• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tea in Real Cups

Tinker_Belle

DIS Veteran
We’re planning a trip in late June, and it’s looking like the Garden View Tea Room isn’t going to reopen by then. Is there any restaurant in a pretty setting that serves tea in real (not disposable) cups? The Grand Floridian Cafe? Does anyone use teapots or teacups/saucers? I’m looking for a place to bring my 7-year-old daughter who loves tea parties.

I don't know of anyplace that serves tea like that at WDW. You can get hot tea in a cup that is not plastic, but it does not come out in a pot for you to pour. If you have a car, you might try some of the fancy hotels around Orlando. You might have to Google search it.

I remember Jiko used to have a nice tea service with real cups and a pot and best, they brought a wooden box of tea bags (sorry, not loose leaf) for you to select from. As a tea drinker, I was impressed.

You can get hot tea at various TS, but it's nothing special--merely a pot of hot water with cup/saucer and a box containing various teabags. Standard restaurant tea service, in short.

There's to be The Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers opening sometime next year which will offer afternoon tea, but that's all I know of for WDW until/unless GVTR reopens.

I remember Jiko used to have a nice tea service with real cups and a pot and best, they brought a wooden box of tea bags (sorry, not loose leaf) for you to select from. As a tea drinker, I was impressed.
I had dinner at Jiko last Saturday. My sister ordered a tea and they gave it to her in a tea set with nicer cups and pot. A lot of the teas that are listed on the menu were unavailable though. The waiter said they only had about 3 of them actually in stock.

If you don't get a reply here, you could ask in the Yacht & Beach Club thread. Someone who is there could check for you.
Thank you. I understand they used to do tea on certain days that might fit the bill for OP… it may be long gone but that’s a good idea to ask on the other thread if OP is interested in finding out. Latest I could find online about it was from 2016, which makes me think it was discontinued a good while ago.

The Four Seasons still has their daily tea service and is technically on property and if it is like the tea at any other Four Seasons hotel it will be amazing. Their tea service is more than what Disney charged pre-covid but the tea service at the Grand Floridian had gone way down hill over the last decade.

The Four Seasons still has their daily tea service and is technically on property and if it is like the tea at any other Four Seasons hotel it will be amazing. Their tea service is more than what Disney charged pre-covid but the tea service at the Grand Floridian had gone way down hill over the last decade.
I agree that the GF afternoon tea was not what one would expect for the price. Things like "whipped creme" instead of the real thing, and cheap whipped topping at that.

We reached our limit about 5 years ago when they began sticking practically every course on a tiered tray and parking that on your tiny table instead of serving each separately. It was a juggling act trying to remove plates without toppling something and hardly the elegant experience you expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter