Tell me about Garden Grill

wahmtexas

DIS Veteran
Please tell me about food and characters at Garden Grill ?? Buffet?? Worth it or skip it??? Thanks

We were there about a year ago and the meal was served family style at the table. It was all you can eat just like LTT in MK. The food at that time, to me, seemed very heavy and very heavy on the butter. Maybe someone who has been there since has a different take. It was fish, chicken and beef, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables and cobbler for dessert. I think I am missing something but for the life of me can not remember what it was! That's how memorable the meal was. :)

Characters were Minnie, Mickey, Chip and Dale. The kids liked the characters but we all felt like we swallowed lead balloons afterward.

We actually enjoyed it. I am a very meat and potatos kind of person though so the turkey and mashed potatos were perfect for me. DH like the catfish and veggies and their bread pudding was his favorite dessert of the whole trip. You should give it a try at least once. :goodvibes

Garden Grill is a neat family style restaurant. The restauant rotates (slowly) and you can see scenes from the Living with the Land ride.

Food is brought out on platters for the family to share, you can get more of anything that you'd like. Food is a very good salad (veggies grown in The Land) main course is Roasted Turkey with cranberry relish,Fried Catfish & Grilled Flank Steak with a mushroom cabernet sauce (yummy!) also stuffing, mashed potatoes & veggies. Kids get mac & cheese and chicken strips, french fries and fresh veggies. FYI: "adult" kids can also get the chicken strips & mac & cheese :thumbsup2 Dessert seems to change every few months, sometimes a berry cobbler or apple dish or bread pudding. Kids usually get cupcakes that they can decorate.

Characters are Farmer Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale. They are very interactive, last year Dale stole DS's hat and took off with it. Then held it up high, making DS jump to get it :rotfl: Meanwhile, Pluto was flirting with my Stepmom :lmao:

We've had several good meals here :goodvibes

add: menu

We LOVE it, it's our favorite character meal.

Be sure to ride the boat ride first so you can see where a lot of the food served at the Garden Grill is grown. The food is served family style. They bring it to your table and if you need more they bring more. The desserts there are to die for!!! The kids get a cupcake to decorate, mine really enjoy it. The characters are dressed in farmer clothes and they really cut up. They visit the table several times. This is where we get the best character interaction, it's a MUST for every trip! :)

My kids (11 & 15 now) love Garden Grill - it's basic home cooked food with a disney character twist.... uh... spin ;)

We had Chip, dale, pluto and Mickey there on each of our last visits. They may be playful or not - but when they are and they interact with each other it's hysterical... keep your camera ready :)

My kids (11 & 15 now) love Garden Grill - it's basic home cooked food with a disney character twist.... uh... spin ;)

We had Chip, dale, pluto and Mickey there on each of our last visits. They may be playful or not - but when they are and they interact with each other it's hysterical... keep your camera ready :)

Yes, when we were there they were interacting with eachother a lot. It's too funny!

I thought I'd post some pics:

a-102.jpg

the yummy dessert!

a1-35.jpg

kids dessert

a2-22.jpg

a3-13.jpg

He ran away with our bowl of catfish! (but was nice enough to return it!)

a5-7.jpg

Pluto was running around pretending to ride a broom stick for some reason. It was near closing time and the waitresses were trying to clean up.

We ate there last Sat night the character interaction was GREAT, my DS loved it. The service and food was the worst we had in the park. The meal was cold and just above cafeteria type food. The salad and dessert were good. DS loved the cupcake with frosting.

We dined there in Sept. & LOVED it :love: The character interaction was excellent, the food was okay to very good. We would do it again!

We had an amazing time this last visit over Spring Break this year. The food was very well prepared, and may I add the scallopped potatoes were to die for (made with Tillamook Cheese made here in my home state). We sat on the bottom level and so it felt like we were all alone. Our server was amazing. Gave us great attention. Our favorite was our time with the characters, unlike other places they just kept coming back. It was great! Going back in December....pass the potatoes!

IMG_0336.jpg
IMG_0338.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter