Tell me this Galactic Starcruiser rumor is just that.

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
I seen this on the internet. I really hope its a goof and not for real. How this would suck for people paying $5-6K to have people over crowding the experience.

IMG_6383.PNG

That actually sounds cool . . . if they did do it, I imagine it would be to fill empty seats on existing voyages, which I hear have not been filling up. I would definitely consider this before the full experience.

With that said, I’m pretty sure this is a fan creation. There are obvious misspellings (“Batu”) and the graphic design is not at a professional level.

I am guessing false. The price seems way too low.
It would be great if it were true. For those paying 5K, they are getting the whole experience, not just dinner. Not enough people are booking the starcruiser so they need to do something to bring money in.

@fatmanatee is 100% spot on, clearly a fake. It's very one dimensional, and the fonts don't match up well at all.
Here is a real Disney ad
swgs-commercial-4.jpg

I seen this on the internet. I really hope its a goof and not for real. How this would suck for people paying $5-6K to have people over crowding the experience.
It feels like whatever is done with this near disaster will ruffle the feathers of punters one way or another. Whatever this becomes almost feels like a lose/lose proposition. Demolish it(not really)! Honestly, I hope they find a happy medium and this dinner idea seems like a start at least.

For the poster that wrote that the price seems too low, really? Seems just right from where I'm sitting as a father with three boys and a husband to one wife. Husband to one wife makes it sound like I may have had many wives at some point. ha!

FWIW I do expect a transition to something like this once interest dies out enough. I’m not sure what it will look like exactly but I imagine they keep the hotel, keep the restaurant, probably get rid of the full day immersive experience. You can probably operate the main components separately.

I would absolutely do a dinner on the starcruiser. Even just lunch and a chance to walk the halls and shop. Especially if you got to take the shuttle from Batuu.

It might help people who are on the fence (like myself) get excited and book a full excursion.

I was pretty sure it was a joke as I posted but looking at it again, this would actually be a good idea in the future if booking slow down, only if they didn't mix it with people actually paying for the 2 night experience. If demand does slow down, maybe convert it to a 1 night cruise with a random story line each time to bring people back. Arrive at 3:00 pm like a traditional hotel, have the dinner shows, shopping, light saber training, etc then wake up, have breakfast and depart. They could lower the price, scrap the excursion (to save money) and it would fit into a lot more peoples budget at say $1000 pp. Just a thought.

Yeah, it's a cool idea, but I agree with others that that price would be way to low if this were real. I mean, look at the price of the Perfectly Princess Tea Party by comparison lol. This realistically would be something like $500 - $600 pp and would probably sell out.

I wonder if there's a contingency plan out there for dinner and a show if the hotel underperforms... and that's why they didn't build the dinner theater place in the park.

There's a contingency plan, but $150 dinner for non-guests is not it, LOL. Can barely make it out of Brown Derby with that. I think they will dilute the experience and drop the price before they scrap it.

And I don't think we've seen any signs Starcruiser isn't doing well. There are plenty of seasonal tourist things that do fine with crazy pricing for a little while, like ski resorts. Starcruiser doesn't have to be sold out every night to be grabbing fistfuls of cash with how much it costs.

There's a contingency plan, but $150 dinner for non-guests is not it, LOL. Can barely make it out of Brown Derby with that. I think they will dilute the experience and drop the price before they scrap it.

Right on. As much as I'd like to be able to "sample" the starcruiser, turning it into Space 220 Long Ago and Far Away would probably not be the ideal business move.

Having gone on the Starcruiser, I can say that a 90-minute meal wouldn't be worth it. Truthfully, the dining room is the least special space on the ship and doesn't even have windows out into "space." The menu, while great, wouldn't be worth that cost without everything else that is part of being on the Starcruiser. I hope this is a misguided fan creation and not a trial balloon being floated to gauge guest interest in something like this. Not everything has to be for everyone. Let the SW fans who are willing to save up to engage in an immersive experience enjoy the undiluted Starcruiser, and let casual or budget-conscious guests enjoy Batuu. If it's not selling out every night, they could just offer fewer "departure" dates a year instead of scuttling the whole concept in favor of a cheap dinner-theatre version.

The star cruiser is a galactic flop, as predicted. They need bodies in the building spending money since people aren’t booking the ultra total rip-off stays. This may not be true… yet, but they will have to do something eventually.

The star cruiser is a galactic flop, as predicted. They need bodies in the building spending money since people aren’t booking the ultra total rip-off stays. This may not be true… yet, but they will have to do something eventually.
They need the one thing they won't consider. They need to convert it to original trilogy theming. Then they could use it as the ATM it was intended for all along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!