Tell Me About OKW

nicurnc

Mouseketeer
:) Hi Everyone!

On the resort board they said I should ask my questions about OKW here...you guys are the experts:D

Got a great deal on a 2BR through SOG. Now I want to know, will we like it the way we like the "hotel" resorts?
Will my DNiece, 15 and DNephew, 12 think the theming is cool?
(They have never been to WDW
:eek: )

Are there some buildings better than others to ask for?

Some of the pictures I've seen are beautiful. Plus I think we'll all have plenty of room to spread out at the end of the day. Three TV sets with two teens won't hurt either:D

Any help y'all can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Loretta;)

I think the teens will love it as will you. The only request I would make as far as a building is that it's close to the Hospitality House.
That way your close to the main pool and store etc. One thing you will want to do is take the boat to DD.

:earsgirl: :wave: :earsboy: :sunny:

Boy will you get spoiled by a 2 bedroom at OKW!! Here on the DVC boards we always joke about the difficulty of staying in a studio after being spoiled by a 1 or 2 bedroom! :p But to have to go back to a regular hotel room - wow!!:eek:

If you are renting directly from Disney, you will get daily housekeeping. Your unit will have a full kitchen (dishes, pot & pans, stove, microwave, coffee maker & dishwasher included), washing machine, and master bedroom with king bed & jacuzzi.

Each teen will get their own bed in the second bedroom.

Have a great time! :)

We just stayed in a 2-bedroom at OKW this January..... we are now proud OKW DVC owners (via resale) SO be warned! It is a great place to stay!

Now with that said..... Your teens might be underwhelmed with the pool..... no slide.... Just a big lighthouse. My family and I dont mind.... but then again my girls are 34 months and 16 months old!

I agree with the previous poster... Something close to the HH is nice. But they are OKW fans who dig Turtle Pond area, and fans of Miller's Road.

Enjoy!

Resort map......OKW
You will love it there. I would recomend bldg 13 or 14 across from the Hospitalty House and main pool. Also request a non-smoking bldg. Also unless you have small children, I would request top floor(3rd) better views.Resort map is below....

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/okwmap.jpg

We personally like to stay in buildings 45 or 46. They are not especially close to the Hospitality House but they have wonderful views of Trumbo Canal and the boats going back and forth to Downtown Disney. They are not far from a quiet pool and South Point bus stop. Also a "heads-up" on the bathrooms. In buildings 1 through 29, there is only one entrance into the Master Bathroom--and it is through the bedroom. Buildings 30 and higher have two entrances into this bathroom-one through the bedroom and one through the laundry room. I'm not sure this is something that concerns you as the second bedroom has its own bath. BUT, if you will have anyone sleeping on the sofa in the living room, you might want that extra bathroom entrance. I hope I explained that clearly enough. Have a wonderful time.

The OKW 2 bdrs are incredible. We own at the BWV but our first stay as DVC owners was at OKW. We fell in love with it. It is like being in a 2 bdr apartment. The fully equipped kitchen is great for a quick breakfast and the jacuzzi tub in the master bath is wonderful after a long day at the parks. The other posters are right, it will spoil you.

<<Tell me about OKW! >>

OKW is an isolated, totally boring place. The only thing to recommend it is the slightly larger rooms, which is why you hear soooo much about them on this board. Too bad you couldn't get into BWV.

:D

;) Just kidding. Couldn't resist.

LOL
Just trying to kid a fellow NC'er, DVCajun?:D

BWV are great! Disney sent us there one trip after CRO inadvertantly cancelled our ressies:confused:

Our own two kids were teens at the time and they loved BW. But BWV were all booked for this trip, so I guess we'll tough it out at OKW.

Loretta

You can take the boat from the Hospitality House over to Downtown Disney. It's a nice ride with a pleasant captain. Smaller pontoon style boat. You can watch the golfers on the course surrounding the resort. Water birds and rabbits all over the place. You can even walk to DD if you want. You can see the fireworks from Epcot if you have the right building.

Sitting out on the porch in the early morning or late evening is so relaxing. You really feel like you are on a vacation - not in the middle of a nightclub.

:cool: OKW is great.
We have been members there over 10 years! Yes it is quieter than BWV which is a plus. When you walk down the street at OKW eveyone says hello or smiles or even strikes up a conversation.
I haved stayed with teenagers and now post teenagers several times (2 nieces and 1 nephew) and they love it at OKW. Now that they are older they go to DD or PI by themselves. My nephew's best friend's family owns at OKW and he has gone with his friend to OKW on spring break for 3 years now and they always have a blast.
The theming at OKW is more subtle but very nice and you will appreciate the roominess.
We just got back and I miss it already. Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter