Teppanyaki

sunny04

DIS Veteran
My husband is extremely picky about food, and is quite wary of trying this restaurant. However, I feel like the steak/chicken combo could be split for us and even picky him should like that.....from those of you that have eaten here with picky eaters/children could you tell me if this is a good idea to try?

My niece and nephew are extremely picky eaters, and they both love Teppanyaki. They keep on talking about it two years later. The food was tasty, but not overly spicey. I personally thought the chicken was bland, but the steak was incredible. The presentation is a lot of fun.

Just be warned--you'll smell like the grill the rest of the day.

Karen

Easy choice! The food here pleases my picky eaters (2 DDs) and the presentatin is fun too. Flavors are not real adventurous unless you try the dipping sauces. We love this restaurant.

is there enough food to share? is it all you can eat? do they have portions put aside for ea person and cook those up for us in front of us?

DD-13 and I share meals at Teppanyaki. We've gotten an appetizer, entree and dessert. We leave stuffed. I think the food is really good. It's tasty but not spicy. It's a nice change from other theme park food.

What is the cost for an adult and a child at this restaraunt? I would love to go, we paid for Disney Dining and it isn't included in the plan, so if we are going to pay I'd need to squeeze it into the budget. Is lunch cheaper? How much is lunch?
Lesley

we've had good and just OK meals. the dinner portions are bigger than the lunch, but they are more expensive. it's pretty bland, unless you use the dipping sauces, which I really like. it's a fun meal, you get to interact with people, and the chefs do a good job.

you order and the preportioned meals are brought out to the table where the chef cooks it for the entire group. like a benihana. try it once.

timandlesley - you can look up the menu on allearsnet.com for exact prices, but it ranges. I just scanned through the prices and it looks like at dinner from around $15-26 and lunch from around $11-16.

newholidayx2 said:
is there enough food to share? is it all you can eat? do they have portions put aside for ea person and cook those up for us in front of us?

It's not all you can eat, and I do'nt believe they allow sharing.

Anne

We've shared meals before here w/o any problem...great for picky eaters as you control sauce, etc. Definitely do the steak rather than chicken...it gets dry, IMO. Seafood is good but pricey, too. This is one of our family's traditions!

We love Teppanyaki. My kid's talk about it all the time, and loved using the kid's chopsticks. Makes for great pictures.

We went at lunch, and had more than enough food. A little cheaper than dinner. We shared back, and forth between us, but each ordered our own entree.

Check out the menus at www.allearsnet.com That site is awsome too.

We have four picky eaters!! They LOVED this experience!!! They just sat in amazement while watching the chef cook up their meal right in front of them!!! They LOVED the food and dippin' sauces!! :goodvibes

I just thought it was okay. My BIL on the otherhand thought it was the best meal that he ate the entire trip. I had chicken and I thought it was just so so, and the rice is white and they don't offered fried which is what I love at benihana places. Try it at lunch. For DH and I our dinner was about $60 without alcohol or dessert.

No fried rice??? That may do it for me. That is my favorite part of Bennihana's too. I may just use our lunch voucher for quick and casual that day instead of paying extra for a lunch at Teppanyaki. Thanks for the information, I think that just made up my mind. We'll just go to Bennihana here.

Lesley

our sons love dinning here, in fact on our last trip we were seated with with 3 teenage girls 17,18 and 19 the boys really enjoyed this ( in fact they still get email from time to time) they were over flow from another family table and there parents told them to order off the childrens menu you should have seen the frowns and unhappyness i couldnt take it i called over our waiter and told the girls to get what theyd like our secret and had it added to our bill and not there parents the giggles and smiles durring dinner made it all worth it I just wanted to get out befor there parents got there bill we have yet to have a bad dinner here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter