• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Target Gift Cards Please Read!!!

Does anyone know what email you get from Target when you are BAND from their system? I just got an email that there is an unexpected delay with my order. Want to make sure my online account hasnt been flagged.

Thanks

Does anyone know what email you get from Target when you are BAND from their system? I just got an email that there is an unexpected delay with my order. Want to make sure my online account hasnt been flagged.

Thanks
You'll probably get more replies with people who have experienced this on the Disney gift card thread on the budget forum.

Thanks
There is no email from Target stating you are banned. No email. No warning. Just every order you're trying to place on the Target website gets automatically cancelled. Even before the automated thankyouforyourorder email.

Last edited:
There is no email from Target stating you are banned. No email. No warning. Just every order you're trying to place on the Target website gets automatically cancelled. Even before the automated thankyouforyourorder email.
Yeah, the cards are out of stock.

So, question. I have like $1800 of gift cards on my account. If they cancel my account what happens to the $1800

I used to buy Southwest gift cards with Target gift cards, bought on Raise. Even Starbucks cards.

But now the only cards I can buy - Disney gift cards. When I tried to buy Southwest gift cards couple weeks ago, the web-site would let me use Target gift cards to pay for the order, I got a confirmation through an e-mail, but then I got e-mail about my order being cancelled. I tried to do it again - same result.

I called Target, and they told me the policy had changed, you could no longer do it. So I had to use Target debit card, and that still gave me 5% discount. It was not that great as before, but at least something, as you can't really get better then 5% discount on Southwest gift cards anywhere else.

But with Disney gift cards I still was able to use Target gift cards to pay for them.

I suspect Target probably would cut it off some time too. But that is life. If they feel like they are not making money - they would cut it off. They are a business after-all, they'd have to make their profit to stay in business.

Last edited:
I tried to buy a Disney giftcard from Target.com today using a Target gift card and my red card. My order went through at first, but was then cancelled. I called and was told that third party cards could no longer be purchased with a Target gift card. I'm not sure if this means at all or just if it is used in conjunction with the red card.

Dawn

I tried to buy a Disney giftcard from Target.com today using a Target gift card and my red card. My order went through at first, but was then cancelled. I called and was told that third party cards could no longer be purchased with a Target gift card. I'm not sure if this means at all or just if it is used in conjunction with the red card.

Dawn
I think that means that you can't use a Target gift card to purchase any other type of gift card.

Dawn
It's my understanding is that it means not at all - whether you are a Red Card holder or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter