Target Gift Cards Please Read!!!

lds0191

DISNERDS
FYI: You can no longer use Target gift cards purchased through raise.com to purchase Disney gift cards at target.com.

I just tried to purchase a Southwest gift card with Target E-gift cards purchased through Raise.com. The order was processed and then canceled. I tried a second time with the same results. Called Target.

*** New Policy *** According to what the team member told me you can no longer use gift cards to purchase gift cards. I am now stuck with over $100 in Target e-gifts cards I can only use to purchase merchandise online. This policy was changed 10 days ago. I asked if they could force the order through as this was a new policy and I was not aware. Answer: No, no and no.

There's probably just a system problem. I ordered Disney Gift Cards this past Wednesday, Thursday and Friday using Target Gift Cards. The people answering the phones are usually clueless and will say anything to get you off the phone. Repeatedly trying to order the cards will not work. The system will continue to automatically cancel. Wait a few days and try again.

There's probably just a system problem. I ordered Disney Gift Cards this past Wednesday, Thursday and Friday using Target Gift Cards. The people answering the phones are usually clueless and will say anything to get you off the phone. Repeatedly trying to order the cards will not work. The system will continue to automatically cancel. Wait a few days and try again.

I will try that. I just looked at my order history at target.com and I ordered a Disney gift card May 25th and it has been shipped so the policy was not changed 4 days ago. Fingers crossed!

Yea I bought Disney cards a few days ago with no issues. Also, just because your Southwest card order was canceled doesn't mean a Disney order would be.

If this is in fact the case going forward, which I very much doubt, just go use your e cards in the store. You can save the number into your account and then pull it up on your mobile phone in store. The cashier scans it and you're done.

it is my understanding that Disney gift cards, not the Disney store cards, are not considered a gift card being purchased with a gift card....it is considered a travel purchase.......idk, that's what i think.

I am now stuck with over $100 in Target e-gifts cards I can only use to purchase merchandise online.

That doesn't sound like you ordered the right cards, if what you bought can only be used online. I could be wrong.

it is my understanding that Disney gift cards, not the Disney store cards, are not considered a gift card being purchased with a gift card....it is considered a travel purchase.......idk, that's what i think.

Disney cards are considered "entertainment cards" not gift cards. Which is why it works.

The OP tried to purchase Southwest gift cards, not Disney gift cards.

It is my understanding that the Southwest gift cards are different from the Disney gift cards.

In the past, you have been able to use Target e-gift cards to purchase Southwest gift cards online at Target.com (and save 5%) and they've worked just like the Disney gift cards. I think this might be just another example of some orders randomly getting cancelled. The majority of buyers don't have problems but yes, some are still reporting their orders are getting cancelled. OP - I'd try again perhaps and see what happens?

Heather

Here is my understanding. There are 2 types of "gift cards", entertainment cards (such as Disney Parks gift cards), and gift cards such as restaurant, VISA etc. Target gift cards cannot be used to buy other gift cards but can be used to buy entertainment cards.

I ran into a similar issue at Staples. I was using staples gift cards to buy Disney Gift cards. It worked for a while but then I went in and it would not longer work. Apparently Staples changed their system and now you cannot use one of their gift cards to buy any card, entertainment or not.

One note, if you have a Target Redcard you get the 5% discount on any card you buy.

I just ordered two $100 cards last night using two Target GCs from Raise. Order shows as shipped. I feel like this rumor makes the rounds every few months.

I just ordered two $100 cards last night using two Target GCs from Raise. Order shows as shipped. I feel like this rumor makes the rounds every few months.

Not to mention OP didn't even try to buy a Disney card but claims in bold you can't do it anymore.

I am the one who started "the rumor" as some are calling this thread. I take offense to that remark. I am just stating what I was told by the target team member. I did order a Southwest gift card a couple of weeks ago with no problem. I am going to try again today to order the Southwest gift card and if that doesn't work I will try to order a Disney gift card. However, I will not post the outcome because I am done with posting on this forum. Some of you people are just mean.

I said I was not going to post my next attempt but here goes anyway. It is not fair to the "not mean" people to not get an answer. I tried to purchase Southwest gift cards, again and my order was canceled, again. I ordered the same type of card a couple of weeks ago with no problem.

So, I tried to purchase Disney gift cards and it DID work! I am not sure the difference between Southwest and Disney other than SW was e-gift and Disney was a physical card to be mailed. I apologize for taking the Target team member at his word. He said, and I quote "You can no longer purchase gift cards with a gift card per our order processing department".

I bid all adieu and hope you mean people try to be nicer.

If this is in fact the case going forward, which I very much doubt, just go use your e cards in the store. You can save the number into your account and then pull it up on your mobile phone in store. The cashier scans it and you're done.
This is good to know. I had no idea you could do this. Thanks!!

FYI: You can no longer use Target gift cards purchased through raise.com to purchase Disney gift cards at target.com.

I just tried to purchase a Southwest gift card with Target E-gift cards purchased through Raise.com. The order was processed and then canceled. I tried a second time with the same results. Called Target.

*** New Policy ***

*** New Policy *** According to what the team member told me you can no longer use gift cards to purchase gift cards. I am now stuck with over $100 in Target e-gifts cards I can only use to purchase merchandise online. This policy was changed 10 days ago. I asked if they could force the order through as this was a new policy and I was not aware. Answer: No, no and no.
I am now stuck with over $100 in Target e-gifts cards I can only use to purchase merchandise online. This policy was changed 10 days ago. I asked if they could force the order through as this was a new policy and I was not aware. Answer: No, no and no.

" According to what the team member told me you can no longer use gift cards to purchase gift cards."

That is true...you cannot purchase a gift card with a target gift card. You CAN purchase a Disney GC w/ a Target gift card. They consider a Disney GC as an Entertainment Card. They have limited the amount of Disney cards you can buy.

" According to what the team member told me you can no longer use gift cards to purchase gift cards."

That is true...you cannot purchase a gift card with a target gift card. You CAN purchase a Disney GC w/ a Target gift card. They consider a Disney GC as an Entertainment Card. They have limited the amount of Disney cards you can buy.

Do you mean they have limited the amount you can buy in store? Or online?

The OP tried to purchase Southwest gift cards, not Disney gift cards.

It is my understanding that the Southwest gift cards are different from the Disney gift cards.

Totally missed that lol. I've never once heard of someone buying SW gcs with the target gc so it makes sense that I skipped right over it. (And I'm not sure I was alone in that)

As far as buying gift cards with gift cards...I think it depends (in the store) who you get. In December there was a buy 2 Disney Gift Cards get $5 Target gc offer. I drove around my town buying Disney Gift Cards (because of course the one closest to my house the manager said there was a limit). I had my mom and my friend buying Disney gift cards, it was crazy. At the 2 stores farther from my house there wasn't a limit, just the one 5 min away (weird, right?). Then like a lazy person I went to the same Target with the stickler manager with my HUGE stack of $5 gift cards and she said "you can't buy gift cards with gift cards." I know but Disney are "entertainment" which is why they are still eligible for the red card 5% discount. Grrr..so I bought something else with my ridiculously tall stack of gift cards and kicked myself for not going to the one 20 min away. I blame Christmas traffic for my being a slacker :(

When I just have 1 or 2 target gc and bought other things (like, um GUM), the gc are not a problem.

Bottom line: depends on the management (and if the cashiers are nice/don't know/don't ask management).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter