Tempenyaki and CRT help

KJMAX1

DIS Veteran
Not even sure if I spelled it correctly, but should I try to eat at Tempenyaki?? We come from Seattle and we can get great Japanese food here locally but thought we would enjoy it there for a change.

Also, something just sprung in me and we decided to call and see if we could eat lunch at CRT. Low and behold they had an open reservation for one of tha days we are there.....Is the food worth it? Isnt it a two dining credit meal as well??

Both of those -- in my book -- are fun experiences. Teppenyaki is a Benihanna-type, cooking with samauri swords at the table experience. The food's fine.

Is it the finest Japanese food I've ever eaten...naw. Good 1-TS? Yeah, sure.

CRT is a completely different animal. The food is mediocre at best, and it's basically a glorified photo op with the great woman downstairs, followed by lunch upstairs with some mice and an aged Godmother.

HOWEVER...if you have a princess: , it's a must-do once.

I'd certainly pay OOP for CRT, because it doesn't begin to compare with a 1-TS meal at Epcot, much less a 2-TS meal anywhere else.

We frequent Japanese style restaurants all the time at home and we always eat at Teppanyaki. This past July, we ate there and it was delicious! We had a chef from Texas, yes Texas, so some of the authenticity was missing. He was really funny--he used his non-Japanese heritage and joked about it--it was almost like a comedy club experience. He was a very good chef also. One thing they did not do was flame up the grill. I don't know if it was because it is so hot in July or if it is for safety reason, but our kids were glad there was no fire. If you have a DD, you may want to try 1900 Park Fare for a Princess experience. We didn't go there this time, but I have read that it is a fabulous experience and better than CRT. There is also a princess dinner in Norway at Askerhaus (sp?). Have fun and enjoy!

If you have a shogun/benihana/independent japanese steakhouse near you, Teppanyaki is more of the same. It's not really a "japanese restaurant" as you are probably thinking of it though---a limited sushi menu, no chirashi, no soba, no udon, and most importantly, no kaki gori (though there is a stand nearby!)

KJMAX1 said:
Not even sure if I spelled it correctly, but should I try to eat at Tempenyaki?? We come from Seattle and we can get great Japanese food here locally but thought we would enjoy it there for a change.

Also, something just sprung in me and we decided to call and see if we could eat lunch at CRT. Low and behold they had an open reservation for one of tha days we are there.....Is the food worth it? Isnt it a two dining credit meal as well??

I have an ADR for Teppanyaki as well. I am hesitant as I have good restaraunts of the like at home as well.

CRT is a must do for all at least once. The food is mediocre as is most of the theme park food, in my opinion. Although Le Cellier is great in Epcot and I have not ried Bistro De Paris.

I find the resorts to be a bit better. Psecifically, California Grille.

We had two DDs who would love to see Cinderella at lunch....We have never been although DH and I ate in the castle on our honeymoon. I am assuming its the same place??

OK, Ill skip Teppanyaki. I finally got an ADR for Boma...So now Im deciding where else to eat...Cant do Canada, or France...You see, we have 4 small children 7 and under...Ive been to Canada and its not fantastic and I was thinking...I dont think that kids would do well there either...Any other suggestions for our family?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter