation. They are also very clear that park admission is not included with dining reservations.

They don't take the credits if you don't eat at the restaurant.

I totally and 100% agree with the other posters. It definitely sounds as if she was running late to begin with and had very little to no knowledge of where she was going. This is the responsibility of a traveler to any location; you just need to know where you are going after you plan something like this.

This definitely sounds as if a CM is being blamed for one's trying to catch a fish from the air.

They told her to get t the contemporary to go to epcot and take a monorail to Contemporary which got them there an hour too late and they didn't seat them.

Not trying to flame anyone, but there is a point of where what you 'want' as compensation might not be what is warranted. It is unfortunate that she was late for her ADR, but is you don't know where you are going, you should leave early. They did give her OK directions....

Didn't get an explanation on how she 'missed' a park....but maybe the OP meant they didn't make rope drop, etc.

Its unfortunate, but I don't see the major problems here on Disney's part. How many people miss their ADR or are late because the bus wasn't 'right' there, etc.

I guess I missed something but I don't see how this interfered with time in the parks. :confused3 But at least she did get FP and hopefully will enjoy the rest of her trip!:goodvibes

Terri

1) Absolutely!
2) People who are mistreated or receive wrong info deserve extra FREE nights!
miss an ADR, get a free night
wait too long in a line, get a free night
take the wrong way, get a free night
receive a late wake up call, get a free night​
3) After all, fair is fair.

Ok lets see... just in the last 6 months
CM wrote the wrong room number on my map at check in = (1 free night)
CM send me to THREE rooms that had not been cleaned = (3 free nights)
CM gave wrong info on non dairy ice cream in the park = (1 free night)

So who do I talk to to get my free nights? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously, mistakes happen and they can be frustrating. But I would not let them "ruin" a vacation. If I make an ADR, I make sure I know how to get to the location. Like another poster said taxis are available at all the resorts if you are "running late" to make it to a ADR.

I hope the OPs family is able to enjoy their vacation.

There is no resort-to-resort transportation - no matter what sort of dining reservations you have. You can:

1. Go to a park and get transportation from there (going from POP to EPCOT and catching a monorail is not a bad suggestion at all and is probably what I would have done - you need to give yourself about 1 1/2 hours to do resort-to-resort Disney transportation).

2. Drive if you have a car.

3. Get a taxi.

4. Plan your dining reservations in a way that lets you go from park-resort without messing with trying to find a way to do resort-to-resort Disney transportation.

The dining reservation people are very clear that, using Disney transportation, you need to allow for plenty of time to make your reservation. They are also very clear that park admission is not included with dining reservations.

They don't take the credits if you don't eat at the restaurant.

ITA.... :thumbsup2

It's the responsibility of the Guest to get to the Restaurant ontime! This includes, allowing a little extra time for 'mishaps' thus delaying one.

I cannot believe how crazy so many of us have gotten in what we expect from Disney just because they are Disney! A little wake up call is in order IMO

I am in agreeance with the other posters. I'm sorry your sister didn't make her ADR, but it doesn't sound like she was prepared to get there in the time allotted - and that makes it her fault (sorry no flames intended) and no one else's. I was on my Disneymoon with DH and we missed our ADR's for The Brown Derby because we were running late coming from another park and we were advised to take a bus to our resort rather than to to T&TC. When we arrived they said we could wait for a table for 2 hours, but unfortunately we missed our seating. It was totally our fault and while we were upset, we had to suck it up and eat at a CS that night. I was disappointed, but I didn't let it ruin my park plans or the remainder of my trip - and by no means did I expect to get a free night because I missed my ADR. However, I did expect a free night when the CBR staff lost our reservation and had nothing available for that night - the had us stay at POFQ for the night at their expense & then we got an extra 2 complimentary night stay at CBR w/ 2 extra WH (world hopper passes), a bottle of champagne nd strawberries with 1/2 dozen roses waitin in our CBR room with a beautiful pic of Mickey & Minnie & change in flight all at their expense. They more than made up for their mistake - but not because we missed our ADR.

Sorry to here about what happened to your sister, but stuff like this happens. I'm sure they are asked thousands of questions a day and once in a while a CM will give bad informaton. I have had this happened as well, and went to the parks later than I wanted, but still had a great time. I made sure from that time on, that I looked at the maps the night before so I knew how to get there.

While I too feel bad for your sister, I think that the directions given by the CM were not incorrect based on the fact that the POP is closer to Epoct than it is to the MK. Those of us in the know would take the longer bus trip to the MK and then either walk or take the monorail to the CR.
I know most of the time the CMs that are taking the dining reservations will tell you to allow plenty of time to get to your restaurant, generally they will tell you at least 45 minutes.
Taking the bus to Epcot and then the monorail to the TTC and then the resort monorail to the CR while the long way to go should not have made her over an hour late for her reservation, it certainly would not take 2 hours to make this trip. It does appear that she may have been late in leaving already?? But of course I do not know for sure.
But given the information that has been provided I do not see where she should be entitled to a free nights stay

Come on people!
It's obviously Disney's fault ~ they didn't let her use the teleportation device when she asked how to get there 5 minuted before her reservation time.

Free night and park tickets :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This is not Disney's fault! I'm sorry, but there is no reason for your sister to be blaming Disney for her missed ADR. It's not the CM's fault that she didn't know where she was going, or give herself enough time to get there.

ok i just have to be another person saying it's not Disney's fault. I know it doesnt happen NEARLY as often as it should, but I think that all travelers need to know in advance where they are going and how to get there in time. When I made ADRs a couple years ago, the lady on the phone said your reservation is at _____ time and the park opens at _____ time. PLease allow _____ minutes for travel time to the park, if not more incase something unexpected comes up.

I work at a hotel and if someone accidently gave someone wrong directions to somewhere and they missed their reservation somewhere but insisted on a free night stay, the MOST we would do is appoligize and offer them a free meal on the house probably with their choice of dessert. If they wanted a free night because if it, the manager would tell them we were sold out for the night and then go in the back and laugh his butt off.

All I know is.. when my boyfriend and I went to the CR from POP it took us about 45 minutes to get there. This included the wait for the bus to MK, then walking from MK to CR (it's like a 20 monorail ride otherwise).

Forty five minutes is definitly not enough time. It is not Disney's fault that your sister didnt have better time managment skills. Disney is not there to time manage people. She should have left much much earlier and allowed time for travel hang-ups.

She left 45 min before her reservation!!!!!!!!!!
Leaving 45 min ahead of time is not a guaranteed time to get to a restaurant its a guideline that needs to be adjusted accordingly. Going from POP to the Contemporary she probably should have given herself more time, especially as this is MLK weekend which is quite a busy time at WDW. So as others have posted this is her problem- she didn't give herself enough time to get to where she was going and if there was a concern she should have considered taking a taxi.

<<where she was miss directed twice (Name Tat said earning my eras)>>

I understand the question/post but what on earth does the above say exactly?? "Name Tat said earning my eras" ??????? :confused3 :confused3

What on earth??

We feel bad for your sister and know how much it stinks when your plans don't work out while at Walt Disney World like you wanted them to, but leaving 45 min before ADR is cutting it a little close specially during a time where the parks and buses tend to be more crowded.

Last time I was there and had an ADR I was told to be there atleast 30 min prior to the reservation to make sure you are there on time. Sometimes for whatever reason it can take 45 min to get from one of the resorts to Magic Kingdom. Last time I had to wait once for aa bus atleast 30 min to go from the resort to Magic Kingdom.

It is not the castmembers fault that she did not get there in time. If she was an hour late for her ADR and she left 45 minutes before that wouldn't that mean she left 15 minutes after her ADR time?:confused3 So she was already late? And now she wants free tickets and rooms?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter