Tell me about Golden Corral

My son LOVES Golden Corral. They have amazing pot roast and that’s what he goes for. I usually stick with the Bourbon St. chicken, fried chicken, green beans, and mashed potatoes. Ours is just fine. We’ve probably eaten there 6 times in the past year and have never had an issue. I actually just bought him $50 in gift cards for Christmas with the Sam’s Club deal.

Gross. Don't waste your money at Golden Corral.

The only buffet I will go to anymore is Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes. Those are consistently good, with fresh, healthy food.

DW and I enjoy Sweet Tomatoes when we're in the Orlando area.

I have never been, but this thread only confirms what I had already heard about it from ppl I know irl.

If you knew what happened "behind the scenes" in pretty much every restaurant, you'd never eat out. GC gets a bad rap because they're low budget, but high end restaurants have similar challenges too.

If you knew what happened "behind the scenes" in pretty much every restaurant, you'd never eat out. GC gets a bad rap because they're low budget, but high end restaurants have similar challenges too.
But at least higher end restaurants have food that tastes better.

My son LOVES Golden Corral. They have amazing pot roast and that’s what he goes for. I usually stick with the Bourbon St. chicken, fried chicken, green beans, and mashed potatoes. Ours is just fine. We’ve probably eaten there 6 times in the past year and have never had an issue. I actually just bought him $50 in gift cards for Christmas with the Sam’s Club deal.
Ours is horrid. I'd say I wouldn't be caught dead there, but I just might be caught dead if I ever went there. But when we head East or North and get to the next town over by lunch time, both of those are excellent and a good place for lunch. Much depends on how well they are managed.

I hadn't thrown up in 17 years. We ate at GC. Later that day, I became very sick and my 17 years streak was broken. I think it might have been a coincidence, but you know how that goes. Even if there is no correlation, I can't bring myself to go back. My new streak was 10 years, and now I'm finishing year four of my current streak.
It could be food poisoning but the stomache flu can live up to 2 weeks on a person or surface, they touch, you touch. The stomache flu virus is beyond strong.

I go to only two buffets. The buffet at Harrahs in Atlantic City and Phillips in Ocean City. Avoid all others

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter