Tell me about october???

a_hobden

To far from the magic!
I am planning a trip back to wdw in oct 2010... I have been plenty of times before but it has always been may time... Can anyone who has been late oct early nov give me a idea of crowds weather etc.... and also any review of HHN at universal would be great!!!

We have went in october for a few years, Lucky? I dont know, but weve always had great weather, no rain,lovely sunshine. we have been in march and dec, and it was cold, july and very rainy.
We stayed on site at universal last time in october and the halloween stuff was brill, wont waste it for you by telling you, but we really enjoyed and were really scared a few times.
Cant remember the crowds so it must have been fine, saying that if you stay at hard rock you get to the front of the lines:goodvibes

October is our favourite time to visit Florida - and we spend more time down the beach than in Orlando and it's plenty warm enough to use pool and beach.

We did hit a tropical depression two years ago when we didn't see the sun for 4 days, but it was still warm and I'd rather be over there in that than at home!!

The halloween stuff is really great - the Americans really celebrate the occasion and many places get involved. Down on Marco Island where we stay most of the neighbourhood houses have parties for the children and their front yards are all decorated with amazing detail.

Not had the courage to do HHN, but we're looking at Busch's Howl o Scream this year - we've always just down MNSSHP:scared1:

Also our favourite time of year to go....:cloud9:

We have been going every October since (2003 for me) and even longer for DF! Also been other times of year but October is definitely our fave! :thumbsup2

Weather has always been great, sun shining, the odd thunder storm here and there but they dont last long at all (just run for shelter for 5 mins...:rotfl:)!
Crowds never too bad (we avoid the UK school break)!

The decoration for Halloween is cool too, they really get into the spirit there! As for HHN, I went a few years ago, lasted about 20 mins then had to leave.....:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Will be going back to HHN this year though as there will be a group of us, not looking forward to it too much but im being bullied into it ha ha!!

One of my fave things about October is also the Food & Wine Festival at EPCOT....stroll around world showcase sampling beer/wine and a little bit of food from so many countries....in the sunshine..fab atmostphere = HEAVEN!!

So its a thumps up from me for sure! :thumbsup2

Average high is about 84/85 degrees (has always been around this temp when I have been and I have been both at the beginning and end of Oct leading into Nov)

Average lows is about 66/67 degrees!

Humidity levels are at about 88-90% in the mornings and 60% in the evenings!

Now I am not a weather girl or anything but this info I have got from across various sites and usually they come out pretty much the same!

Also, a few days before we are due to travel, we watch accuweather.com and get the 15 day forecast, obviously some of the days are way out with the predictions but 9 times out of 10, its worked for us! :thumbsup2

october is our favourite time - we have also been during uk school holidays (by accident, as we didn't have kids then!) and it wasn't too busy, just enough for a good atmosphere. Wasn't humid at all compared to august. really nice and fresh and we had a couple of chilling days where i wore a t-shirt and cropped jeans but apparently that was a "freak" day according to the weather report there. halloween is fab - Universal halloween horror nights are not for the faint hearted i was petrified of walking through the haunted houses but my DH loves it. MNSSHP is fab, great atmosphere, costumes and candy, yummy! ;)

I'm planning our trip for end Oct 2010 too so I'm really enjoying this thread :love:

As I'm eagerly waiting for the flight schedules to come out for Oct/Nov 2010 I was wondering if people who have been in previous Octobers could give me an idea as to what they have paid for their flights at that time of year so I can tell when I see a bargain. We will be there for the UK half term week but intend to go a few days before it starts and come back a few days after they go back to school (i.e midweek flights).

Any help on this matter would be gratefully received :worship:

Luv Suzy

We have paid £460 each for our family in Economy. DF and I have paid £1703 for UC. Not sure what the price of PE was.

We booked with VA exactly 11 months prior to our return flights, I believe that is the earliest you can book flight only.

Last October we paid similar for UC and probably the year before, beyond that, cant quite remember!

Next year, we have booked with TCD, it was £1942 each - Flying PE, staying at Hard Rock Hotel for 2 weeks with upgraded room, we have also upgraded the car to a convertible with plat ins. Considering the current prices and the fact that they seem to be rising rapidly, we didnt think this was too bad! Now we love to fly UC but they quoted us just over £2000 extra EACH....no thanks, dont love it that much!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

I have just priced the same holiday up with Virgin Holidays (it is for exactly ONE week later but still out of school holidays because our flight shows unavail with both TCD and VH) - ONE DIFFERENCE - PE flight not available for return so the price is PE outbound and Economy return...wait for it...:scared1: £5306 :scared1: versus....£3884 with PE BOTH ways! Glad we booked when we did....madness!

We paid £240 indirect last Oct half term, well $480 at $2/£1 on Orbitz.com I know this year prices have gone up but I have seen some have booked around £300 this year, I keep looking but can't find anything under £450ish. If they drop again I might be tempted but not paying so much.

Oct is by far my fave time of year, low crowds, cheaper flights, halloween, food & wine festival. Great time to go.

I am off on October 23rd for a week - I wouldn't normally go half term :scared1: but I'm meeting my son and his girlfriend who both teach in Nassau.

I haven't been quite as late in Autumn, normally choose September, so I'm not certain about weather. As for flight prices - I got UC seats for £1269 pp return. A great price I thought.

I visited in October 2003 and I found October really good in terms of the extra stuff it offers (Halloween festivities).

SeaWorld had trick-or-treat stands where you went up with a bag and they gave you free sweets :thumbsup2

I also didn't visit MNSSHP, but instead HHN and it's one of thee best things I've ever been to! I'm a horror movie lover though so it was my kind of thing! And it definitely was terrifying at points ;) We also had a ticket for the day, and then HHN at night which meant we could stay in the park while they "transformed" it which was pretty cool as it was EMPTY! Riding the rides in the dark as well was pretty cool! I'd definitely recommend it :thumbsup2

Just noticed that your original post says End Oct/ Early Nov......not sure of the dates for next year, but this year MNSSHP runs until 1st November and the MVMCP starts on 10th November....

So if you time it perfectly, you can get the parks decorated for halloween and also the halloween party at the beginning of week 1 and then the Christmas party and decorations near the end of week 2......would make for great photos!! :thumbsup2

Yer I said late oct/early nov as I want to avoid october half term and with not having kids I wouldnt know when this is!! (Anyone know when it is in 2010)

So far Im really liking the sound of october time.. and have been look on youtube at HHN vids and I carnt wait!!! :thumbsup2

The October half term can vary from area to area, but I think for the majority of England and Wales it will be the week begining Monday 25th October 2010. There may be some areas that have the previous week off though.

hth

Luv Suzy

I don't think they are as they don't seem to have the same system of half terms as here in the UK, but I will ask my friend who lives in the US.

Although of course she may only know about schools in the state she lives in (Maine) as I guess that different states will have slightly different term times :confused:

Luv Suzy

Just got a reply fro my friend who said this :-

"No they don't, at least not in Maine. We have Columbus day on Oct 12th, Veteran's day on Nov 11th, then two or three days off for Thanksgiving, then another long haul to Christmas.

They don't really do 'terms' and 'half terms' here. I can't really work out any pattern, other than very long summer holidays! "

hth

Luv Suzy

Brill!!!! last week in oct 1st in nov sounds gr8!!! just wish it was 09 not 10!!!:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter