Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

Karen--and all--

YES, I will be writing a trip report/race report and post it here. It may take a bit. I do the trip reports for me, really. My memories, etc. For my family trips as well as Goddess trips.

Naturally, the information will be from my perspective...so I hope that others throw their memories and perspectives in as well.

Karen--and all--

YES, I will be writing a trip report/race report and post it here. It may take a bit. I do the trip reports for me, really. My memories, etc. For my family trips as well as Goddess trips.

Naturally, the information will be from my perspective...so I hope that others throw their memories and perspectives in as well.

Yay! Cannot wait! :cool1: I totally understand doing the TR for yourself, that is why I do my TR's as well. I forget things so easily as I get older, so having a TR to go back to and read my thoughts and experiences is great. Same reason I journal as well.

Lisa loved the pictures!!

Loved all the Facebook posts as well.

Now that Lisa is back I will finally, finally post the wedding report!

Oh and I will start my campaign for Erika to do tough Mudder.

I'm dying to hear all about the race/weekend!!! I was so glad you were updating on FB, I was laying in bed with the flu and it was the bright part of my day!

Also, reading lots of reports about the race, itself, and want to hear what you girls thought. What corral did you start in? Was it way more crowded than previous years? I have a million other questions...first and foremost, did you FINISH all that alcohol?!?!?! :thumbsup2

Okay! Karen, I will try my best and I'll probably get it wrong. :lmao: And no they/we did not finish it all - the alcohol.

Karen--and all--

Erika, if you had one for Europe I would love to read it. And IF you're okay with that send it to me. That would be a dream read for me.

Lisa loved the pictures!!

Loved all the Facebook posts as well.

Now that Lisa is back I will finally, finally post the wedding report!

Oh and I will start my campaign for Erika to do tough Mudder.

Thanks Megan. I was pleased with them. I *thought* I didn't even take many pictures. But I think I had around a 100 - so hmmm.

And can't wait for the wedding report. Especially Katie's view on her choices.

What dates are the Tough Mudder - I think it might be around my birthday.

The Princess Weekend

I'm happy that I finally got there. First, I had just an *okay* time. I loved the race and finally meeting everyone. But I felt I couldn't go without seeing my parents who on holiday in Florida. My father acted like I was taking him hostage to drive on over. Honestly, he acts like he's not a WDW fan at all but then has fun. So ??? But good on him for doing it - and cancelling some plans - my parents, despite my mother's state are VERY social. He had dinner plans with two female friends and a in condo massage set up for him and his childhood friend and daughter! My parents kill me. :goodvibes

Anyway, that totally clouded my time and emotional stance and sleep. But had to be in my head. I had a great time with them but was exhausted. I wanted to take over for my father with my mother. So I was up all night with her. She was up about nine times that night. Her average is about four. So I got about an hour an a half. She got more because she has an ability to go back to sleep - I don't. :sad1:

Wait! Let me back up.

I flew in with no Tuesday night, Wednesday night on my last borrowed points - I somehow snagged BW BW view!!:confused3 but :cheer2:. No Thursday night and no Friday night. And then was Erika's points at OKW. I just thought I will figure those non - booked nights out later alligator. So on Tuesday morning the prices dropped into my range. Got someone to cover my Wednesday work (already booked). Phoned my father and told him what were plans were but would not go without seeing them. I wanted to fly into their airport and stay with them but nothing came anywhere near my $$$. He caved. :goodvibes Thank you Dad.

So I ran and booked the flight before SW made it disappear. It was for that night in Buffalo. I live in Toronto. :goodvibes. Buffalo is the States. Toronto is in Canada. ;);) My passport, of course:sad2:, was expiring because I stupidly wasn't on it. And was expiring the day of return. But still booked Cause that's how I roll (stolen from a Goddess). I had the return booked for about a week but gave up on finding outbound and then there is was!

Unbelievable. I WAS OVER THE MOON. :flower3:

I ran and shoved sh!t into my luggage. I always pack and the last minute but not throwing things. I only do a carry-on. But I gave up and took two carry ons sized pieces.

Phoned Jean and she drove like the dickens towards the border. I knew I didn't have a lot to give the girls - so I wanted something to share and make sure they knew that I was so happy to be with them and grateful - so Jean literally shoved the car in a parking spot in Niagara Falls Walmart. I ran - sprinted actually for Smarties for all of them(Canadian chocolate - Kelly???) and Jean ran for cans of salmon so that I could eat. Yahoo.

We were running out of time and got to the bridge and it was backed up. :sad2: What? On a Tuesday? What is going on? This rarely happens at the bridge! A border officer was out and about and said they had no clue why is was so busy and were not prepared. (Remind me to tell you why - drop in SW day of was used by more than me!). I fretted but was calm. I thought whatever will be - will be. I often think what if I'm racing to a bad flight. Just let it be Lisa. Just let it be. And I did.

We took a long time and didn't have a a$$hole guard. Yeah! Sometimes some of them take their authority too far - I'm all for doing their work - keeping us all safe -so not that - not time used but sometimes very sarcastic remarks to you. Few and far between but does happen. And you can't be mouthy back, of course because they have the power. But we had ours just doing his job. Yeah!

And success!!!!! :dance3: It was a while and nail biting but did it!

Buffalo was a dream at night. No lines. I've been there many a time but the last couple of times I've had to use Pittsburgh because it's so much cheaper. They know we are coming - Canadians - to Buffalo so it's not as cheap. But forgot how much smaller BUF is - lovely. PIT is small compared to our monstrosity here (Toronto Pearson) so both are a dream.

Oh wait. Here's what might have made a crowded border - not really but good story. I heard 4 guys from Toronto tell someone they booked that day to FOR THAT DAY at 4:30 and rushed for the border and barely made it. Many a spontaneous people around. THey were going to Daytona. I love spontaneity.

My plan was to sleep in the airport that night. And then I got smart. It was close to midnight and I went HMMM it's really my BW day now so maybe they would let me take Magical Express in and I'll walk the BW - go into Picabu (Tubbi's) at the Swan - wait Dolphin? I can never remember. And then sit in a chair on the BW porch. My BW porch. YES IT WAS THAT WARM THAT NIGHT.

So I thought I would have to talk my way onto DME. The girl goes "we don't care when you choose to go in!" SAID IN THE MOST WE DON"T CARE WOMAN! VOICE. Funny.

"You want to go in now?". NO talking myself on. YES PLEASE!

So I go in and someone wants me to check-in. I think they were bored because it was the middle of the night. I explain it's okay - I'm early - I'm here today but tomorrow as in 7AM in 5 - 6 hours. Oh I forgot to tell you there was a Wednesday flight for a tad more $$ but I chose the late night because Buffalo was calling for snow. And when it snows there it SNOWS. But they said "no problem come over and let's check if the computer is up". What? I thought it was a 7 am turnover - still think so. So she goes "it's not come back at 3 AM". So I walk the BW and go back at 3 AM. And new person there is confused. Of course she is because I know it's not 3 am turnover. Long story and a manager overhears and says "take her name and I'll scan". I don't have a cell but sit down near in the lobby. I know I should have clued in here but I thought "scan what?" I thought she was merely waiting for the computer to turn over ro something.

I think "wow" they are being SO lovely and I'm early. And shut my eyes. I could because I'll already checked my bags. And thought about sleep and tomorrow.

Suddenly I jump in the chair. A manager had come to find me. "Lisa I have an empty BWI room - no sense of you waiting - come get a key and SLEEP". Just go sleep. I thought I was dreaming - literally. What? I almost started crying. Can you believe that? CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I thought I was hearing incorrectly. But I wasn't. It's just before 4 AM. And a BW manager is finding me to tell me to go sleep for free on the inn side. What is going on here?

MAGIC is going on for me! Unbelievable. Still blown away.

This was such a beautiful part of my trip. YOu all know I had so many errors on my last trip - daily errors and was beyond tiring and not magical - mostly IT train running out of control all over the place - which makes me scared for MDE. We can't even get it in Canada yet? Can you believe that? The IT department has yet to figure that out. It's probably their smallest issue. LAUGHING.

. WDW was MAGICAL to me this trip. So many lovely moments. I can't even explain to you how that impacted me!!! MAGIC AGAIN. pixiedust: THank goodness.

I thanked her profusely. And went to my BWI room. Tried not to disturb a thing for the maids. Didn't sleep much. But slept. Woke up a 8:30 and left the room. I wanted to be respectful since I was awake and felt so thankful.

Went down checked in for BWV and went on my way. It's a blur but I *think* I went to DD and ate breakfast at WPE. I had some money left on gift cards. They have changed the breakfast menu. OH NO. NO Spinach and Mushroom Omelette - NO Crispy French TOast. Why oh why do they take favourites away? Still very bitter about my BW Bakery fruit plate demise.

Funny story. I'm over near the Disney store and that open area. And I look around. Hey! They've made some changes here. What are they? Something is different. And then OOOOOOH.

And laughed and laughed. Something WAS different. There were not 10 million people in a 100 square foot space!!!! Laughing. We went with Annie and Nathan this holiday and the last time two years ago on the holidays. So I'm not used to low times. Same as Megan's photo and I do it again: What's changed? Hmmm. Ummm, nothing. Just people. Laughing.

I took the bus to the CR and walked over to MK. MAGICAL. It was HOT. I took the train around - haven't done that in YEARS. Lovely. And did a few other rides and it was time to meet my parents. Took the long way monorail to Epcot monorail and walked through Epcot.

I walked over and they had just arrived. We were both early and VOILA our room was ready early. The walk was too much for my mom with her walker so I talked my father into getting a wheelchair for the next walk back in. (Isn't WDW lovely - free at BW for stay). That was hard to do but I realized I needed to give in because it was absolutely necessary. She can walk it with her walker but her head takes over and gets upset when she thinks she can't. So good on the BW and WDW. I thought I recognized the room #. OMG, I knew it was one of those rooms. DID I GET IT? Opened the door - I did! It was those rooms - the one I had two Christmases ago. Wt H? Last minute and I get the best room. GLORIOUS room. I felt a tad bad but GOT OVER IT (I have realized in the last year that I have picked up typing styles from other goddesses without even knowing - look at me cap it out like Erika all the time!!! :rotfl2: and picked up *this* from someone -so strange!)

We had such a lovely time in our BW room. I got that on my points and then my friend got me another BW view room for the next night when I told him "CHECK - CHECK NOW!!". Witch like powers. I mean BW view two nights in a row - what are the chances days out and day before!!! I made life heavenly for my parents and I - now they could stay two full days. No room change - I went downstairs and had them link it.

We had a good time. I talked to my mom after and usually she can just repeat. As in "Did you have a good time, Mom?" and she will say G- OO - D TIME. She must have such a good time that she said slowly but said "I had a wonderful time!"

We hung out. My dad rented a pontoon. We rode the monorail b/c they haven't been on it in awhile. When they come with me they have no park passes and have been at AKL/BC/SSR so not near there. So lovely. They took me to Kouzzina (never been) and Big River Grille - sitting outside. I let my Dad sleep during the afternoon and I wheeled my mom around the BW/YC/BC. It was difficult emotionally to wheel her and I almost started bawling as memories of her fully there at WDW and walking and talking came flooding in. Most where she had dementia but still.

We looked for a new outfit at the YC at my father's request which is quite the feat since she doesn't know how to lift her limbs anymore and such. Didn't find anything that looked good on her. I rolled her into SAB.

What did I just say? Yes, I rolled her into SAB.

How the he!! could I do that? Well our pool was rehab. SO SAB for BW stays. Booyah and had a lovely sit by the pool. Really lovely. She enjoyed watching the children play and splash and we were in the shade! Hallelujah! Really lovely couple of hours. She actually asked to go back the next day. :rotfl2: :goodvibes And said "you're good" "you're good to me". Lovely lovely moments.

Oh and probably lost weight. Salmon and pushing that chair up numerous inclines does the body good.

And returned to catch up with my father.

I have NO CLUE why I just wrote all that! And I'm not even at the marathon info. :lmao: Whoopsies.

So that's part one....

My goal is to get to your TR on by the weekend Karen. Exhausting couple of days but I shall get there! I have to get some sleep in me to take it all in. :goodvibes

Can't wait to be taken away into your photographs.

Wedding Report...

Ok so my sister's at home reception is about a week away and I've been promising Lisa I'd post this report so no more excuses.

I'm not sure how much of the background story I've shared here so let me try to share the brief version. My sister planned a wedding for March 9. Book a location for a reception and everything. From last March till about June this was the only plan she had. Oh and she had a dress. She was so resistant to getting married in front of people, she absolutely freezes up when she has to be in front of people. She did not want a ceremony, a first dance or anything where all eyes were on her. So they started tossing around ideas of how to get married privately maybe on the beach before the reception.

So I'm in Vermont for the weekend and my sister calls me up and says I want to get married in Disney World. I laughed. It just wasn't at all what we had talked about her doing and there were a million things that had to come together for that to happen. Well she started looking into it and the lowest priced WDW wedding package would have been a couple of people short for who was going and the next step up she felt was just over kill. She thought that her chance had ended there but she has a sister who spends way too much time researching Disney. I showed her and my mom two options... one was to get married at the Swan and another was to get married on the hot air balloon at Downtown Disney. She LOVED the hot air balloon.

We contacted a wedding planner about it and... unfortunately during the time she was planning her wedding the balloon had to be shut down due to an accident with the companies balloon at another location. (Side note they shut disney down till they could investigate problems.) So the wedding planner suggested Fulton's. I went back to researching, I used google and the boards to try to find info about getting married at Fulton's. I told her about all the things I'd read, showed her pictures of other weddings there and I told her my feelings on getting married on a boat named after Walt's wife. Then my mom shared some family history about how we had our first character meal on that boat. She was sold. Then there's a lot of months of managing everyones schedules, her at the time fiancé's crazy family, there was also a good period of time where Brian was having a tough time due to the loss of his father and we weren't sure he was going to come. In the end we all got the time off and we all went down.

Oh it was also Emma (my niece's) first airplane ride and WDW trip. Which she was only a year at the time so not surprising but it was also Eric's (Katie's now husband) first trip to WDW so there was just a lot going on.

Whew that's probably enough wedding talk to start. Here are a few non-wedding pictures because this was just all long and boring. I will also try to resize the pictures next time, I'm just too tired to redo these right this second.

Caribbean Beach Resort
DSC03586_zpsa15f4a3e.jpg

Not sure what I was doing to have Emma looking at me like this.
DSC03468_zpsb4f5da2d.jpg

Brian has a water camera so we get awesome shots on Kali. This was our first ride... (thats Eric, Katie, my brother Joey and my mom)
DSC03622_zpsf428ba8e.jpg

And this is how we looked after riding three times in a row without getting off. (We knew we were headed straight back to the hotel after.) Thats my brother Joey, my sister Katie, my darling mom, me! and Brian.
5b7dcdc4-e32b-40a1-8b48-4cc7f9ba8018_zps5f556253.jpg

Wedding Report...

Brian has a water camera so we get awesome shots on Kali. This was our first ride... (thats Eric, Katie, my brother Joey and my mom)
DSC03622_zpsf428ba8e.jpg

OMG, what a fantastic shot. Did you take this gem, Megan? It looks like it's right out of a promotional brochure.

Great memories.

Long and boring. NOT! Loving it.

Loved the back story and can't wait for more. Thank you!!!! :wave2:

I just did part two Karen and lost it. And I had saved it too but the save only came up as disboard link. The disboards is very strange this week!

I'll try again later. So bloody frustrating.

HIT IT BOYS - it's one special day! Not for her YET for but here already!

And a one, and a two and a one, two, three...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dearest Karen!
An oh so HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

Thank you Lisa!!! You were the first to wish me a Happy Birthday! :lovestruc (of course it's just 3am and you posted at 11pm! Early bird gets the worm, right?!?!) ;)

I'm struggling with it a bit, I'm 40! I will face it with as much grace as I can muster and it helps that I ran yesterday and have a PLAN for 40. I WILL run, and that will make me healthier and happier than 20, so that's the plan for getting old today! :rolleyes2

Oh and I'm getting a tattoo on Thursday. Nope, no midlife here! :lmao:

You wrote all that b/c I LOVE when you write all that! :flower3: MORE! MORE!

The Princess Weekend - part deux

So where was I?

My parents.

Had a lovely time with them. :goodvibes My father can be my father so to speak - smiling - and he's beyond stressed to add to that - but lovely nonetheless. They really enjoyed their time. In fact, my mother usually is about two words for her interaction in conversation these days and when I phoned her from AKV and said, "Did you have a good time, Mom?" - her normal response would be to simply repeat part of the question or say "good". She really worked hard to say, "I had a wonderful time." Lovely moment for me and for *us". So I was thrilled to say the least. :cloud9:

I thought my parents would leave at mid-afternoon to drive back in sunshine but no - I forget that they act like they're decades younger! :lmao: They didn't seem to want to leave WDW. I desperately needed to make up sleep - especially to see the girls - but you know. They're my parents and they were in no hurry to leave the BW. I don't think they left until somewhere near 9 pm.

Wait, another back up moment.

Sighing. :worried:

We were sitting at Kouzzina, having breakfast, their last day. And my dad was telling me that they were smiling at the BW gate because the guard kept calling my mom "Lisa" (her name is Violet). So during the story I looked over and caught something cross over my mom's face. Stupid me. I wish I didn't see things all the time. I shouldn't have even asked. But I did. And that's life.

So I said, "what is it, Mom?".

And she laughed (usual reaction for other emotions these days) and I said, "I don't remember your name". Full sentence. :confused3 Full impact.

I was shocked. Floored. She had literally said, "I love Jeannie." the week before. WT F? Sighing. :-)hug: Karen and Megan) (And to you Liz)

But I understand. She NEVER hears my name anymore. Dad refers to me as "your youngest daughter" in person and on phone. Jean hasn't been able to be up there as much as usual with me - as one SHE HAS A LIFE! - and two SHE HAS A LIFE! No kidding. Laughing when I feel like crying. Meaning she's very busy with auditions and rehearsals.

So life changing moment. Of course I knew that it would come. Because of looking after Mama. But never saw it coming NOW. And was shocked. The timing couldn't have been worse for me as this was something I needed to simply bawl over but didn't feel like I could. My limitations.

So they went home and I barely slept that night. AGAIN.:3dglasses

Don't know why. Excitement? Exhaustion? I don't know if any of you are like this but where you're so tired you can't unwind enough to get proper sleep. I hope none of you are like that actually. It sucks. But no clue.

Woke up very early and tried to figure out where the goddesses were at. Yeah!

Just thrilled to be free to finally meet up. :dance3:

You know the in between story at this point so I'll fast forward to actually finding them.

I ran out of AKL and had done enough research to find out that Disney had DIRECT buses to most Princess events. Unbelievable. Good on Disney.:thumbsup2

Meaning I had a direct bus from AKL, and all other resorts did as well, to Coronado Springs! Resort to Expo resort. Direct. Disney. Does. It. Best.

So that made it easy for me. Got to the Expo - ran directly into the room - scanned for a goddess. Scanned and scanned and scanned.

And gave up and got smart.

Wait, back up AGAIN.

The bus driver. Lord, how could I have forgotten the bus driver. :rotfl2: :rotfl: He was chatting up four marathoners that were getting off so when I got on I was all alone and he says "Of course I'm still chatting it up. One man - four women - a man dreams of such an arrangement". That's the PG version. I can't even remember the X rated one!!!! Or I'd totally tell you. popcorn::
And then he starts talking about how evil the government is - and about 1984 and Animal Farm - and that he would NEVER live in a big city like me because he KNOWS too much because he worked in jails for years but was *behind the scenes* - husha husha talk. And we talked about the N word (he was black and brought it up) and racism and the dark forces of life that I wasn't privy to and should understand. And was I married? no. Did I have children? no. So "when you have children.....". Came out of me "I kind of think that door is closed" (I have NO CLUE why that came out of me :confused3) and then he proceeds to tell me that I will and can have a child and what age the door WILL BE CLOSED.

On a Disney bus (chartered for these events) - Walt would be so dam@ proud. Laughing. Loudly. :rotfl2:

I'm like in my head, "totally fascinating but I just want to see the goddesses" like NOW!! Please LORD - like NOW!!!" :laughing: :love:

So I'm off the fantasy bus - laughing - and I'm in the Expo and scanning and coming up with nothing and get smart. VERY quickly.

I'm like "Lisa, find yourself a place to plop yourself down and tell them you're here VIA huge laptop you're carrying!".

So found the perfect spot at the back. :thumbsup2 Sign making area. Pretty markers. Loads of colours. Space and a table and got Karen to help me as I was having problems seeing the computer screen -even with my glasses on! ?????? Glare? Excitement? I don't know but thank you Karen.

And I start my sign and wait.

A mere minute later - or seemed like no time I glance over and see this Fairy Godmother. I swear I really saw a Fairy Godmother. 1984. My fertility. Animal Farm. Racial slurs. Government conspiracies. Fairy Godmothers. I know I'm seeming very credible at this point. Totally. :rotfl2:

So she's blessing this perky Princess near me but not right at me. And I smile. How cute.

And go back to my sign. My GO TEAM GODDESS sign that's looking very public school but LOVELY nonetheless!

Wait! Hmmm. Something pulls me. I look again.

Is that Erika being blessed? IS IT? :woohoo:

Why yes it is - I truly think it is .....

And VOILA there's Nancy! So IT IS Erika for sure! (no glasses on - I am supposed to be wear them around the clock but don't). Nancy and Erika, right there, just hanging out with the Fairy Godmother.

And Erika's blessed and heading away from my area so I get up and yell their names.

And they turn back and scream.

Can you believe it? I just happened to see them in the distance. Nice. :love:

Lovely moment. And we hug. And we blurt.

I honestly thought I would be shy. Really. I thought that was how I would be. But not even remotely. I was completely there and so happy. Completely me and there. It's a great memory all around.

Nancy was cute. (And by the way she IS cute). She told me a few times "Lisa I just can't believe it!" as in she didn't feel *like You know that feeling when you feel out of your body as in "how is this happening?". I completely understand that.

So more goddesses find us.

One by one they came over and greeted me and I was happy to see them. I think Liz came first. It was and is a total blur now.

And we got everyone together and off to the buses. They were going back to their resort. They thought they might do DD later and if so I could meet up. But they suddenly realized that it was late and they had a middle of the night alarm for a LAST YEAR DRUNKEN DECISION - 5K! ;) So I wanted to be with them but it was complicated. And them being offsite still and such. And needing to relax, eat and go to bed.

At least I took the bus over to AK - where their cars were parked. I had a direct bus back but more goddess time was LOVELY.

BECAUSE MY SMILEY USE IS OVERBOARD!

So off they were and off I was - I didn't even have my room as yet! The room I nabbed less than 24 hours before. Pretty good, eh? Get on a plane with three nights NOWHERE to sleep. Had one might BW view room - my points - that's all. No worries in my head with Priceline and the 192. But can you believe it? I end up with a BWI bed, two nights at BW view and AKV Value. How blessed am I! :cloud9:

So I get my room and open the door and almost faint. Well, I'm being totally dramatic. :rotfl: ;) Didn't almost faint. But was shocked out of my body.

You see AKL Value are DVC rooms that are deemed "VALUE" because they are smaller and less points. They are one third parking lot view, one third pool view and one third Savanna view.

Of course you know what's coming next:

I GOT SAVANNA! With no requests. Last minute (totally unfair but probably only check out kind of deal).

And not only savanna but I walked in and saw four giraffes immediately. Dropped everything. Grabbed my camera. SO HAPPY it is a point and shoot Karen! Wink. And snapped away.

What a lovely moment.:goodvibes Totally blessed by WDW this trip. Totally.

Of course I didn't go to bed early when I needed a 4:00 am wake up call. I slept maybe two hours at the most.

Why? Well the alarm clock wasn't working. So I pressed the *wake up* button on the phone. Voila, right? NOPE.

Both were not working. The front desk assured me that they would call but it's hardly comforting to sleep when you just don't know without some kind of back up.

But I woke up early - before the call - on my own! Yeah! Hated the middle of the night but was BEYOND EXCITED for their race. :yay:

I can't even explain to you all how exciting it all was for me. The direct bus with runners. The energy of the crowd. The music. Even the porta-potties all lined up and ready to go! Laughing.

I gave up ever finding them. I was really early so I stood close to the porta-potties for awhile, hoping. As they had all told me that some of them spend a lot of time on their trips waiting for others to take washroom breaks. So somehow that translated - for my early hour brain!!!! - to maybe I might see one of them. And actually laughed at myself as I went off to check out spectators' areas.

I stood at the top of the bleachers for quite awhile looking out at all the runners. :worship: Taking it all in. The energy, vibe and music. Magical. Totally magical.

In my opinion the commentators yap too much. But I'm not a runner. Maybe some like it??!!???:confused3

Something pulled me off the bleachers and down to the start area. That something was wonderful.

I literally SAW THEM!!!

Can you believe it? In all those thousands of people! I SAW THEM! Right at the rails. Exciting moment!:yay:

I literally was RIGHT THERE with them.

Excited. I hurriedly took their pictures. They LOOKED beautiful. At 5:00 am!!!!! Amy has since said it was the glitter. I told her all the glitter in NA would ever have that effect on me. They looked absolutely beautiful in their fairy finds!

Unfortunately, I missed that Kat and Amiee were with them - all were in the same corral. The first.

Unfortunately because I wasted a lot of time scanning the next four corrals for them. It was only when I was scanning my photos later that I realized they were further up from me in that first one.

Oh well. Still LOVED it. :love:

The first two runners in - were men. I didn't get a good look as I think corrals were still going. I think I have that correct. It was unreal the speed of those first racers. So wonderful to see. Especially the speed of the first PRINCESS. :thumbsup2

And I was at a great place to see the Goddesses come in. Sighing. Nice. Nice moment to see. To see them coming around that last corner.

I missed them - or they missed me - but I got a snap after the race.

I went back to AKV - direct bus again!!! (fantastic Disney!) - to get everything together and check out. And ready to find the 5Kers.

LOVED THE RACE. :love: Didn't know how I would feel about being a spectator. But really enjoyed it!

My God - I'm only at the first race! Smiling. :rotfl2:

Lisa! First off, I just wish I could hug you. I'm so so sorry. I know, I understand, and I just cannot imagine. I saw it happen to countless other people in my father's life, but he died before forgetting mine. So so hard. I really just want to go have a little cry for you. I'm just so sorry. :sad1:

But as always, not a minute after having me near tears, you have me laughing! The bus driver! :lmao:

AND, of COURSE you found the Goddesses...they were dressed as FAIRIES! :rotfl2: Ah, drunken decisions always pan out. ALWAYS. So glad that you guys decided to do both and I loved the fairy costumes!

Ok, I just got a massive tattoo and I'm sore, so I'm going to sign off here. If you want to see pics, they are on FB!!

Sorry, sorry I will finish up and respond to stuff soon. Been getting ready for my sister's at home reception so things have been a bit busy. Promise I'm coming back.

Lisa! First off, I just wish I could hug you. I'm so so sorry. I know, I understand, and I just cannot imagine. I saw it happen to countless other people in my father's life, but he died before forgetting mine. So so hard. I really just want to go have a little cry for you. I'm just so sorry. :sad1:

:hug: Karen.

And thanks. It is hard. But I have lovely story coming up about my name below!

But as always, not a minute after having me near tears, you have me laughing! The bus driver! :lmao:

YepHE WAS FUNNY!!!! I think I forgot all about him because I was so excited to find them. So good for me writing this TR - made me remember a lot of great memories - and he certainly was one! :rotfl2:

AND, of COURSE you found the Goddesses...they were dressed as FAIRIES! :rotfl2: Ah, drunken decisions always pan out. ALWAYS. So glad that you guys decided to do both and I loved the fairy costumes!

You would think, right? But almost everyone was dressed up for that one. Well maybe I'm being a bit dramatic. It seemed like almost everyone was dressed up! And bang on on the drunken decisions. They really liked showing off two medals. Although the 5K was NOT bling worthy! It was a pretty lame medal

Ok, I just got a massive tattoo and I'm sore, so I'm going to sign off here. If you want to see pics, they are on FB!!

As I found - WOW Karen!

Sorry, sorry I will finish up and respond to stuff soon. Been getting ready for my sister's at home reception so things have been a bit busy. Promise I'm coming back.

Concentrate on that fun, Megan. Is it this weekend in the Cape? Can't wait to hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter