teal DVC magic bands....

smores

DIS Veteran
does anyone know if there are "special effects"...I don't think these are limited editions.....

Nothing specific to the MagicBand.

If your MDE profile recognizes you as a DVC member, you should get the DVC Member Purple to Green color scheme.

Eventually magic bands will go the same way parking went I bet. Disney will find a way to make you pay for them at some point.

Eventually magic bands will go the same way parking went I bet. Disney will find a way to make you pay for them at some point.

Rest assured we are already paying for them.

But this is one that as long as it remains the key for the room it's unlikely it can become a separate charge. And the phone app won't cut it for the access. Otherwise can you image at the front desk? "So ma'am - your room number is 3510. If you'd like to have access to the room that'll be another $25. Shall I charge that to your credit card? No? Then we can leave the window open for you". :rolleyes1

Rest assured we are already paying for them.

But this is one that as long as it remains the key for the room it's unlikely it can become a separate charge. And the phone app won't cut it for the access. Otherwise can you image at the front desk? "So ma'am - your room number is 3510. If you'd like to have access to the room that'll be another $25. Shall I charge that to your credit card? No? Then we can leave the window open for you". :rolleyes1

I’m wondering how much we are paying for the magic bands which affect our dues. I hope we aren’t getting hit with $15 per magic band when it costs Disney less than $2 a band.

There are two Magic Bands DVC members can purchase, one is teal base and one is white base.

There is a turquoise MB that can be bought for $14.99 from shops, along with a few other fancy standard colors; millennial pink, navy blue, black, lavender, white and dark green.
The teal one is $29.99 minus the 20% merch discount and the white one (Dooney & Burke) is $49.99 minus the 20% merch discount.
upload_2018-12-20_12-10-35.pngupload_2018-12-20_12-10-21.png

There is a purple pop instead of green when entering the park for DVC members, that is the only "special effect" for DVC owners bands.
upload_2018-12-20_12-14-22.png

Disney need the MBs for their big data analytics projects, which was one of the main reasons they were introduced in the first place I think. Disney are masters of data and predictive analytics.

I'm still sporting my purple DVC anniversary band from a couple of years ago. :teeth:

Love mine too! I wanted to wear my trip coming up in two weeks but want to make sure my Photopass pictures link. Do you think they are too old. I purchased when they were first on sale.

Love mine too! I wanted to wear my trip coming up in two weeks but want to make sure my Photopass pictures link. Do you think they are too old. I purchased when they were first on sale.
I would think if you choose this band to be the " active band " in MDE that everything should link ( tickets and Photopass).

It is estimated that a MB will last 2-3 years based on battery life. Long distance communications such as Photopass require the battery. Once it dies only the near field communication will work (door lock, point of sale etc.)

Couldn't you change out the puck from the new MB? I'm not sure if colors match, but I would think it should be close.

Couldn't you change out the puck from the new MB? I'm not sure if colors match, but I would think it should be close.

Yes, the pucks are interchangeable with the bands, you just need a small Philips head watch/eye glasses screw driver to unscrew the puck from the band. It takes a little bit of force to pop the puck out.

We have fun changing out the pucks with different colored bands for our trips. We let our girls pick the colors that we use for our trips.

Yes, the pucks are interchangeable with the bands, you just need a small Philips head watch/eye glasses screw driver to unscrew the puck from the band. It takes a little bit of force to pop the puck out.

We have fun changing out the pucks with different colored bands for our trips. We let our girls pick the colors that we use for our trips.

We haven't tried it yet, but I think we may start letting our girls do the same thing. Great idea!

It is estimated that a MB will last 2-3 years based on battery life. Long distance communications such as Photopass require the battery. Once it dies only the near field communication will work (door lock, point of sale etc.)

Thank you. I purchased approximately 2-3 years ago. Will just save it I guess. I will use the band I just got for our trip. Two weeks from today, yahoo!

Thank you. I purchased approximately 2-3 years ago. Will just save it I guess. I will use the band I just got for our trip. Two weeks from today, yahoo!

If your old one is a MB 2.0 with removable icon, just take out the old icon & replace it with the icon from the new band. The special part of the band is separate from the icon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!