Target RED Card...thoughts/ opinions

nicoleezk

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone...I was just wondering if anyone out there had the Target RED Card, and what their thoughts were on it? Is it worth having for the 5% off every day and the free shipping? I shop at Target on a regular basis, so just wondering if it made sense having one, especially if I pay it off right away? :)

Yes it's worth it. I have the Target RED Debit Card and the 5% off everything is great. I would pay with my debit card anyway, so might as well get 5% off!

I also think it's worth it. I shop at Target a lot and pay it off right away so that 5% savings adds up.

Yes it's worth it. I have the Target RED Debit Card and the 5% off everything is great. I would pay with my debit card anyway, so might as well get 5% off!

I agree. I didn't want their cc but the debit is a great, easy option for 5% off. I have used it twice w/no issues. The money comes right out of our account within 2 days.

I use the red card. I have the debit card as well. I also like that all my target purchases are in one place for easy returns.

I like the Red Card. You save 5% off any purchase, and can assign a school to get a small percentage of your spending. I read somewhere that the average Red Card holder spends more at Target with it, so if you consciously shop like you normally would, then I think you'd be ok. Plus, it's more than my 2% on my credit card... Pay off both right away though.

I've had the Target Red CC for over a year and it has definitely paid off for me! I do all my grocery shopping at the Supertarget and not only do they have better prices than local grocery stores but I have the 5% on top of that. You can get great coupons off their website too. I've saved a ton in our grocery budget over the last year!

I have the debit card and it is 100% worth it. I got it right when it came out last year. If I remember correctly, it took less than a minute to apply for it at the register and I got 5% off right then. It's really a no-brainer for me. :santa:

I don't know why anyone who is a regular Target shopper would not at least get the Target Red debit card. It is wonderful! 5% off every time I go and comes right out of my checking, love it!

If you use the Target pharmacy you will also get a card for an additional 5% for every so many prescriptions you get filled I think it is 8 or 10. The cardis valid for about a month but can only be used one day but for multiple visits that same day. You will then end up saving 10% that day on everything except prescriptions.

I love my target redcard debit card. I have saved quite a bit of money by combining sales with their online coupons, and manufaturer coupons plus the extra 5% off.

Can someone explain how this works? I never knew they had some debit version that still gives the 5%. I almost opened a CC last week to get the 5% but didn't. We only have 1CC and prefer to keep it that way but i"d love to have this debit card. How does it work?

Can someone explain how this works? I never knew they had some debit version that still gives the 5%. I almost opened a CC last week to get the 5% but didn't. We only have 1CC and prefer to keep it that way but i"d love to have this debit card. How does it work?

It is linked to your checking account just like any debit card. I have not tried it anywhere else, but I guess you could use it anyplace you would use your debit card. It does not have a VISA symbol or anything. When you go to the checkout, ask the cashier for the debit card application. You need your checking account info (can't remember if I needed a check or not). You get to pick your pin#. They mailed me the debit card a few days later.

It is linked to your checking account just like any debit card. I have not tried it anywhere else, but I guess you could use it anyplace you would use your debit card. It does not have a VISA symbol or anything. When you go to the checkout, ask the cashier for the debit card application. You need your checking account info (can't remember if I needed a check or not). You get to pick your pin#. They mailed me the debit card a few days later.

Can you use it the same day you apply for the debit card?

We got the Red Card, credit card this past Sunday. So far, in 2 trips, we've saved over $4.00. It's not much but then again, I didn't buy much yet. We have the American Express with cash rewards but only 1% on purchases like Target so we're getting more with the Red Card. I won't use a debit card and I'm glad they offered the credit card.

I applied for the card in my name and they printed up a receipt that is scanned as the card until the actual card comes in the mail. At the bottom of the transaction receipt, they print off how much you've saved using the card.

Even Clark Howard, consumer guru, recommends the Red Card as the only store card he has endorsed.

I am so glad I posed this question here because I knew there would be some well informed answers, and I was right! I didn't realize there was both a credit and a debit card. I am going to need to do a bit more reading up on this, but the debit card does sound like a no brainer....Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2

The RED Debit Card is awesome. If only they would link their online coupons so we don't have to print them out. It would be great if the Target coupon would just automatically deduct if you use your RED Card. Are you listening Target??? LOL

Does anyone know of any other stores that have a debit card that gives a % off at the time of purchase?

...but the debit card does sound like a no brainer....Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2

It is a no-brainer -- you get the exact same benefits as you would with the credit card -- except you don't have to worry about a pesky credit check.

(I've had mine for a couple of years -- it works harder for me than my bank's debit card)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter