• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Temperature/Packing in June Questions

misse336

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to Yosemite, San Francisco, and Sequoia in mid-June.

The temperatures that I am seeing are all over the place. I am having problems deciding what to pack. We will be flying so luggage will be somewhat limited, but I don't want to not pack the right things. Can anyone local or familiar with the area give me an idea of what normal temperatures are in mid-June? We will be doing some light/moderate hikes in Yosemite and Sequoia, but nothing too strenuous. We will be doing touristy-type sightseeing in SF.

Any other items that you think would be helpful to pack/have in either of the parks or SF are appreciated.

Layers is always your best bet for Yosemite and particularly San Francisco/Central Coast. Foggy weather is what make the temps seem all over the place. In San Francisco, they can spot the tourists a mile away because they are the ones in newly purchased souvenir hoodies and Sweatshirts 😁
Yosemite can be hot or very cool, particularly in the high meadows along Tioga Pass which peaks at nearly 10,000 feet. The Valley floor is about 4,000 feet. Same thing for SeKi.

The Sierra (Yosemite & Sequoia) will most likely be warm during the day and cooler at night. San Francisco, unless there’s a warm spell, could feel chilly even during the day. If you venture from San Francisco proper into the adjacent communities of the Bay Area away from the bay/ocean marine influence temps will be warmer. Your drive from SF through the Central Valley to the Sierra will be warm and could be hot.
I’d personally pack capris, some long pants, and some shorts (for the Sierra) along w/ tops ranging from sleeveless to long sleeves plus a vest and/or sweater/sweatshirt and a jacket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter