Tell me everything you know about F&WF!

jerseygirl82

Mouseketeer
DH and I were in Disney last October but had no idea about the F&WF :confused3

We are now planning our first trip home to SSR next October and the F&WF is #1 on my list :banana:

However, I know next to nothing about the festival. That's where all my DIS'ers come in! Can you please tell me everything I need to know? Things I should definitely plan on doing, etc, etc? We will be there October 10th-15th next year. Thanks all!

Sorry, I'm usually not in any condition to remember stuff from F&W. I know I like the wine, beer and food and Eat to the Beat is awesome (probably because of the wine and beer). It's a huge blast. Reminds me a lot of NFL tailgate parties only a little more refined. The snacks are also awesome. The whole thing is great. Am I rambling -- I guess I am.....

Have you checked out allearsnet's info on F&Wf? AllEarsNet F&WF

I went to the F&WF for the first time and loved it. I didn't do any of the specual events. Instead, I just enjoyed the WS and eating at the various booths. I think that I tried at least 1 thing from each booth. Since there will be 2 of you, you may want to each buy something different at a booth and then share it.

At each booth, the items usually cost $3-5 each. They are fairly small. However, I found last year (solo) that after eating 4-5, I was full. So spending $20-25 to me is the equivalent of a meal. So personnally, I didn't think it was expensive when I realized how quickly I filled up.

This will be our 6th time going during the F&W. It is my favorite time to go along with the 1st or 2nd week of December. Christmas is also wonderful in WDW.
We will be there 11/3 - 11/10 and celebrating(???) my 50th birthday.
We graze around the lake in Epcot and just eat and sample our way.
I like it becasue it is more of an adult atmosphere.
Can't wait to go!!!
Enjoy....

Count us in on those who love F&WF! DH and I have been the last 3 or 4 years. The best tip is to try to eat around the world on weekdays if possible. The weekend nights get pretty crowded. :drinking1

Does anyone know of a place where we can check out the free demos (chef and wine) schedule before we arrive? Since I don't eat red meat, there are always a few days that I MUST plan to be at F&WF for the demos, and other days we might as well plan something else.

The only thing I can say is that after sampling many beers Soarin' is quite a fun ride! :drinking1

(Not that it isn't fun anyway of course)

On 10/19 if you see a blonde girl and a male friend giggling profusely in line for Soarin' that will probably be me & my F&WF buddy.

Most people do Food and Wine a little like a State Fair - there are a lot of booths and you snack your way around. There are also a number of special events - many are ticketed and book in advance. I'm not sure when the schedule comes out.

We go every other year during F&W and MNSSHP and dislike both of them - at least for the current family. It happens to be when the kids have off school, the weather is ideal, and the crowds are lower. F&W makes Epcot crowded and difficult to get around in, plus there is the drunk factor. When the kids are a little older it might be more fun (and I'm sure it is fun as a grown up trip - but those grown ups having fun are one of the reasons I dislike it with my kids).

Don't get the wrong idea - it isn't a rowdy drunkfest - there are just a few more grownups a little tipsier than makes it convienent for us.

facebook twitter