Tell me why I should change from 3 to 4 nights on the dream!

We did the 4 night. We felt like it was the perfect amount of time to see/do everything we wanted without getting bored. Our friends did the 3 night and regretted it. They said they just started really getting into the cruise and relaxing, and then it was time to pack up!

Mike2023 said:
Talk me into changing my 3 night to 4 nights on the dream.

Because its really only like 2 1/2 days. You board Thurs, and you are off early Sun AM. There's not much time to relax. You are at Nassau, next day CC, then boom! It's over. There's nothing like a relaxing day at sea ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We chose the 3 night for our first cruise since we weren't sure what to expect or if we would like cruising. We got off the boat wishing we had at least done the 4 night.

There's so much to do on the ship, and unless you plan on skipping Nassau (recommended) to enjoy it, 3 nights is not nearly enough. If you decide to dine at Palo or Remy you miss one of the main dining rooms, and they're each a unique experience that you'll regret missing. Palo brunch is only offered on days at sea, which you don't have with a 3 night cruise. Maybe a Disney cruise is an everyday occurrence for you, but if not, the small increase in price for a 4 night cruise is well worth it to extend the enjoyment of a rare treat.

Thanks all for the feedback.

We won't be getting off the ship at Nassau so we do have that day.

The reason I'm thinking about it really is for the Remy brunch. We are at Disney pre and post cruise so just means one less day at the parks.

It might end up being a pain to move around my DVC so really thinking it over.

Mike2023 said:
Thanks all for the feedback.

We won't be getting off the ship at Nassau so we do have that day.

The reason I'm thinking about it really is for the Remy brunch. We are at Disney pre and post cruise so just means one less day at the parks.

It might end up being a pain to move around my DVC so really thinking it over.

If you're already at the parks I would not hesitate to do an extra day on the ship and sacrifice a day in the parks.

Mike2023 said:
Talk me into changing my 3 night to 4 nights on the dream.

The day at sea. Lots of things offered to do during the day. Also sitting on deck 4 relaxing while watching the ocean go by is really a neat experience.

If you're already at the parks I would not hesitate to do an extra day on the ship and sacrifice a day in the parks.

The day at sea. Lots of things offered to do during the day. Also sitting on deck 4 relaxing while watching the ocean go by is really a neat experience.

I agree. WDW feels like hard work compared to cruising. Watching the ocean go by may sound boring compared to all the attractions at WDW but really it's sooooo awesome. :cloud9: Sea days are the best.

I agree with pp, anything less than 7 nts is too short. Dh & kids have rebelled against short cruises.

3 night cruises feel like an overcrowded mall during Black Friday. Ick. Rush rush rush. People are not nice on 3 night cruises, in general. The whole vibe is very crowded and stressed out. Hard to relax, etc.

3 night cruises feel like an overcrowded mall during Black Friday. Ick. Rush rush rush. People are not nice on 3 night cruises, in general. The whole vibe is very crowded and stressed out. Hard to relax, etc.

I couldn't agree more!! :thumbsup2
Even ds12, then 11, complained about the kids on our 3 nt leg of our b2b on the Dream in Nov 2011.
"They have no idea how to behave on a ship." :lmao:

I couldn't agree more!! :thumbsup2
Even ds12, then 11, complained about the kids on our 3 nt leg of our b2b on the Dream in Nov 2011.
"They have no idea how to behave on a ship." :lmao:

Lol. My daughter is only 3 but I can totally see her saying that.

Cabanas at lunch and the pool deck is always such a zoo. Ugh. And the dinners feel so impersonal.

lilpooh108 said:

But wouldI I feel rushed just because others seem to? I've done 2 Disney cruises and never feel like I have to see/do everything. If I did a 3 night it would be to hang at the pool and on my verandah. I'd get off the ship only at CC. I may go to the spa once. We don't do character meets or anything else. I skip shows if we just need to relax. I'd also prefer a 7+ night but if I was on a 3 night I'd do my best to just relax and enjoy it. If I could better afford a 3 night or only had time for that I'd definitely go. A 4 night would be better though.

But wouldI I feel rushed just because others seem to? I've done 2 Disney cruises and never feel like I have to see/do everything. If I did a 3 night it would be to hang at the pool and on my verandah. I'd get off the ship only at CC. I may go to the spa once. We don't do character meets or anything else. I skip shows if we just need to relax. I'd also prefer a 7+ night but if I was on a 3 night I'd do my best to just relax and enjoy it. If I could better afford a 3 night or only had time for that I'd definitely go. A 4 night would be better though.

Actually this was us, almost exactly. The last 3 nighter we ever did was our 3rd cruise in Oct 2011. Didn't get off at Nassau, only CC. Apparently 80% of the ship had the same idea. So still very crowded, especially by the pool it was wet everywhere, people running into you, etc. Dirty chairs/tables by Flo's and near Cabanas. Just chaotic.

The "rush" feeling was just from the fact that there's so many people around. The mood of the crowd felt so, well, WDW park like. Not like a cruise at all.

I was pregnant so I "hung out" alot and we had a verandah. I tend to order room service when I hang out on the verandah. Delivery always took more than 20 minutes, we were frequently on hold for 10+ minutes. We skipped the Sail Away party on deck (way too crowded) and just watched the ocean from our verandah. That was fun.

Dinners were just OK since there are so many diners, service was impersonal and generally slow.

I enjoyed the cruise, but I enjoy the vibe of a 7 day cruise more.

Our favorite night was when we skipped the Villains show and just sat on the deck, enjoying the sunset and waiting for family members to ride Aquaduck. Lion King was on so we watched that for a bit (standing, mind you, since the crew cleaned up all and locked all the lounge chairs :confused3)

We also caught the matinee showing of Dreams on the 3rd night to avoid the crowd. That was nice.

Obviously a 3 nighter is better than nothing, but if I were you I'd really go for the 4 night. IMO the cruisers are very different, having now been on the longer cruises.

Honestly why stop at 4. NEVER would i do a 3-4 day cruise.

change to 14 nights out of Miami. Panama C.

debbie

For DW and me a seven night is the shortest we like to cruise. We are however booked on a four night cruise on the Dream just so we can see it. If we could swing it we would do a BB but it just won't happen this year. Plus we have been to Nassau several times so we don't plan on leaving the ship while in port.

The cruise goes by very quick for us, even the 15 night Wonder PC cruise. And we both love cruises with more days at sea. On the four night that day at sea will give you more time to explore the ship, experience more Disney Magic. Sign up for fun activities, an extra show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter