Tell me more about Sanaa

disneymom727

DIS Veteran
I am getting ready to make our ADR's soon and we are trying to decide if we should give Sanaa a try or not. It will be me, DH, DS8 and DD3. I've checked menus and just can't decide. We are not very adventurous eaters. I'm actually very picky. My husband will more or less try anything but usually gets stuck with basics (because of me & the kids). This restarurant looks really cool, like great atmoshphere. We'd really like to try something new. Please tell me what you think! Thanks.

I tried Sanaa last year, really liked it, and will be eating there again this year. But I also like trying new things, and really like that type of food. I'd say try it, and worse case scenario, you can snack later if you don't eat much at dinner. And the restaurant is beautiful.

Had some appetizers at the bar in Sanaa. Thought the food was very good and the choices somewhat adventorous. We reviewed the menu but ended up eating dinner in Boma, which was very good. If the kids are picky, they might be limited on the dishes they are willing to try. Good luck and enjoy your vacation. :banana::cool1::banana:

Just looked at the menu on-line and doesn't look like it's changed much since we were there last May. So, I wouldn't recommend Sanaa to non-adventurous eaters, at all. Virtually everything on the menu is Indian/Asian/African traditional spices, sauces, etc. Even the salads are not your traditional 'Merican flavors/dressings. Would not recommend Boma dinner for non-adventurous, either...we didn't care for it at all. (Boma breakfast, on the other hand, is outstanding-best-on-property.)

We liked some of the food at Sanaa, some of it we were not so keen on.

Here's a link to my review from last May -- it's post #107 -- there's pictures, too. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2161096&page=8
Sanaa is fabulous for seeing the animals (if you're there when they're out;)) but we probably wouldn't go back for awhile.

An alternative if you want to try out Sanaa but not be burdened by scheduling an ADR for a full meal is to instead go to Maji, the bar at the Kidani Village pool for lunch. You can order items there from Sanna, which will be brought out to you for eating poolside.

Nothing like some Tandoori in the shade!

Maji-Dscn3628-71109.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter