TDR Resort Booking Window?

gmi3804

Gonna ruin Maw’s birthday
DVC Silver
Booking the Disney resorts opens at five months (well, two months out for now) prior to check-in date. How many nights can I book at that time, and isn't there the risk that previous check-ins would have already booked the resort full on my check-in day? None of the TDR guides seem to provide this info. Would I be able to "walk" a reservation, similar to DVC reservation walking? Thanks!

Last edited:
5 nights. If you want more than 5 nights, you need to make another reservation.

Virtually nobody is staying longer than 2 nights so you shouldn't have a problem. No walking.

5 nights. If you want more than 5 nights, you need to make another reservation.

Virtually nobody is staying longer than 2 nights so you shouldn't have a problem. No walking.

I’ve never seen anything that’s said there’s a five-night maximum from the date the window opens.

I just tested this out, trying to book for 60 days (the current booking window) from today, for TWO nights, and every single category in every single resort would only let me book the first night. I don’t think it can be a coincidence that every second night in every resort is booked.

Has the policy changed?

I’ve never seen anything that’s said there’s a five-night maximum from the date the window opens.

I just tested this out, trying to book for 60 days (the current booking window) from today, for TWO nights, and every single category in every single resort would only let me book the first night. I don’t think it can be a coincidence that every second night in every resort is booked.

Has the policy changed?
All I can tell you is that I personally know that the maximum is 5 nights on a single reservation.

Sorry, I read "how many nights can I book at a time" but you were asking how many nights you can book at 60 days out. The answer is one. You can't book a date that isn't open yet. 6/14 isn't open yet. Today you could book 5 nights, 6/9-6/13.

All I can tell you is that I personally know that the maximum is 5 nights on a single reservation.

Sorry, I read "how many nights can I book at a time" but you were asking how many nights you can book at 60 days out. The answer is one. You can't book a date that isn't open yet. 6/14 isn't open yet. Today you could book 5 nights, 6/9-6/13.

How would I book three nights starting 60 days out? Would I have to book one night at a time, revising the reservation each subsequent day? None of the guides answer this!

Thanks!

How would I book three nights starting 60 days out? Would I have to book one night at a time, revising the reservation each subsequent day? None of the guides answer this!

Thanks!
You can't change the number of nights on an existing booking. You can only book additional reservations.

I guess you could book one night, then book two nights the next day if it's available & cancel the original 1-night reservation.

Probably easier to just wait until all three nights are available, depending on the resort/room type. If you're looking for something like MiraCosta harbor view then obviously that won't work and you will end up with three separate 1-night bookings.

Probably easier to just wait until all three nights are available, depending on the resort/room type. If you're looking for something like MiraCosta harbor view then obviously that won't work and you will end up with three separate 1-night bookings.

That’s exactly what I’m going to eventually want to do. It sucks that this is the only option.

Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter