Tell me why I should change from 3 to 4 nights on the dream!

We did a 5 night double dip on the Dream last June and it seemed way too short. Even though we spent 8 nights at WDW after, we still wished the cruise had been longer.

Honestly why stop at 4. NEVER would i do a 3-4 day cruise.

change to 14 nights out of Miami. Panama C.

debbie

Never say never. I once swore I'd never do a 3-nt.
Do you pull your kids out of school for a 14 nt cruise?:confused:

We did 3 nt cruises when:
1. Our kids were much younger & could miss a little school, Thurs/Fri. Also offered KSF which really tempted me. 3/2010.
2. Sometimes Jewish holdiays fall in such a way that our kids get a 4 day weekend & Mommy needs a DCL fix. 9/2011
3. We were just itching to see the Dream so instead of cruising a 7 nt, we booked a b2b. 11/2011.

Thankfully, we cruise often enough that our 3-nt isn't our one & only cruise for the year.

we did both 3 nights and 4 nights on the Wonder and 4 nights on the Dream.

On the Wonder, i really had just as much fun on the 3 as the 4.
However, on the Dream, i cannot imagine possibly having enough time on a 3 night cruise....
Even the 4 night wasn't nearly enough and i was really very sorry i hadn't booked a 7 nighter on the fantasy instead...

the Dream is a gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous amazing wonderful ship.
a 4 night cruise isn't at all enough time on her - so you can imagine how much worse you're going to feel with only 3 nights on board her.

By the way, we also didn't get off the ship in Nassau - so we essentially had two sea days: the real day at sea, plus the nassau day.
And we still felt we'd only just scratched the surface of what's available on the Dream.

Bottom line? Do the 4 day cruise, not 3. :)

So a few of you say the 3 night just seems crowded.

My question is why would a 3 night seem more crowded then a 4? Same ship, same amount of people and with the sea day everyone is stuck on the boat.

We did a 5 night double dip last june as well. It was the podcast cruise. While we enjoyed it we felt it took away from our time at WDW so we felt "ripped off". We said we would not do another cruise.

So we have 17 nights booked at disney for May and decide we kinda want to try another cruise. Both wife and I think we are nuts for changing our mind but we figure this will be different then doing the Podcast cruise and we want to give our DD a chance at the kids clubs as this will be her first cruise.

If we did a 7 night we would end up feeling the same as last time with less time spent at our favourite place on earth and thats WDW.

My question is why would a 3 night seem more crowded then a 4? Same ship, same amount of people and with the sea day everyone is stuck on the boat.

We did a 5 night double dip last june as well. It was the podcast cruise. While we enjoyed it we felt it took away from our time at WDW so we felt "ripped off". We said we would not do another cruise.

So we have 17 nights booked at disney for May and decide we kinda want to try another cruise. Both wife and I think we are nuts for changing our mind but we figure this will be different then doing the Podcast cruise and we want to give our DD a chance at the kids clubs as this will be her first cruise.

If we did a 7 night we would end up feeling the same as last time with less time spent at our favourite place on earth and thats WDW.

ok, that's a tough question.
I used to feel this way, but now i don't as much.
But still, i can't tell you how you're going to feel.
I can say that i very much enjoyed my Dream cruise in October.
Perhaps my ship felt less crowded because we cruised in October, not June?
perhaps i enjoyed it more because i'm at a different point in my life than you (much older, kids married).

i don't know what to tell you.

I can tell you that while i enjoyed the Wonder when we sailed her 8 years ago, i was not in any rush to get back on board.
I would much rather be at WDW. Much much rather.

But then i went on the Dream in October and just loved her. But you were also on the Dream so i don't know. Again, maybe it's because i'm at a different stage in life? i don't know.

maybe it was because i was in concierge, so i was able to avoid the crowds on the ship? (other than at the shows).

i guess i just don't know the answer to your question! :)

Mike2023 said:

If you felt ripped off by the 5 night maybe you guys are just not cruise people? Most people who cruise often get off of a 3-4-5 night get off the ship dying for more. They either love cruising as much as the parks or love cruising more. So why even bother with the cruise? Why not just stuck to the parks? Did your DD go on the podcast cruise? Did she enjoy it?

ok, that's a tough question.
I used to feel this way, but now i don't as much.
But still, i can't tell you how you're going to feel.
I can say that i very much enjoyed my Dream cruise in October.
Perhaps my ship felt less crowded because we cruised in October, not June?
perhaps i enjoyed it more because i'm at a different point in my life than you (much older, kids married).

i don't know what to tell you.

I can tell you that while i enjoyed the Wonder when we sailed her 8 years ago, i was not in any rush to get back on board.
I would much rather be at WDW. Much much rather.

But then i went on the Dream in October and just loved her. But you were also on the Dream so i don't know. Again, maybe it's because i'm at a different stage in life? i don't know.

maybe it was because i was in concierge, so i was able to avoid the crowds on the ship? (other than at the shows).

i guess i just don't know the answer to your question! :)

I know eh, its weird. Don't get me wrong, we loved the ship and everything on it. It did not feel overly crowded to us so I'm not sure that will be a problem. Our theory is because we spent lots of our time last year running around and doing podcast stuff we did not get to take advantage of everything the ship had to offer. There was also a hurricane in the gulf so the seas were choppy. I ended up feeling "off" for most of the cruise and I'm hoping that took away from it as well.

My main reason for me thinking about the 4 is it would give me the opportunity to do the remy or palo brunch.

If you felt ripped off by the 5 night maybe you guys are just not cruise people? Most people who cruise often get off of a 3-4-5 night get off the ship dying for more. They either love cruising as much as the parks or love cruising more. So why even bother with the cruise? Why not just stuck to the parks? Did your DD go on the podcast cruise? Did she enjoy it?

No, our DD did not go on the podcast cruise. She is already talking about how she is going to ditch us for most of the cruise as the kids clubs excite her. "daddy, after lunch I will go to the kid club, then come out for dinner with you, then I will go back to the kids club". And she wants to do the gameshow.

And with the 3 or 4 nights we will still have 13 or 14 nights at disney so we should be ok. lol Last year we had 2 pre and 7 post cruise. For us, 9 nights just does not fill our disney addiction. lol

I know eh, its weird. Don't get me wrong, we loved the ship and everything on it. It did not feel overly crowded to us so I'm not sure that will be a problem. Our theory is because we spent lots of our time last year running around and doing podcast stuff we did not get to take advantage of everything the ship had to offer. There was also a hurricane in the gulf so the seas were choppy. I ended up feeling "off" for most of the cruise and I'm hoping that took away from it as well.

My main reason for me thinking about the 4 is it would give me the opportunity to do the remy or palo brunch.

No, our DD did not go on the podcast cruise. She is already talking about how she is going to ditch us for most of the cruise as the kids clubs excite her. "daddy, after lunch I will go to the kid club, then come out for dinner with you, then I will go back to the kids club". And she wants to do the gameshow.

And with the 3 or 4 nights we will still have 13 or 14 nights at disney so we should be ok. lol Last year we had 2 pre and 7 post cruise. For us, 9 nights just does not fill our disney addiction. lol

i was supposed to be on the podcast cruise with you, but as always, someone in my family does something to make me have to change the reservation (same thing just happened to me and the oasis cruise - yet another wedding....it's a conspiracy in my family to keep me away from the podcasters!! )

regarding feeling ill - sea bands....if you go on another cruise, get sea bands and wear them from the moment you set foot on the ship....
they saved my life (and we had hurricane Sandy waves - so we were rocking and rolling big time)...
the moment i set foot on the dream i started feeling ill...i was so surprised, since i'd heard she doesn't move because she's so big...but the second i set foot on her i was ill (that didn't happen to me on the Wonder)...
so i pulled out the sea bands DD had given me (she bought them on her alaska cruise) and put them on....within 5 minutes i was a new person...
i didn't feel a thing (and i'm very prone to all kinds of motion sickness)..
even when we had the very very rough seas on the last night (i seriously thought we were going to tip right over), i didn't get sick...
not even the slightest....i certainly felt the rocking, but not even a twinge of illness (and the same was true for my mom and sister, who also wore bands)..

i don't know how they work, but they do....it's downright magical!!!!

as for enjoying the cruise - i don't know if you will or not..
i bet your daughter will though!! years back, when we cruised the wonder - my son adored the teen club....on both of our cruises on the wonder..
he was 15 on the first and 17 on the second...to say he had a spectacular time would be the understatement of the century!! he still talks about it today (he's 25 and married now)..

anyway, try it again and see...maybe without all the podcast stuff you'll enjoy it more....maybe not...

my next cruise is going to be on the Allure of the Seas (we'll come in early for that wedding that's blocking me from the dis oasis cruise)...
i'm really looking forward to it, though i'm a bit worried about not doing concierge this time....but i'm trying to do this cruise on the cheap...i hope i don't regret the decision!!!

Cruising really is no fun if you have other "obligations" to attend to. This is why we don't bother with the cruise meets. Also if you've never cruised with your children, your missing out too. There's magic in watching your child's joy, same as when visiting WDW.

I agree with pp that it depends on your stage in life. There's a big difference in what you feel like doing & what's appealing between ages 35 & 50.

regarding feeling ill - sea bands....if you go on another cruise, get sea bands and wear them from the moment you set foot on the ship....
they saved my life (and we had hurricane Sandy waves - so we were rocking and rolling big time)...

Sea Bands eh. The stuff I was taking just knocked the wind out of me and I was tired a lot. I will defiantly give them a shot.

We did not bring our DD on the podcast cruise because it was the podcast cruise. We felt at 7 there would be to much that she would not have been into. Its a different story now and I know she will have a blast.

We also talked about doing a different cruise line. The oasis class ships look amazing but its Disney we enjoy so we figure it we are on the fence about the dream it might be worse for the other ships.

Anyways, we are both excited. Castaway was amazing even in cloudy weather.

Cruising really is no fun if you have other "obligations" to attend to. This is why we don't bother with the cruise meets. Also if you've never cruised with your children, your missing out too. There's magic in watching your child's joy, same as when visiting WDW.

I agree with pp that it depends on your stage in life. There's a big difference in what you feel like doing & what's appealing between ages 35 & 50.

Thats our thought as well. We are not doing any meets and not taking part in the FE group.

We also dont do wdw "commando" style. The thing we like most about going on long trips to the world is it gives us the opportunity to relax. Up early to the parks, back to the resort for lunch and a swim or whatever. Then a nice dinner out and an evening at the parks. It works very well and we dont get home burned out after the trip.

Mike2023 said:
Sea Bands eh. The stuff I was taking just knocked the wind out of me and I was tired a lot. I will defiantly give them a shot.

We did not bring our DD on the podcast cruise because it was the podcast cruise. We felt at 7 there would be to much that she would not have been into. Its a different story now and I know she will have a blast.

We also talked about doing a different cruise line. The oasis class ships look amazing but its Disney we enjoy so we figure it we are on the fence about the dream it might be worse for the other ships.

Anyways, we are both excited. Castaway was amazing even in cloudy weather.

Thats our thought as well. We are not doing any meets and not taking part in the FE group.

We also dont do wdw "commando" style. The thing we like most about going on long trips to the world is it gives us the opportunity to relax. Up early to the parks, back to the resort for lunch and a swim or whatever. Then a nice dinner out and an evening at the parks. It works very well and we dont get home burned out after the trip.

This is why I love cruising more than the parks. Cruising is so much more relaxing for me. I loved my 2 week cruse because it was the most relaxing vacation ever. I don't do the parks or cruises commando style though. I don't go through the Navigator and highlight a ton of stuff. I don't do the FEs anymore because I don't like spending half a day delivering gifts. I do the meets though because I travel solo with my son and enjoy meeting people. I go with the flow and just enjoy. Sounds like the podcast cruise was way busier than I'd enjoy. Good to know. Probably won't ever do one. I bet you will enjoy the cruise then because you won't feel obligated to do and be somewhere. I'd do a 4 night. That will give your daughter a good amount of time to enjoy the clubs and you some time to just relax

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter